Sleep Paralisys

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 12, 2002
You guys need to be strapped down to some kind of gurney with a straight jacket while you sleep.
Funny you should say that because that's what it actually feels like. Your body is asleep and you have no control over it, yet your mind is awake and after a little while you realize what's going on and try to wake yourself up but you can't do shit about it. I'm pretty sure my eyes open during it sometimes too because I'll see my room during the episode exactly how it is when I wake up, down to the lighting and everything. Sometimes there will also be a person or something really fucking weird/scary that isn't actually there.

It scared the shit out of me the first couple times it happened until I did some googling and figured out that it was called sleep paralysis and read up on it.

Dec 19, 2005
ive had it where i would have my episode.. think i have woken up.. have some more shit happen.. and then finally wake up.

so it would be like two stages before finally coming fully awake.

when being in that state i know its going on so i try and breathe as loud as i can, but not like grasping for air because i know whats going on. just try and make it loud so my girlfriend will hear me and know whats going on. and attempt to wake me up. but it never happens lol.

sometimes i will picture my room and my girlfriend will either be talking to me (but i can never make out any words.. you just know there is someone talking.) or she will be on the computer doing something. and then when i finally wake up she is actually just asleep.

or sometimes you feel the presence of someone or something and thats what makes you panic. those are the ones when i wake up spooked and afraid to go back to sleep because i dont want to experience it again. because at times it has happened back to back within minutes of waking up from my first episode.

Jul 12, 2002
ive had it where i would have my episode.. think i have woken up.. have some more shit happen.. and then finally wake up.

so it would be like two stages before finally coming fully awake.

when being in that state i know its going on so i try and breathe as loud as i can, but not like grasping for air because i know whats going on. just try and make it loud so my girlfriend will hear me and know whats going on. and attempt to wake me up. but it never happens lol.

sometimes i will picture my room and my girlfriend will either be talking to me (but i can never make out any words.. you just know there is someone talking.) or she will be on the computer doing something. and then when i finally wake up she is actually just asleep.

or sometimes you feel the presence of someone or something and thats what makes you panic. those are the ones when i wake up spooked and afraid to go back to sleep because i dont want to experience it again. because at times it has happened back to back within minutes of waking up from my first episode.
I've had the back to back ones before too. I read that to avoid having it happen back to back you should wake yourself all the way up before going back to sleep after an episode. Like get up and get a glass of water or something to make your body completely snap out of it.