SCOOT DOGG - GAME TWISTED - 1996 EAST PALO ALTO - RELEASE APRIL !

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 12, 2002
I'm looking forward to seeing this stuff released and will definitely support your projects!

I know this is gonna sound snobby, but please make sure the mastering, and when possible the mixing too, is on point with these old releases. The people that bought Death Row (WideAwake) have really dropped the ball because a lot of the stuff they have released never had a good, final mixdown in the first place and then they just had somebody master rough mixdowns which led to a lot of the stuff sounding like crap. The sound quality from the old Death Row releases like The Chronic shits on the stuff they've been releasing from 2009-now and that doesn't fly with a lot of people. Who wants to buy music today that's 15-20 years old and sounds WORSE than the stuff that was being released 15-20 years ago?

Just some words of advice/things to keep in mind since it sounds like you got a GANG of good stuff to put out. Try to make it sound as good as possible and you will get mad support from Bay rap fans, specifically those on this very board, I have no doubt about it. Good luck with the projects!

May 27, 2006
here is the tracklist:

1.Come on just kick it
2.Game Twisted
3.Mo Skrilla
4.Sever Consequence
5.Sidewayz
6.If You wanna Fuck with me

i dont consider this an unreleased album from 96.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
all 6 tracks are made in 1996 so i have to correct you.one beat was used later for a way wacker track than the one on the scoot dogg.
i thought we would make 500 vinyls and 1000 cds but actually we re only doing 100 vinyls and 500 cds, there not that many people who buy cds anymore and this is a test project to see where we land.well the price is a lil higher because we had to pay for the copyrights , designer , pressing , lawyer.
sure im open for critics but i cant do anything for the price... we work with a distributioner so we dont make any money with this first release, we just dont want to make minus.

May 27, 2006
i know often especially in the bay artists released old tracks later. so maybe they really all from 96. was just i read for the big mack album you said it has approx. 12 tracks so i got the feeling you put together unreleased tracks and not release albums dat was ready to be released back then as a whole. so i went with the date the tracks we know from your release actually came out.

but my main point was i think you should state some of the tracks are already released or the beat has been used while advertising. better as people realize after and feel played and dont buy anymore in the future. just long run strategy.

for the price i got you. but you also have to see other artists dat release albums nowadays also have costs for designers & pressing. i know to buy the copyright must cost some but maybe it can be compared to the amount artists spend for studiotime. and they all manage to sell cds for under 10usd. for me the price is too high. and i hope you put out full albums we dont know any single track from and was set to be released as you put them out and not put together a bunch of unreleased tracks artists have.

i think you could ve picked a better one as test project. some 10 track release nobody knows a track from and maybe from another producer as gman stan because as i said with the jet tha block cd few months ago lotta people feel confirmed now about the "indo sells unreleased 90s rap pressed in 2011 as rare 90s ogs" rumours you been surrounded and wont support you. this is 4.5 unknown tracks advertised as all unreleased, sold higher as usual 2012 releases and the jet tha block thing also in mind its just not the best pick.
but as i said the idea to release unreleased albums dat was finished back then as a whole and never got pressed is a great idea. just do it right. better to gain a fanbase and be able to release cds also next year as make a quick buck.

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
i kinda feel you on some points but all material igot were supposed to be albums.no random tracks from 1987 and one from 2011 and then one from 1994.Scoot Doggs album was supposed to be called "game Twisted" , it was on one reel but they never dropped it.same with the other albums i got.well i could have dropped another album first but we decided for scoot dogg.on the price its impossible , we dont press up 5000 copies which would let us go down with the price and we dont have any investors like artists got.i hope there will grow a fanbase for the premier records releases because there re alot of good releases coming.

Jun 24, 2006
Not sure why you would press 500 cds instead of 1000 since most, if not all (I know, all manufacturers I've checked with) want batches of a 1000 to justify the price of the glass master. And by pressing 500, you are still paying close to the same price as 1000, if I remember it was a difference of like $80-$100 cheaper to press in a smaller quantity.

Unless these aren't "silver" bottom presses, then it makes complete sense

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
it makes a bigger difference, they re glassmaster pressings and the difference is like 500$.in case it sells out on the same day we can still press up another bunch of 500 copies, but in case we sell like 100 copies and no more copies sell then we saved 500$ costs.

May 27, 2006
i trust you it was supposed to be released back in 96 as you release it now. i just wanted to state the points of doubt dat come up because of the known tracks and what you said about the big mack album since i consider it important the albums you release is not tracks put together, else premiere records can end up like zyx records with all their crap compilations.

and its your choice what you release first. since its already in the press my thoughts dont matter anyway. i tried to hit you in msn finally but now when i got it you was offline. i hope it goes thru the roof and one day i can hear the g quikk album on big boy.

G-ro

Sicc OG
Jun 6, 2002
I understand what Lambo said but for my part, I rather pay $25 for 4 or 5 tight ass G-Man Stan unreleased tracks than spend $10 for the wack music comin out nowadays.
Then I'll pay another $25 for some 4-5 tight ass G-Man Stan 1994-1997 unreleased tracks that Indo will be release after... and on and on...
4 tracks here + 5 tracks there + 4 tracks here and there will make a complete album (number of tracks) at the end for a price most collector will spend for an OG 1996 released album.
If it's the only way to get this unreleased music: I repeat Indo, you got my support (and my money lol)

Jun 24, 2006
it makes a bigger difference, they re glassmaster pressings and the difference is like 500$.in case it sells out on the same day we can still press up another bunch of 500 copies, but in case we sell like 100 copies and no more copies sell then we saved 500$ costs.
WHOA!! who are you pressing it with!! Thats awesome, I know a lot of people who would be happy if they could order like that. What company is this? I have a ton of people who would use them with prices like those!

May 27, 2006
i could add you easy. you show up as offline now but added. i have to go now but i try to fix it tomorrow or maybe the function works again for you. cu balla

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
WHOA!! who are you pressing it with!! Thats awesome, I know a lot of people who would be happy if they could order like that. What company is this? I have a ton of people who would use them with prices like those!
i guess you misunderstood it.the difference is 500$ between 500 copies and 1000 copies.not the total amount. we paid 1200$ for 500 cds.

Jun 24, 2006
i guess you misunderstood it.the difference is 500$ between 500 copies and 1000 copies.not the total amount. we paid 1200$ for 500 cds.
No, I completely understand, I have gotten quotes for pressings of 1000 and 500 and my price difference has been within $100 because of the way batches are ran in quantities of 1000. If you get a 500 run with a glass master the facility will a) throw away the extra 500 or b) store the 500 for x-amount of time. Thats why I'm asking who you used. I spoke with discmakers for an extensive amount of time when I was at NAMM a few years ago and they told me thats why you can't get smaller runs cheaper unless you do a cd-r press. Thats why I am wondering who you are using. Plus I've done some jazz remasters it may pay off to use them with if I can get small runs cheap

InDO

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2005
they will get pressed in japan , i got no clue which company they use.all i know it gopnna cost 1200$ for 500 cds.
but if the difference is that low then i gonna tell him to press up 1000 copies,evrything else wouldnt make any sense like you corrected me right.thanks