San Diego rap is NOT over haha

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
but there WAS A TIME WHEN I WAS A HATER, and i grew up.

and how did googie pigeonhole himself? i thought hes on heaterville and has shit comin' soon

?

googie raps like your dad screamed on you right before he whipped you

he got that roy jones jr authority rap

you be smokin and googie yell out MUTHA FUCKA GO TO THE STORE and like 6 mutha fuckas run to the store like a god damn hurdle race

Dec 5, 2007
very true

gucci is the shit tho

of course that is just my opinion

i listen to alot of stuff people dont like

i got southern family...and ive been all over the country...so im not against southern music
haha.. i actually kinda like him. i dont pay much attention to what hes saying but his style makes me laugh

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yeah, i usually get what the fuck gucci is talking about waaay later.

kinda like space rappers and they big ass metaphors.

'independent as fuck!'-living legends

'fuck a record deal ill sign myself'-gucci mane

same thing, the way i see it..

both just dont understand eachother cuz they dont talk eachothers language

underground niggas aint talkin gwap and street/mixtape rappers aint talkin riddles..

gucci knows hes funny.thats part of his style

Dec 5, 2007
yeah, i usually get what the fuck gucci is talking about waaay later.

kinda like space rappers and they big ass metaphors.

'independent as fuck!'-living legends

'fuck a record deal ill sign myself'-gucci mane

same thing, the way i see it..

both just dont understand eachother cuz they dont talk eachothers language

underground niggas aint talkin gwap and street/mixtape rappers aint talkin riddles..

gucci knows hes funny.thats part of his style
yeah... he knows what he's doin. ima come with a goofy ass angle for the 09 too... ima be some way out nigga that reads tarot cards and raps about the future. mr cleo

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yeah i guess ive been doing that subliminally in my drawings for quite a while....i drew the mistab fab chain snatching lol

no ones ever gonna get to see that shit tho

2009 im drawing alot of 'nigga please' moments

shit is pretty much to entertain myself while doing art for other people...if i cant be entertained then theres no point....i mean let the drummer have some...

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
1. Why does a rapper need to be verastile?
Would the artists goals have an affect on the first question?

2.Are those who believe artists need to be versatile or sound a certain way living in reality?
who are they marketing this versatility to, and what do they think they will get out of this?

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
MAYBE NOT SO MUCH VERSATILE WITH THE LYRICS, KEEP IT ORIGINAL AND GANGSTA OR WHATEVA YOU DO BUT SOME DO NEED TO BE MORE OPEN TO EXPERIMENTATION WITH SOUNDS AND ARTIST OF ALTERNATE GENRE'S.?????????
With so much shit out there that has been said and done..originality is a tall order. Why does anyone need to be open to experimentation? Just do you. A drag queen at George Mason won homecoming queen, does that mean others should experiment with that? It might make sense to some artists on this board, but be yourself.

I guess I am trying to figure out why artists feel they need to switch up or be versatile. Im not looking for a patented answer I want to know what they feel that is going to accomplish. Its cool if an artists is versatile, but why do it just for that sake?

Dec 5, 2007
being versatile suggests that an artist is constantly switching up his style and throwing new elements into his music. which in reality, has been one of my biggest crutches. i actually DO that. and its hard to build a following when you dont do ONE THING. as soon as the fans start liking what youre doing, on the next album (or even the next track), you go a whole different direction. it can be done and has been done with people like outkast and a small handful of others. but by far, its easier making a name for yourself NOT being versatile. just having one style that is appealing to a lot of people is what you need. look at snoop, too short, 50 cent, dre, dmx, redman, and countless others. the most successful artists in the rap game never go far outside of their lane. maybe over time of course they do a few things to switch it up. but when you pay X amount of dollars for a 50 cent verse or a snoop verse.... you KNOW exactly what youre going to get. its not a grab bag of 400 different styles.

Jan 23, 2006
San Diego needs to open their ears & we need more people in the city supporting DIFFERENT KINDS OF RAP. but that will never happen, cuz every blood is riding with his favorite blood. every crip is riding with his favorite crip. every ese is riding with his favorite ese.

fuck that.
Don't you think its the artist's job to get peoples attention? I think if an artist got skills and hustle, people will take notice. Can't blame gangbangin because
when that Jayo came out(watcha gonna do), I seen both Bs and Cs bumpin it,same with Mitchy Slick.

Freaks I aint tryna diss but seems like you just makin excusses. Them walls been broke through before so it can be done. Like 50cal said just do you,
gangsta or not, everybody got they're own niche. I think you got a bigger chance of blowing not doing gangsta rap because its more regular people than gangsters and they need somethin to bump 2.