So what happens if this "Hyphy" stuff doesn't take off??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 25, 2005
if yall only knew...leave outta california and yall would be suprised. they all over it out here in missouri. i think we should perfect it before it gets stolen...cant wait to come back to the bay!

Jul 30, 2005
hyphie.blogspot.com
another reason for so much hate on hyphy, and for the POPULARITY of hyphy is that that shit aint gangsta. you think you can make gangsta rap popular? wtf? you might as well try and make ska popular again, the sound is old, its irrelevant to the majority of people in the nation, they want NEW sounds, they want CLUB music. mobb shit is coo, i knock that shit, but im sayin you cant get pure mobb music popular because the majority of people just cant relate to it.

May 5, 2005
AMP said:
doc truth you always say some wack ass shit like that, backpack rap is trash. you cant party to that shit.. get the fuck outta here. hyphy shit isnt one dimensional. hyphy shit can be over a fuckin r & b beat. (go dumb, dog im hyphy!!) it's the lifestyle.

Young ass square, there's more to life than "Thizzin" at a party. I'm a grown man you can sit around and wear your short bus shirt to impress a 14 year old hood rat. But i'm a man who looks for more meaning in music than scrapers and thizz. BackPack rap huh? Those niggas are from the hood and i'd much rather support good music than trash music you infant.

May 5, 2005
jayoyayo said:
some people just dont have a business mind. they see that albums arent selling right now in the bay. and yea, thats not good, thats bad, but if you look at the continuing momentum the hyphy movement shows than you can see that those bad numbers dont have any affect whatsoever on hyphy music gaining in popularity around the country. ride the momentum, mafuckaz. keep the hits comin, its a struggle, and its harder because fools in the bay aint payin for albums, but its not impossible and its likely the bay will blow up.

some of you people are retards, no offense, but that one dude who says 'its popular in socal so what thats still in california' is a fucking MORON lmao. dude, where do you think popular nationwide teenage culture originates from? nyc to an extent but the majority of it comes from socal. when artists get big in socal they eventually get big around the nation. how you think this indie rock/emo shit got popular? that shits been around for decades, but socal started getting into to it a couple years ago and now its major.
Moron Huh? Considering california aint been popular since pac died i'm gonna call you the dumb fuck. Nobody gives a shit what california is doing with hiphop. IF you think the hyphy shit is gonna blow up you're dumber than I thought.

Jul 30, 2005
hyphie.blogspot.com
^^ you just dont understand popular culture and public opinion's affects upon it. your logic is just bad, sorry. its about POPULAR CULTURE, its bigger than just your comparison to how people supposedly feel about california hip-hop. i'm going to go out on a limb and assume you havent been out of california for an extended period of time in years.

Sep 28, 2005
need more record sales huh? well, hey siccness, ban all posts where it says "new keak feat bailey, the team & ya boy!! DOWNLOAD HERE" "someone please give me this new song" "someone post up that new quinn for me to DOWNLOAD." come on if yall jus give out info instead of giving links for people to download, then maybe, just maybe, they'll buy it. niggaz would be down to pay 10 dollas or 20 dollas for a sack or a pill but wont spend 12 dollas on a CD that has 12 tracks on it for u to slap. A CD will last longer than ur high.

Jul 30, 2005
hyphie.blogspot.com
or maybe the artists/labels need to figure out how to profit off downloads. look at JT's site, you can dl hella albums direct from him. you dont gotta press up too many CDs, get your shit into stores, etc. make an album and offer it up for paid download. why dont more bay artists do that?

Oct 28, 2003
The Bay needs to just make GOOD MUSIC. These hyphy cats (sorry to say it) can't rap worth shit. Keak can rap (when you understand him), but Keak is the essence of Hyphy...He is just being himself. Mac Dre (not his lil Furly clones) is Thizz...so it's not the ones who pioneered the styles...it's the dick riders who want to copy them that fucks it all up. Mac Dre (r.i.p) has been dead only a year and the voulchers are picking at his style. All these new thizzamaniacs are killin it...I hope that they know only one peson can be one person...no matter how hard you try your a copy (even if they have passed away).

Oct 28, 2003
What do I mean by good music...

Zion I
Quinn
The Frontline
Keak
Goaplle
Kesha Cole
Ric Rock production (not federation)
E-A-Ski production
Bailey
Martin Luther

I am missing a bunch, but the point is if you take the Hyphy trend and mesh that with solid music...then the Bay has a chance to make it back on the national map.

May 5, 2005
I'm not even from california I go back home once a month back home is New Jersey. Sometimes my family comes out here nobody likes that hyphy stuff at all. My people out here in the bay who are born and raised out here do not like the hyphy stuff at all. If Rass Kass cant blow up what makes you think hyphy will? Rass Kass is the illest nigga out west.

Oct 28, 2003
Rass Kass's problem is that HE thinks he is the illist nigga in the West and if the rest of the West don't agree...then he isn't. Plus to play devil's advocate, Rass Kass ain't a movement...he is just one man. He had PLENTY of chances and the shit just didn't work out. He had Dr.Dre and every other big name in the West fuckin with him and it didn't happen. The hyphy thing has a chance because their is somewhat of a culture involved in it. Hyphy is damn near a way of life...Rass Kass isn't.

Nov 8, 2004
www.turfquake.com
RealRich said:
Rass Kass's problem is that HE thinks he is the illist nigga in the West and if the rest of the West don't agree...then he isn't. Plus to play devil's advocate, Rass Kass ain't a movement...he is just one man. He had PLENTY of chances and the shit just didn't work out. He had Dr.Dre and every other big name in the West fuckin with him and it didn't happen. The hyphy thing has a chance because their is somewhat of a culture involved in it. Hyphy is damn near a way of life...Rass Kass isn't.
i dont care what a siccness board says
i will not call hyphy a way of life OR a culture.. it dont provide you tools to better yourself or have a set frame of values that those in it will share

its a type of music..
and when these squares come to my town doin too much off what they heard from they favorite bay cds.. they end up statistics.. and thats truth

May 5, 2005
RealRich said:
I gaurantee Rass Kass has more fans than all bay rappers combined. He been locked up a few times that put his career on hold. More people want a Rass Kass Album than anybody from the bay. With the right producer he can easily go platinum. Let dre do his whole album and watch what happens.

May 5, 2005
jayoyayo said:
honestly dude, nobody give a fuck about rass kass except old ass hiphop snerds. ras kass is irrelevant to the game now.

Nerds? Right. Keep listening to your fake thug hyphy music and thinking its gonna blow up. Its been 3 years and dont nobody give a fuck.

Oct 19, 2004
Doc Truth said:
I gaurantee Rass Kass has more fans than all bay rappers combined. He been locked up a few times that put his career on hold. More people want a Rass Kass Album than anybody from the bay. With the right producer he can easily go platinum. Let dre do his whole album and watch what happens.[/QUOTE]

Let Dre do anybody's album and see what happens. Rass Kass is hard no doubt but to say he has more fans than any Bay artsit when he's never even gone gold is some bullshit and you know it. He might have more fans in LA but thats where it stops. You go to the south and ask if they know Rass Kass and you might get a couple people that do, but go out there and ask who 40 or yuk is and everyone will know them.