Stephen Hawking: 'There is no heaven; it's a fairy story'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
if someone wants to believe and have faith in anything so it can add meaning to life then who cares as long as its not hurting anyone else.

praise be the almight HAD

Apr 26, 2006
Fact is, most that believe in Heaven and Hell, also believe in Religion. Religion is no good for society. Just look at all the fucking wars. Much more harm done in the name of religion than good.

Want to believe in God and Heaven, GREAT! But don't believe in the institution of religion. It's greedy and divides us more so than anything.

But yes, big tiddies and pussu are my heaven as well! May HAD guide us.

Feb 7, 2006
oh god this shit again, mufuckas gonna find some bullshit to believe in to support the trash they wont to do regardless. you don't won't institutional religion then get rid of cities, and so-called civillization as we know it.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
oh god this shit again, mufuckas gonna find some bullshit to believe in to support the trash they wont to do regardless. you don't won't institutional religion then get rid of cities, and so-called civillization as we know it.
what does religion and cities and civilization got to do with each other?

cities dont have a "bible/koran/torah" that tells them to kill/convert the non believers

and civilization was around before religion

soo....?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Who the fuck is this crippled moron to speak on anything of the sorts? Just look around you, you see god every day in everything you do.

Lord, please bless this man's soul and show him the error in his ways so that he might spend eternity serving you in heaven instead of burning in hell with the rest of the athiest satan worshippers.

recklessofgilaz

Im Gay until I log back in
Oct 30, 2008
Gilaz with Track Killa and Vince
Who the fuck is this crippled moron to speak on anything of the sorts? Just look around you, you see god every day in everything you do.

Lord, please bless this man's soul and show him the error in his ways so that he might spend eternity serving you in heaven instead of burning in hell with the rest of the athiest satan worshippers.
hes a very famous and very reviered scientist whos paralized from the neck down and is the one who discovered and created the theory for Black Holes in space. just a lil info on dude

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
hes a very famous and very reviered scientist whos paralized from the neck down and is the one who discovered and created the theory for Black Holes in space. just a lil info on dude
I quit reading after scientist. No wonder he thinks this, satan has entered his soul and mind with all the misinformation that science tries, and usually fails, to prove. Scientist don't like the fact that they can't prove that god doesn't exist. That's all they care about is trying to explain everything that god does on his beautiful planet called Earth. It makes me sick to my stomach that so many people are fooled by satan in the name of science. Soon, they will see the errors in their ways. I just hope by then it's not too late.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
hes a very famous and very reviered scientist
LOL. I read that like the Buick model and hella laughed.

As far as the topic is concerned, of course the chances that there is any sort of afterlife are vanishingly small, and no one who has a reality based worldview believes in any of that bullshit. But the arguments people put forward to convince the faithful will always fall short, because religious, or spiritual people don't base their beliefs on empiricism, they base them on faith. You can't argue about the rules of nature with someone that believed in the supernatural.

Feb 7, 2006
what does religion and cities and civilization got to do with each other?

cities dont have a "bible/koran/torah" that tells them to kill/convert the non believers

and civilization was around before religion

soo....?
exactly...civilization was around before (institutional) religion, but not traditional religion/spirituality. The institution can only come if you live in a society with institutions and only cities and so-called civilized societies have institutions in this order to service large groups of different kind of people. Look at any "non-civillized" people, people who still really live like their ancestors before civilization came and see if they're running around talking about praise Jesus, and the mosque/church/synagogue is the main pillr of their community, or some Minister is trying to steal their money, etc. You don't find that because institutional religion is something designed for controlling large groups of people and the only place you'll find that is in cities/civillized world. Why you think in every conquest of the civillized western world, or even from the arabs missionaries, monks and the bible and Koran came with them?

ELPOLLITO

COUNTINCHINGADERA
Mar 15, 2010
ELCOLLINS
You look at the far right and the bullshit on the media and its easy to dismiss religion purely on disgust of jacks asses but i donno I see it as a good and bad thing. Religion seems to be like a self help group, people seem to find god when shit hits the fan, an i aint mad at them it isn't easy getting off the dope, dealing with death or sickness on your own.... To me it gives a people some sort of standard and guidance but it also breeds intolerance and ignorance...whatevez tho you believe what you wanna believe and thats that. Imma throw my money on the scientist not the preacher but who knows what thoughts are gonna creeps into your head when you about 65 on your death bed.