San Diego rap is NOT over haha

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 22, 2009
www.EMATiONMUSiC.com
I’m sorry but this just made me laugh when I read people saying that San Diego isn’t going to go far…. Living in San Diego myself and being a teenager that talks to A LOT of the kids that live here on a daily basis I can promise you Daygo has a hip-hop scene and it’s only going to grow. San Diego is 85% burbs… if not 90% or more... a lot of kids with a lot of money that do drugs and love rap music... the market couldn’t be any fucking better here honestly… if you’re shit’s getting slept on and people aren’t coming to your shows then figure out different ways to re-invent yourself and be creative, don’t just cry and say there’s no hip-hop scene. I mean as far as “beef” goes, ANYWHERE you go, there’s always going to be haters, ALWAYS… there will always be shootings involved with music unfortunately not just in San Diego… but everything you look really, esp. in Los Angeles\New York where there’s a crazy hip-hop scene.

There’s definitely a market for hip-hop here, Mitchy Slick’s been putting on for the city for a minute. There’s Ecay, Kayo, Googie Monsta, Poetic Black, Cricet, Educate, and many more...

I personally spend everyday from about 2pm till whenever I wanna stop driving all around Daygo rollin blunts passin out free cds and taking care of business.

And sayin this… “But no one in san diego is gonna go very far” :confused:… you definitely couldn’t be more wrong. I will personally vouch for me, and all the other artists doing there thang out here, with the right work ethic, networking, and music we make; we’re all feelin to get real high and go real far.

But shit, since we’re on the subject of talking about shows and whatnot and Daygo… I’d love to invite you all to my next show here @ Brick By Brick on March 15.

EMATiON @ Brick by Brick
1130 Buenos Ave., San Diego, California 92110
Cost: 10.00
PLEASE CALL (858) 243 - 5872 and buy a ticket from me! DOORS AT 7:00, FIRST ACT AT 7:15, 21+ WITH ID, I’ll go on stage around 9:30-10.

I didn’t just post this to promote for my show either, I just couldn’t help but see so many people talking shit on Daygo… shit, if you’re on artist reading this that’s down to get on some shows with me and other artists and get it poppin in Daygo, get at me, 858.243.5872.

I got my own studio where I drop my shit, and I know a grip of club promoters and heads that are trying to get it poppin here in San Diego as well. And recently, I just dropped "The Daygo Mix.zip" so download that, spread it to your family and friends, and lookout for Vol. 2 with some features from other dope Daygo artists.

Since I’m not rapping about guns and shit, the best way I network here in Daygo is thru the hustle-scene, so if you’re ever lookin for dank buds, you can get at me on that too haha. There's so much more I could write honestly, but I'm not even gunna waste my time, the haters will hate, and the hip-hop heads of Daygo will feel where I'm coming from.

Sincerely,
-Eddy

http://www.EMATiONMUSiC.com

Jan 22, 2009
www.EMATiONMUSiC.com
there's a ton of talent in SD in general. a ton, i know a ton of people here who are talented as shit and trying to get something popping... usually I don't even post in this forum, but I just had a good laugh when they said SD isn't going to be on the map.

everything I said was on point.

who cares if you've heard of me or not haha, you will... and you'll hear about San Diego too.

Aug 31, 2004
As someone who doesnt live in SD, and i'm from the bay the only artist i really fuck wit out there is Mitchy Slick, damu, I-rocc, beta bossalini, smigg dirtee and maybee some other people i've heard on there cd's....

overall i think there is a lot of talent out there in Daygo... at least from an outsiders perspective..

B

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Ya gotta be at the top to push it over and ducefaced..it aint that there isn't any good music in Dago...Again Im starting to think its not as much of what you do..unless you create your own lane somehow, because consumption is changing faster then the ability to create a consumable path for music.If this site is up in 5-10 yrs come back and see the results of those who say they are really gonna do something.

Dec 16, 2008
@ Gas One, you have 12,199 posts on siccness. So obviously you have had alot to say. And im sure most of it has been about the San Diego rap shit. There's obviously alot wrong out here. And we all know it and need to stop playing dumb and acting like things are getting better because their not. Their getting worst. Bottom Line. And it's because were not making good music. And if anybody is, it's not getting herd anywhere. Everybody on here knows what the standard of good music is on here. So people wake up and stop acting dumb. Stop pumping these artist up when they make dumb ass move and put out garbage.

Apr 5, 2003
Theres a shit load of good music coming from Daygo but it ain't about that anymore. It's about gimic and image. If the teeny bopper bitches don't find you attractive or your music don't appeal to them, you wont be on BET or MTV anytime soon.