Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven; it's a fairy story'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Like God, right?

LMAO!!!!!!

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
if someone wants to believe and have faith in anything so it can add meaning to life then who cares as long as its not hurting anyone else.

praise be the almight HAD
thats the only problem i have. the fucks who think their fairytale should dictate everyone elses life. christianity and islam are the 2 biggest plagues the world has known. no single other entity has costed more lives to be wasted and destroyed.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
This might be a dumb question but what wars were directly caused because of religion? Like in the past 100 years.
The phony "war on terror" is the biggest one that comes to mind.

And that hitler guy, i don't think he thought much of jews either.

Suicide bombings and lunatic nutjobs blowing people up is usually tied to their religion in some way or another.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
that sounds about as dogmatic as someone saying when you die you go to a utopian paradise

religion is a cool little element in human culture that gives us neat little traditions and shit to argue about when we feel like reaffirming our self worth through self expression of the famous: "i think"

to argue over religion or god being real or not is irrelevant. what cant be denied is that religious fashion is fuckin sicc. buddhist robes, muslim head rags, rasta dreads, and beards....all religions promote badass beards (oriental asians cant grow hyphy beards so they roll with fu manchus which are dope too). i respect that.

and the bible has hella badass names like damascus and abiathar for baby name ideas
props to the tenth power

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
what does religion and cities and civilization got to do with each other?

cities dont have a "bible/koran/torah" that tells them to kill/convert the non believers

and civilization was around before religion

soo....?
Well... Actually, Rome was built by the Catholics, the Vatican is its own city, Mexico is devoutly Catholic, India is devoutly Hindu, China is primarily Buddhist, so on and so forth.

Now without blatantly pulling out a map and throwing darts at it, I can safely agree with the opinion dhadnot brings to the table.

Regardless if "religion" came "after" the colonization of some of the world's largest and most prominent cities, it begs the question would they exist without input from the churches pocketbook.

Sure, it's easy to say they would exist without the input of the church, however it's just as easy to say they wouldn't. I believe the latter, though a combo of both are actually likely to have happened if the churches money wasn't put to use in designing and sustaining the cities.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Post Greek mythology and pre-free-thinking-modern-societies. The Roman-Catholic church is responsible for the majority of cathedrals and other buildings in the city.

It is culturally recognized as being a Catholic city.

I'm sorry I didn't drop Odin's name in here for posterity.

Oh wait... Odin. Yeah, there we go. Odin, right? Or is he one of those Norse gods?