Shout outs on Jacka Street Album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 7, 2008
I like the Jackas new 1, but I gotta say the DJ shout out stuff ruins songs. Thats why im not so big into demolition men tapes either. I hope that that big von guy has a lot of people tell him that it doesnt add anything 2 the mixtape when he yells something and brings the beat back. the best mixtapes in my opinion are mixed without shout outs and very little if any "bring the beat back" stuff where they repeat part of the song. there were some real good intros to mixtapes and albums by some TX djs in the early 2000s where they would do a bunch of samples from the artists on the tape they mixed and blend the stuff together with turntables or even computers (i guess records are preferable but if it sounds good mixed with a computer, thats ok). A lot of wreckin yard by og ron c had good mixes, dj koop when he did 3rd degree tapes had super good intros...hood hefner had a good mix on the new ESG family business 2 cd. Its like when you hear a dj do some really good mixing you remember that dj. Its not even like they have to do the beat, just the way they imprint it by mixing someone else's beat can add a lot to the tape plus give the dj positive exposure. i just wish djs wouldnt think shouting their name or some canned sound effects was what people want to hear. it ruins the cd. I look forward to jackas tear gas, maybe it has some of the songs i liked from the street album without some geek shouting over the beat.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
fuck that, im glad someone said that and im passing on the cd because of that. that 2004 shit dont fly, especially when its just throw away songs from his real cd.
throw away songs from Jacka's real cd >>>> songs from more than half these artists out here real cd's

Sep 5, 2008
throw away songs from Jacka's real cd >>>> songs from more than half these artists out here real cd's
I dont give a fuck about half these artists, cause I dont listen to half those artists. Im trying to support and I hear some big von shouting all over the shit, mixtapes is 3-5$s, if it was that price id cop. I aint coping no wack ass dj shouting all over it cd, especially with some faggot like von that is responsible for hurting bay artists more than helping them.

Sep 5, 2008
ah then, imma have to check the samples if it ever hits itunes and hopefully it changes my mind. Jacka's dope and I wanna support.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
he says his name on it every now and then... but barely at all... nothin like the demolition men mixtapes

at least it doesn't seem that way... I haven't slapped it all the way through yet... but from what I heard he doesnt holler his name that much

and I feel you cause I don't like that shit either... but it's not too much on here at all

if you're a Jacka fan you should like this album... real talk, I'd check it out

Dec 13, 2006
yall niggas full of shit big von is barely even on there lol thats the jacka doin all that shouting and so wat the shit still slap yall complaining but did yall even buy it or did u download it

Sep 5, 2008
Aint no "yall niggas", one person said it.

And what you're saying is if a cd sucks that you downloaded, it still has a chance of being good if you buy it? I love how anytime someone has a negative comment about a cd its "I bet you downloaded it."

are you fucking retarded?

downloaded or bought the shits still gonna sucks the same., and no im not talking about jackas cd because I know the songs are heat.

Dude gave constructive criticism unlike most of the posts in BART, and people still got issues. lol

Dec 13, 2006
Aint no "yall niggas", one person said it.

And what you're saying is if a cd sucks that you downloaded, it still has a chance of being good if you buy it? I love how anytime someone has a negative comment about a cd its "I bet you downloaded it."

are you fucking retarded?

downloaded or bought the shits still gonna sucks the same., and no im not talking about jackas cd because I know the songs are heat.

Dude gave constructive criticism unlike most of the posts in BART, and people still got issues. lol
no nigga what im sayin is why complain about some shit u got for free and jus cuz it sucks to 1 person dont mean shit diffferent stroke for different folks but i wasnt talkin to u anyway im talkin bout dude that said big von was yelling thru the cd thats false info but bottom line is the shit slap

Aug 25, 2005
if the shouting is too much then i'm not coppin it...cuz that's bullshit. i'ma have to listen first...and this coming from someone that bought draped up chipped out 3, quinn, and quinn/keak all last week...i buy more CDs than anybody I know

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Man the more i listen to this and soak it up the more im feelin it

its better than i thought after a first quick listen... everyone gotta cop this