SouthWestBound-- (The NW Issue) Who Wants In?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 11, 2002
If anyone feels they have a NW related piece (article, review, photos) that they'd like considered... forward it to me and I'll check it out.. I'm trying to make this NW Edition of SouthWestBound an example of all the NW has to offer..

Ohh.. AND.. if anyone is in contact with Roc'phella or Jake One I'm lookin' to get in contact with them..

Thanks.. :)

Dec 11, 2002
savage said:
can i reserve a copy? :classic:

You want a copy of the NW Edition when it comes out, its nothin'.. just get at me and I'll get it to you for shipping if you cant get it in your area..

B-12

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.a-wax.com
I'm gonna chime in although I "officially" have nothing to do with the mag anymore, I am still a founder and Daric, JSK and Kalyn are busting their ass to make something happen for the NorthWest but like most other markets it always seems people have a problem putting money into their careers when it doesnt involve an album cover, van wrap or something for their "vanity" or "egos".

I am not directing this at anyone in particular in this thread because I dont know most of you but I will say this...the editorial content for this magazine IS NOT FOR SALE...those with merit, resume and/or a good story of their accession to the upper echelons will get them in.

That being said, you definitely can't expect to not support something and then just automatically and arbitrarily be put int he issue because you are from the NW and you rap.

Magazines cost money to print, and it shouldnt be hard to understand that Daric makes ZERO profit and he does it just to print the magazine and continue to expose up and coming and established artists that otherwise overlooked but the genral media.

This is who I'd like to see in this special "Northwestbound" issue: (if I ddint put you its because I been out of touch with the scene so forgive me):

Cool Nutz (NW legend)
Bosko (nothing needs to said...GIANT)
151 (a boss)
Syko (a boss)
Mr. D.O.G. (a boss)
Dsane (real dope producer and put out alot of quality projects)
Skunt
Maniak Lok (street legend)
Mac Money
No Good Therapy (hustlers)
Jake One (hes the truth)
Funk Daddy (another legend)
EDawg (another legend..."Rollin On My Droptop" way back was my shit)
3rd Eye Dezine (on some entrepenuer shit)
ATrain
JSK (makin moves)
Neema
Tory Ward
Livio
Twin G
DNS (are they still around?)
Gangsta Nutt
Certified

The other thing is remember, how does a region get support if it doesnt give it? We have the same issues in the Bay with people not willing to shell out $50 for a rap summit where they get a wealth of good information and networking with cats they normally wouldn;t get to be around.

I would LOVE to bring a Rap Summit to Seattle or Portland or both but the last time we tried everyone complained aobut the price but I want to know does everyone think that its free to fly in SWAY from MTV, DJ Muggs, Chingo Bling, 40, and whoever else that attend these functions to lend their hand to the indies?

I hate to be cliche but it TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY and you will see those who are serious about their careers participating in EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that can help advance it.

Peace and good luck to everyone...excuse my early morning rant...

PS
$250 ad is less than most flyers cost and people continually circulate a magazine and hold on to so its value is exponentially higher than just printing a flyer. Also, it builds a press kit and leads to other press for an artist and if you divide the cost of the ad by $10 (trunk price of a CD) then you only need to sell 25 CD's to justify it...if someone doesn't have that much confidence in their product to move 25 addtl. units from being a "specialized" regional issue of a publication then they shouldn't really be in rap music................................

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Kalyn, I saw your message on BD's page.....I'll let him know what's up and get back to you....

Dec 11, 2002
Sixxness said:
Kalyn, I saw your message on BD's page.....I'll let him know what's up and get back to you....

Thanks Ryan..

@ Sonny Bonoho

I got your message-- I'ma call you back tomorrow night when I dont have to work so late..

Dec 11, 2002
YOUNG KRIME said:
IF THE N/W ISSUE DON'T HAVE US IN IT THEN IT WILL BE MISSING A MAJOR PIECE OF THE NOETHWEST RAP GAME..........

If the NW issue doesnt have you in it.. its because you didnt take it upon yourself to make it happen...

Questions... Comments.. Concerns....? [email protected]

Dec 11, 2002
Ok-- so connecting with my people last night.. ad space is limited... let me know, get at your people....

This issue is gonna be thuper.... ;)

Dec 11, 2002
I'm pleased with how this issue is coming together.. so much of the NW is a part of this issue.... there have been a couple people I've reached out to and have yet to hear back from.. hopefully at the end of the day they decide to partake- if not.. ah well.. whats a girl to do..

Much love to Funkdaddy, Cool Nutz, D-Sane, Gene Dexter, 151, Thomas (3rd Eye), E-Dawg, Neema, Undercaste, Speedy and alllll the other folks that have contributed thus far...

Dec 22, 2005
www.UrbanTunes.net
This issue is gonna be Sick!!!! Nothing but good things to come for the NorthWest!!! Thanks Kalyn for all your doing for the Northwest!!! We need more people like you and JSK, so we can get the Northwest to where it needs to be in Hip-Hop.........
Thanks to everyone that is participating in this first issue and in this Northwest movement...........