So how many of you managed to cop a Touchpad?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
my iPad pretty much replaced most of the functionality of my laptop... since 2002, i've bought nothing but mac laptops, but i ended up replacing my last laptop with a brand new iMac because of the iPad.... i'm bool off of laptops for awhile

::

I have had the opposite experience. I've always bought mac laptops too, and I was given an Ipad a year and a half ago or so and I barely use it. I use my macbook to run my TV and stereo at home, I take it to work and use it with projectors on a daily basis and most importantly I write on it. The only thing I actually use my ipad for is if I go somwhere and just want to be able to surf the internet or watch movies--which i always end up getting as torrents on my laptop first. My money will be going into laptops not tablets.

Apr 26, 2006
I'm a desktop user, but if I had to choose between a tablet and laptop, I'd definitely go with a laptop. Sure they are larger, but you can still do much more with them. A tablet doesn't have a fully functional OS like Windows or OSX, no CD rom drive, less ports or no ports at all, hardware is not upgradable and overall is just less powerful CPU wise. I personally want to be able to run full out applications, with a tablet you just can't, the majority of the apps are small and web based. They each have their pros and cons I suppose. For someone that is not as hardcore computer wise, a tablet might suffice for basic internet needs. If I had to take a shit, I'd grab a tablet for sure. haha

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
from what i read they are aiming to get gingerbread on it first, which to me is pointless on a 10 inch screen. id rather stick with webOS. it seems that people are pretty happy with webOS once they make a couple of tweaks. i wont put android on it until they release a stable honeycomb.

Apr 25, 2002
from purely a OS standpoint webos > android

all this talk about porting android to the touchpad makes sense in terms of future-proofing it but zero sense in terms of usability and overall polish. webos is the superior operating system. especially over gingerbread (even with a sense and/or launcherpro theme(s)), which they are currently trying to port (before HC).

Dec 4, 2006
lol@webos>android and that's why it's dead right?

while Android keeps getting better ...webos, well it's dead..

Only reason I want a TouchPad is because it's dual core, great LCD screen and on top of that they're porting Honeycomb 3.+ to it ..

Once that's done, this toy will be something sweet to own..