Stories of Woodie?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
With all due respect,

I remember reading an article of Woodie and he stated that he used to breakdance..He was a year older than me but still of the generation that experienced the 80s and 90s as kids/teens...

Is there anyone (who knew him) during those times that can share personal stories of him? I mean prior to him "gangbanging" and creating the everlasting music he shared to the world.. jus curious..

Thank You

vro

Nov 14, 2010
i also want to learn more about him. its hard to find any information like this. ive also heard that his death was never documented and his studio was missing from his house after he "shot himself"

Aug 13, 2009
I actually went to highschool with one of his cousins.

I was playing Norte Sidin during comp tech
and she was like "You know thats my cousin ryan"

I asked her about what happened to him and she just
told me she didnt know what happened exactly.
It was a bit of a mystery to her too.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Woodie was a great dude. One of my favorites ( and least favorites ) was when I finally convinced our radio station to let us interview Woodie and East CoCo. I reminded Wood over and over that this wasn't internet or college radio, it had to be PG rated...so of course he does his radio edits, everything is cool there...but every other word out of his mouth was fuck, shit, etc haha. We'd take a commercial break, I'd remind him, he'd laugh and say 'my bad'...then "we're back with Woodie and East CoCo"..."fuck...shit...fuck". The station sold out a few weeks later anyway so fuck em. We had a good time.

May 16, 2002
I was in negotiations to sign with Koch Records in 2000 - 2002 and I was having a hard time trusting some of the things told to me. I private messaged Woodie on here and he called my house.

My lady at the time was all, "Woodie? Some guy named Woodie want's to talk to you."

I quickly grabbed the phone and gave her a look like, shut the fuck up!

I spoke to Woodie for a minute about the whole Koch deal and he told me some real shit about it that I wasn't feeling. Basically talked me out of letting them do me dirty. Bottom line was, he was having a hard time getting them to return his calls, but they were calling me and I was on the phone with them like everyday. He said, "Once you sign, you will never hear from these fuckers again."

Woodie was a very humble dude in my opinion and spoke to me very well. Hella down to earth dude very respectful the one and only time I spoke to him.

Ryan Wood aka Woodie R.I.P.

Dec 11, 2006
a friend of mine actually grew up in antioch with woodie and is child hood friends with XO CREEP. when i started my truck and was playin the demons n my sleep cd he was blown away and told me some stories about woodie. i was goin nuts hearin about high school days and car show fist fight n shit
RIP WOODIE!!!!!!

May 2, 2002
i guess i'll add to this.. me, wood and a couple of his boyz was choppin it up in his studio and he was tellin me bout this time they was at some lil festival thing in a town over the bridge from the yoc.. he said there was some scrap lookin fool walkin around and wood walked up and started growlin at em.. dude was sayin he didnt bang and blah blah.. so wood kept followin him around jammin him up tellin him "i know you sureno just admit it dont be a bitch"! he said he kept in his face tellin him shit like this for a coo minute.. wood was like "man dont bitch up in front of your girl bang your shit admit you a trece" haha dude was like alright alright im a sureno.. wood took flight n laid em out.. wood and his boyz had to do some indiana jones type shit to get out the festival but they made it out without gettin caught up by police..

Mar 17, 2010
THAT WAS A GOOD STORY RIGHT THERE OSO..I WISH I COULDVE HAD THE CHANCE TO ACTUALLY MEET UP WITH EM N KICK IT BUT IM GLAD I GOT TO CHOP IT UP WIT EM ON SICCNESS BEFORE HE WAS GONE.. R.I.P WOODIE WOOD!

Apr 20, 2008
being a light skinned northerner is tough work.
thats how i know even without meeting woodie that he was a rider.

they gotta put in 10 times the work to earn half the stripes and respect.
homie must have been solid as it comes

vro

Nov 14, 2010
i remember reading on this board that he had songs after he died and they were going to release them.. ill have to find the old thread. what ever happened to those?