So how many of you managed to cop a Touchpad?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 16, 2003
google.com
from purely a OS standpoint webos > android

all this talk about porting android to the touchpad makes sense in terms of future-proofing it but zero sense in terms of usability and overall polish. webos is the superior operating system. especially over gingerbread (even with a sense and/or launcherpro theme(s)), which they are currently trying to port (before HC).
WebOS is very nice and I lump it into the same category as IOS' works great but not open and customizable enough. I know that not everyone cares about this and there is a market for people who just want an OS to browse the web, email, game and social network. Android does that plus gives that sandbox freedom. The support and dev community grows exponentially because of this. Eventually android will be in cars and powering home automation systems. It may not be as stable as the other two previously mentioned, but that's because it's going a million different ways at such a fast pace. I love the polished interface of WebOS and the stability of Ios, but I'm betting on the future of android.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
lol@webos>android and that's why it's dead right?

while Android keeps getting better ...webos, well it's dead..

Only reason I want a TouchPad is because it's dual core, great LCD screen and on top of that they're porting Honeycomb 3.+ to it ..

Once that's done, this toy will be something sweet to own..
yeah that hardware st 100 bucks is a steal

Oct 23, 2009
from purely a OS standpoint webos > android

all this talk about porting android to the touchpad makes sense in terms of future-proofing it but zero sense in terms of usability and overall polish. webos is the superior operating system. especially over gingerbread (even with a sense and/or launcherpro theme(s)), which they are currently trying to port (before HC).
Nice try at trolling.

LOL @ paying Pacquiao a grip 1 month before HP WebOS folds.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
lol@webos>android and that's why it's dead right?

while Android keeps getting better ...webos, well it's dead..

Only reason I want a TouchPad is because it's dual core, great LCD screen and on top of that they're porting Honeycomb 3.+ to it ..

Once that's done, this toy will be something sweet to own..
http://techcrunch.com/2011/08/23/im-very-serious/

the reason webos is dead is because of how hp does business not the os itself