Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven; it's a fairy story'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
exactly...civilization was around before (institutional) religion, but not traditional religion/spirituality. The institution can only come if you live in a society with institutions and only cities and so-called civilized societies have institutions in this order to service large groups of different kind of people. Look at any "non-civillized" people, people who still really live like their ancestors before civilization came and see if they're running around talking about praise Jesus, and the mosque/church/synagogue is the main pillr of their community, or some Minister is trying to steal their money, etc. You don't find that because institutional religion is something designed for controlling large groups of people and the only place you'll find that is in cities/civillized world. Why you think in every conquest of the civillized western world, or even from the arabs missionaries, monks and the bible and Koran came with them?
ok that makes more sense...im high so ima be honest, i have nothing to come back with

all i have is what ive seen and adding up in my own head to make up my mind...which is religion is bad, spirituality is what we should strive for, and not the pleasure of the church...enough people have died in the name of "god" and not one person has a picture with the guy...sorry but i see fail in that whole idea of dying for a being that no one can prove does or does not exist...

but i dont mind whatever people wanna believe, just aslong as its not gettin my head cut off or my kool-aid spiked, im good with it

Aug 6, 2008
really any modern religions concepts of hell/heaven/god/etc... is all skewed versions of ancient shit that was all twisted up, thats why it doesnt make sense and people are questioning it, i would too if i were him, poor crippled sonovabitch, wouldnt u say fuck god if you were him too

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
Fact is, most that believe in Heaven and Hell, also believe in Religion. Religion is no good for society. Just look at all the fucking wars. Much more harm done in the name of religion than good.

Want to believe in God and Heaven, GREAT! But don't believe in the institution of religion. It's greedy and divides us more so than anything.

But yes, big tiddies and pussu are my heaven as well! May HAD guide us.
I dont think religion is the problem, its more like the followers.

Everybody wants to be right and think their religion is the divine one and think ppl outside of their religion are less or beneth them...IMO thats the problem.

And peronally im not into religion at all but I do think its has a very important function in our society...think how much more fucked up our societies would be if religion wasnt there to help ppl cope with life...you or I may not need it but think about how many ppl do....yea it has started a lot of conflict around the world but most religions dont teach to hate or kill thats more of a human nature issue than a religious one

May 16, 2002
"There is no heaven; it's a fairy story."

Say's this Christopher Reeve knock off...

Stephen Hawking doesn't believe in God because he's bitter. God didn't answer his prayers to perform a miracle, so he's back lashing. I've seen it before, when you resent against God the outcome is never good in the end. It's just my belief.

He doesn't get it, but perhaps this is God's way of showing him hell on earth. Which is preparing him for eternity as he rolls himself there after he dies.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
the only people who really take his words as gospel are probably science folx who are probably athiest anyway. i dont think he's bitter i think he's like hmmmmm after all my research i cant say i beleive there is a god. his scientific mind wont allow him to believe something as fact with zero evidence...... let the boy cook.. cook sum science and shit.

Dec 17, 2004
When you die, you die. That's it! Basically you just black out and your not even aware of your death.
that sounds about as dogmatic as someone saying when you die you go to a utopian paradise

religion is a cool little element in human culture that gives us neat little traditions and shit to argue about when we feel like reaffirming our self worth through self expression of the famous: "i think"

to argue over religion or god being real or not is irrelevant. what cant be denied is that religious fashion is fuckin sicc. buddhist robes, muslim head rags, rasta dreads, and beards....all religions promote badass beards (oriental asians cant grow hyphy beards so they roll with fu manchus which are dope too). i respect that.

and the bible has hella badass names like damascus and abiathar for baby name ideas

Apr 18, 2005
I wouldnt necessarily say he's saying this completely because he's bitter of his situation.... I'm sure he's had a long time to contemplate his death & all the meanings, interpretations he's imagined of what death brings. & for sure he wouldnt put what he feels out there. It is a good way however to start unraveling the obvious [that it is mythological rhetoric] to the mainstream media followers (which alot are religious followers) & by having him say this, put on blast on yahoos homepage & the big media outlets, it'll be sure to have more bait for "independent, science based thinkers" to use & throw in the face of religious followers. Anyone seeing institutional religions slowly but surely losing their mojo? Convenience or coincidence?

Apr 11, 2007
"Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time. But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money."