Stories of Woodie?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 29, 2006
925 Deep East Bay
I met Wood a few times in the past. I knew people who were close to him. First time I met him was at my boy's house. He was good friend's with my boy's older sister. He was kickin' it there with Shadow and Los. Yoc Influenced was about to drop, so we already heard a couple tracks on a street promo disc he was handin out to friends. So we got introduced and everythin. At first I was like "this nigga looks like a square ass white boy!" lol. But we chopped it up a lil bit (mostly about music n shit, and people we knew). He was solid as fuck. We only went there to grab a pipe and a lighter right quick to go smoke, and they just happened to be there hangin out.

Another time he rolled thru to this New Years party we were all at. He was drunk as hell. Chopped it up for a coo minute. That was a good night. Back in 99 or 2000.

Apr 1, 2004
Woodie was a great dude. One of my favorites ( and least favorites ) was when I finally convinced our radio station to let us interview Woodie and East CoCo. I reminded Wood over and over that this wasn't internet or college radio, it had to be PG rated...so of course he does his radio edits, everything is cool there...but every other word out of his mouth was fuck, shit, etc haha. We'd take a commercial break, I'd remind him, he'd laugh and say 'my bad'...then "we're back with Woodie and East CoCo"..."fuck...shit...fuck". The station sold out a few weeks later anyway so fuck em. We had a good time.
was that the station that looked like a caboos in santa rosa?

Feb 7, 2011
I remember how I became mod back in the day..

Growin up, I went to school wit Lou-E-Lou's sister and even dated her on and off. When she first told me "Lou-E-Lou" is my brother, back in the late 90's, It took me a second to realize who she was referin too, she popped in the first N.E (this was late ninties) and I KNEW the second the intro started who her older bro was.. I chopped it up wit their pops (who come to find out) grew up with my uncle and he told me bout all the times they would start shit with hells angels and get into shit. I guess him and my uncle tore shit up in the town back then. But that doesn't surprise me.

Later down the road, I had already been posting on the siccness since 94 and woodie was looking for some mods, I sent him a PM and said Im down to do it.. Didn't hear nothing back. The next day I happen to just kick it at Lou's house (in the stack at the time) and he was tearing out some plants taht died (R.I.P) and I mentioned that woodie was looking for a moderator and he said he would hollar at him about it. Next day woodie hits me up telling me he'd like for me to mod his board, which of course I happily obliged. Woodie sent me 2 N.E cd's and 3 shirts. I always told him he didn't have to. I had the privilege of talking with him on the phone on several occasions, Homie was hella solid, like the type of man that would do anything for his family.

Homie is always gonna be missed. (RIP)

