Sheriff Joe sweeps Phoenix

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 20, 2006
http://www.azfamily.com/yahoo_rss/stories/phoenix-local-news-073108-vendor-sweep.1d18b74.html
10:19 PM Mountain Standard Time on Thursday, July 31, 2008

azfamily.com

PHOENIX -- The following is a redacted press release by the MCSO:

Sheriff Joe: "Look at the mayonnaise!"

Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies in conjunction with the Maricopa Attorney’s Office will be conducting enforcement operations later (Thursday) in the West Phoenix area of Maryvale, aimed at non-permitted vendor carts selling contaminated food products.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio says his deputies are going after these vendors because nonpermitted vendors are not in compliance with Maricopa County Health Code regulations by selling unapproved food potentially contaminated with food borne bacteria.

They are selling perishable foods not prepared or maintained in compliance with the health code, putting buyers at risk of food borne illnesses.

The Sheriff’s introduction into the fight against these illegal food vendors came previously at the request of the Maricopa County Environmental Services Department. Their field operations employees have unsuccessfully attempted to regulate these vendors, but are run off by the cart operators.

After the department appealed to the Sheriff’s Office for assistance eradicating the problem, Sheriff Arpaio began enforcement operations to gain compliance with the law.

In a September 14, 2007 operation targeting illegal food vendors, Sheriff’s deputies developed intelligence information that a number of these cart businesses were being run by illegal immigrants tied to drop houses in the Maryvale area.

In the September operation, eighteen arrests of twenty were individuals found to be in the United States illegally; of that number 15 suspects were non-permitted vendors. As well, one-dozen vending carts were impounded in the enforcement operation.

“These non-permitted food vendors are a serious health risk for anyone who buys their food products,” says Sheriff Arpaio. “I said before that I would continue to monitor the issue and I am.”

Numerous arrests and seizures are expected late this afternoon, Thursday, July 31, 2008. The Enforcement Support building at 3325 West Durango will be operation headquarters. All arrestees and vendor carts will be taken here for processing.

Maricopa County Attorney Andrew Thomas is working with the Sheriff’s Office in an operation that underscores the need for stricter food industry regulations. The County Attorney’s Office is prepared to prosecute those who put the public’s health at risk.
Fuck, now I can't get food from the elotero!

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I dont understand what he is doing wrong...shit neighborhoods would be alot quieter when they take them guys off the street,man they come by the house with the bells and shit, and it gets anoying.

Jun 2, 2007
Theyre trying To make a fuckin' livin because they cant get jobs anywhere else because of that faggot, and public health risk my ass, who the fuck is gonna give you elotes that good at some generic ass safeway place and hes been racial profiling to, because of his bitch ass i got my car towed for 30 days, fuck him and his sheriffs the APD and i hope he burns in hell

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
I DONT LIKE DUDE BUT THEY NEED TO BE SANITARY HOPEFULLY THE CLEAN UP THEIR ACT. BUT EVEN THEN THEYLL FIND A REASON TO FUCK WIT THE WETTERS... IF THEY TRYING TO WORK AN HONEST JOB LIKE A VENDOR WHATS THE BIG DEAL. THAT IS ON SUM RACIST SHIT. I HATE TO HEAR OF ILLEGALS TAHT DONT DO SHIT AND COLLECT CHECKS FROM OUR GOV. BUT THESE DUDES IS WORKING PROVIDING A SERVICE . SHIT HE ON SUM HATER SHIT...

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
What about those who have to pay for vendors licenses, and health inspections..you dont think they get fucked with as well? New York has the largest number of vendors, and they all face similar shit, example they will come around and measure where your cart is and if isnt in the specs even by an inch its a big fine( not no 50-100 fine either) I seen a documentary recently and in one segment they spoke with many vendors and most these guys had licenses..Places like Manhatten the big corporations do not like the vendors on the street, but they been there since day one.
My thing is I aint mad at someone trying to make a living...but why should rules and regulations be enforced only on those who pay license fees, food and bevearge tax every month,.... wait on a list just to get a license can be difficult in itself. So I aint got no problem with this at all..not saying the sherriff aint profiling or aint racist, but I cant even argue that whats being done aint wrong

Dec 4, 2006
I dont understand what he is doing wrong...shit neighborhoods would be alot quieter when they take them guys off the street,man they come by the house with the bells and shit, and it gets anoying.
it's called a hustle...a clean hustle..

but you okay with drug dealers selling crack and people getting killed right?

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
yeah why fuck with the man who is out there, in 110 degree heat, pushing a cart, trying to feed his family? FUCK sherriff Joe, dude is a bitch.....

His family members have been caught for meth/indenity theft out that ways, and it was swept under the rug.

Nov 20, 2006
Fuck Joe Arpio, his taskforce has detained me 8 times already and they have pulled over some of my illegal cousins just because they looked the part. He even came on the news yesterday talking about how most of the eloteros are "illegal immigrants". It's like the new subliminal way of calling someone a wetback.

Nov 20, 2006
Theyre trying To make a fuckin' livin because they cant get jobs anywhere else because of that faggot, and public health risk my ass, who the fuck is gonna give you elotes that good at some generic ass safeway place and hes been racial profiling to, because of his bitch ass i got my car towed for 30 days, fuck him and his sheriffs the APD and i hope he burns in hell
C/S. I got pulled over by the APD sometime back and they pointed ther choppers at me and made me lay face first on the street harassing me trying to say I was a trafficante and then they made me take my shirt off checking for tatoos, pulled the out the interior and the dashboard on my car, and then called backup with 10 cars all along the street and I was cuffed up for and hour or so till the K9 showed up. When they didn't find shit they tryed talking to me all cool and said if I was gonna turn my car into a lowrider. The whole time I was asking why they had pulled me out of nowhere and they said they'd tell me when they were done, never did.

May 2, 2002
arpaio is the biggest piece of shit to grace this planet.. and he KEEPS GETTING REELECETED!!!!!!!!!

It would be a fine day indeed if someone shot him in the face.. that fat fucking media whore.

May 2, 2002
^yeah.. there was the baseline shooter and the rapist. they caught all 3 (there were two shooters) within a year of the killings. I actually had the son of the rapist in my class.

Jun 23, 2003
alot of illiegals dont even understand our health codes, let alone safe food sanitation. If they get caught slippin at a stand sellin sonoran hot dogs. thats their own bad.

I do hate joe arpaio though. I wont be sad when he is dead. He thinks he's walker texas fucking ranger.

Jun 13, 2006
its not hard to find this foo everyone thinks he rolls in an undercover police car but he has a brown/tan chevy truck it has all these sheriff stickers all on the back. i got a family member that works in an office building where he has one of his office's along with the governor.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
I don't know this sherrif nor am I a fan of the police, but that's not a good argument... They can't get jobs because they're illegal, they can always go back home to wherever they are from. Also you don't know how these people prepare their food. You don't know if they wiped their ass and didn't wash their hands before making your tamales. People do get sick from these people and that is a fact. Their is a health issue regardless.

Jun 13, 2006
I don't know this sherrif nor am I a fan of the police, but that's not a good argument... They can't get jobs because they're illegal, they can always go back home to wherever they are from. Also you don't know how these people prepare their food. You don't know if they wiped their ass and didn't wash their hands before making your tamales. People do get sick from these people and that is a fact. Their is a health issue regardless.
in all the years i've bought stuff off the street vendors i have never got sick, not like when i went to subway where you see them prepare your shit and where i recived food posioning