Sheriff Joe sweeps Phoenix

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 16, 2003
google.com
So you think the standards of most street vendors surpass that of Licensed food establishments? I'm not saying every legit food place goes forever without someone getting sick, we just had a tomato scare where people got ill and it's bound to happen sometimes. But not everyone is lucky/unlucky as you were, and unfortunately since a lot of these people's "businesses" are not documented, we can't see the statistics on people getting sick or a record of their health code violations.

May 2, 2002
So you think the standards of most street vendors surpass that of Licensed food establishments? I'm not saying every legit food place goes forever without someone getting sick, we just had a tomato scare where people got ill and it's bound to happen sometimes. But not everyone is lucky/unlucky as you were, and unfortunately since a lot of these people's "businesses" are not documented, we can't see the statistics on people getting sick or a record of their health code violations.
youre right.. but that doesnt change the fact that arpaio undoubtedly got a boner when he discovered they were illegals... if he didnt already know before hand.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
LOL

I guess I'm the only one who got the real point of the stupidity of this shit.

Of course I want my food clean and sanitary. I don't want to catch some shit off of food.

But there's plenty of restaurants he could do sweeps in, that are WHITE, BLACK, and BROWN owned. The vendors he's going after just so happen to be MEXICAN, mostly. If they're in violation, fine...but I think that all of the time and resources (man hours, etc.) that are being poured into this could be used in a more proactive way...

Like fighting crime. Not bad tomatos.

Dec 4, 2006
alot of illiegals dont even understand our health codes, let alone safe food sanitation. If they get caught slippin at a stand sellin sonoran hot dogs. thats their own bad.
are you and the everyday american citizen buying what they sell? NO

it's mostly immigrants that buy food from them....so therefor this shouldn't matter to you or anyone else!

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
youre right.. but that doesnt change the fact that arpaio undoubtedly got a boner when he discovered they were illegals... if he didnt already know before hand.
Like I said I don't know dude, he probably is a racist copper. Of course they are illegal, I've never come across anyone but a lil paisita slanging food on the street. I understand they are trying to feed their families, times are indeed tough. I go to work every day to feed my family, I just happen to be doing it legally. Since they are illegal, they did opt to come here on their own and know damn well it ain't always easy catching a legit job. I know that when I'm doing something that isn't legit, I run the risk of facing the the repercussions, they should know that too.

REdRUM said:
]I think that all of the time and resources (man hours, etc.) that are being poured into this could be used in a more proactive way...

Like fighting crime. Not bad tomatos.
I feel you on that, these career politician wannabees just need an issue that will be in the news to "show the public that they aren't just bullshitting on the job". With all said you won't catch me buying food off the street and that's just because I know better. Are these vendors clean and sanitary, probably not, do we need a sheriff to pour money in to a not so critical issue, no because their really is more important shit to worry about.

Jun 13, 2006
Like I said I don't know dude, he probably is a racist copper. Of course they are illegal, I've never come across anyone but a lil paisita slanging food on the street. I understand they are trying to feed their families, times are indeed tough. I go to work every day to feed my family, I just happen to be doing it legally. Since they are illegal, they did opt to come here on their own and know damn well it ain't always easy catching a legit job. I know that when I'm doing something that isn't legit, I run the risk of facing the the repercussions, they should know that too.

I feel you on that, these career politician wannabees just need an issue that will be in the news to "show the public that they aren't just bullshitting on the job". With all said you won't catch me buying food off the street and that's just because I know better. Are these vendors clean and sanitary, probably not, do we need a sheriff to pour money in to a not so critical issue, no because their really is more important shit to worry about.
i hear you on that but to be honest its intrapment fuckin joe knows he cant just go to illegals and say roll em up. but he can pull some bullshit like this just because they dont really have to many rights.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
i hear you on that but to be honest its intrapment fuckin joe knows he cant just go to illegals and say roll em up. but he can pull some bullshit like this just because they dont really have to many rights.
That's Amerikkka for you. You know steam is probably blowing from his ears like Yosemite Sam over money he can't collect from them too.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Damn. Wonder why he's not assigning a task force to apprehend all of the lazy fucks, of all races, who are collecting money (illegally) and benefits from welfare and such, since he likes going after 'half-criminals'...

And LOL @ making fun of ''paisas'' who are making a decent living selling fruit, vegetables, etc. from a white dude. I have family who used to do that shit in Yuba City, and made a damn good living off of it.

Sure beats the shit out of selling vacuums from door-to-door, or being a telemarketer, or even stuffing envelopes, which is what Vicki and Ted down the street do.

They're white.

I don't think we need to make this a racial issue; leave that to coughSherriffcough Joe.

Jun 2, 2007
^yup, and there are so many people i know who work at these fast food joints and tell me shit they do, fuck id rather take my chances with the homie on the bike....and cool bells

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Yep. My uncle told me that he was always happy with what he made, because at the end of the day, it was more than he started out with. When he was my (our) age, in Mexico City, selling anything he could on the streets, he was lucky to make 2 bucks a week. That's real.

Now he's a successful business man.

It doesn't happen for everyone, and doesn't make him better than anyone else, but I will say this: His house, cars, and bank account is bigger than yours, bitches.

LOL I'm kidding.

But seriously...these people are working hard, for 9,10, or more hours a day, to make an honest living. Beats the shit out of bitching about having to work until 10 at Burger King.

Apr 25, 2002
"Ive had diarrhea since Easters"....

I havent gotten sick buyin food off people sellin stuff off their lil carts with a bigass horn on the side. Its just another case of a dirty basturd with political power abusing his rights. Is this fool up for re election or somethin? I really hope he goes into a fancy white restaurant and a latino brother from the back of the kitchen hawks a fat luggie on his dinner plate....

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
I had a Jalepeno Bacon Cheeseburger at this (white) family-owned fast food joint about a month ago, and I was blowing shit out of my ass like there was no tomorrow. I shit 5 times in the first hour, and was pretty sick for about 48 hours.

I don't blame that on white people, I blame that on the fucking food. Accident, I'm sure...but it sure sucked.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
are you and the everyday american citizen buying what they sell? NO

it's mostly immigrants that buy food from them....so therefor this shouldn't matter to you or anyone else!
Out here in az I see quite a few white folks and latinos and blacks(black and brown folk are american too ya know) enjoying the vendor hot dogs/corn it matters becuz we all live in this place.

Nov 20, 2006
I was about to get a lowrider bike too...I should get a permit and buy the parts to have the front with 2 wheels and get to business.