I BELIEVE IT WAS AROUND THE TIME NE4 HAD DROPPED THAT WOODIE, HIS CAMP, NEVER AN WYNO, 14 KALIBER, BIG OSO LOC, V-DUB, BIG TONE AND GOD KNOWS WHO ELSE DID A SHOW AT THE GAS LIGHTER IN GILROY.. THERE WAS A SHIT LOAD OF HOMEBOYS IN THE BUILDING AND TO MY EYES SEEMED TO BE NO THREATS.. ENJOYING THE SHOW AND SHAKING HANDS TALKING TO PEOPLE SEEMED TO BE WHAT EVERY ARTIST.. EXCEPT WOODIE.. WAS DOING.. BY THE END OF THE SHOW WHEN HE CAME OUT AND DID HIS THING HE WAS SURROUNDED BY HIS SECURITY AND HOMIES.. I COULDNT GET A HAND SHAKE OR A FUCKIN HEAD NOD AKNOWLEDGMENT FROM DUDE AND I TOOK IT REAL PERSONAL BECAUSE I GUESS I FELT HE OWED HIS FANS THAT.. WELL ANYWAY THE NIGHT ENDED I CAME HOME THE NEXT DAY TO START MY "FUCK WOODIE CAMPAIGN".. I HIT HIS INBOX AND PULLED MY SUPER SOLDIER, SUPER SERIO CARD ON HIM AND LEFT HIM MY NUMBER TO SEE IF HE HAD THE BALLS TO HIT ME BACK.. WELL, HE DID.. HE CALLED ME AND ASKED IF HE COULD JUST HAVE A MOMENT OF MY TIME.. 3HOURS LATER AT THE END OF OUR CONVERSATION I FELT LIKE A JACK ASS AND REALIZED HOW MUCH OF A GOOD MAN THAT VATO ACTUALLY WAS.. HE EXPLAINED HIS CONCERNS WITH HIS SAFETY IN PUBLIC SOMETIMES BECAUSE HES A PUBLIC FIGURE TO OUR KIND AND HOW WE GET TESTED FOR BEING THAT AND IT TOOK YEARS FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY AFTER RELEASING MY STUFF THROUGH THE YEARS OF COURSE HIS WAS ON A MUCH HIGHER SCALE NONE THE LESS I GOT THE JUST OF IT.. I INVITED HIM TO MY RANCHO AT THE TIME I HAD IN SALINAS AND HE CAME.. WE TALKED ALOT ABOUT MUSIC AND OUR FAMILY'S.. HE LEFT ME WITH CD'S, POSTERS, FLYERS ETC ALL OF WICH I ASKED HIM TO SIGN.. I WAS PROUD WHEN HE TOLD ME HE KNEW I WAS A GOOD MAN FOR DOING WHAT I DID.. YOU SEE HE DIDNT HAVE TO GET BACK AT ME.. HE COULD HAVE CONTINUED THROUGH LIFE LIKE IT NEVER HAPPENED BUT HE GAVE A SHIT ABOUT HIS FANS.. HE CARED ABOUT HIS IMAGE TO US.. HOW MANY OTHER "BIG NORTHERN NAMES" DO YOU SEE EVER TAKING THOSE STEPS? THAT DAY SPENDING A FEW HOURS WITH HIM AT THE RANCHO EATING COSTCO CHICKEN BAKES AND SIPPIN CORONAS I PUT HIM UP ON CORRIDOS AND I CAN BET HE STILL HAD NO CLUE AFTER OUR VISIT ABOUT THE MUSIC LOL BUT HE SAID HE LIKED EM.. HE ALSO GOT CLOSE ENOUGH TO MY PEACOCK TO PISS IT OFF AND IT RAN HIM OFF A BIT.. END OF THE DAY WE BECAME FRIENDS AND FOUND A RESPECT FOR EACH OTHER.. HE REALLY WAS A GOOD MAN.. REST EASY..

Jan 3, 2014
I remember that show in Gilroy. I remember homies from SJ trying to start shit with other homies. Me and my boy Chino almost got our asses kicked cuz he was wearing a sharks jersey and everyone tought we was with em. I member Rhino wearing a red paño on his head. Everyone was showing love. Still got pics and good memories from that night.

Jun 5, 2004
Woodie was a great dude. One of my favorites ( and least favorites ) was when I finally convinced our radio station to let us interview Woodie and East CoCo. I reminded Wood over and over that this wasn't internet or college radio, it had to be PG rated...so of course he does his radio edits, everything is cool there...but every other word out of his mouth was fuck, shit, etc haha. We'd take a commercial break, I'd remind him, he'd laugh and say 'my bad'...then "we're back with Woodie and East CoCo"..."fuck...shit...fuck". The station sold out a few weeks later anyway so fuck em. We had a good time.
Hahahahaha yea i remember i heard all of it lol... He was like "uhh, fuckin, yea its northern expozure 5 its the fuckin shit! We got fuckin... Shadow, lil los, a-wax fuckin uhh, Xo creep, uhh, shadow n shit, fuck shit shit fuck!" That radio show was dope tho

If i remember right, mac dre was also getting interviewed or some of his music was playing on there one time and there was a bunch of cussing on it, and a few other times too. Thats crazy cuz I remember thinking damn they probably had to cancel the show cuz they got fined for too much cursing on the radio

Jun 24, 2005
www.MYSPACE.COM
I remember the first time Woodie PM'd me and I gave him my phone number to call me, and maybe 20 minutes later someone calls me saying they are Woodie, and I swear it was Lil' Dee lol the next time it was him tho and I chopped it up with him a few times, always had some knowledge to kick and always offering to send free merchandise. Gave me a lot of advice he didn't have to, I'm just glad I got to converse with one of my favorite artists. RIP Woodie