Rookie Of The Year Frontline vs The Team

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
SF Slimm said:
Production wise i liked The Team... I could listen to that album almost straight through with an exception of a couple of tracks. Frontline had a few hits but I couldn't hang with most of the production. I wasn't feeling those rock guitar sounding beats. Don't get me wrong tho the Frontline album had some sick ass songs.

Lyrically these two groups have different styles and rap content. I'm feeling both of em tho.

As for which album I liked better, I'd have to go with THE TEAM.
took the words right outta my mouth

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
frontline i dont know why cats think they are not street man i know for a fact they from the streets parchester and cresent park if you ever go to richmond slide by those areas and tell me if they are hood or not i like the teams album but i like frontlines more

Mar 29, 2004
What I dont understand is why yall comparing? Yes they are both from the Bay but they got two different styles and two totally different motives. I asked for whom ever to explain themselves about there opinion on why they dont think The Frontline aint street?
Why because they talk about more conscience shit? because they tryin to teach folks and they dont sound like idiots? why because they dont talk about smokin drinkin and fuckin bitches? These dudes are more street then alot of people I know...you know why? cause they are real...they have no reason to lie about shit. You dont hear them saying they killed people and other random ass 'rapper quotes' because they are different. I Know that the time and effort they put into there art is goin to go way further then 'purple scrappers and bitches' . You may not think there street but real niggas are the ones that aint gotta brag about their stripes....you see it when you see them and you see it when you see how many people got they backs. You may feel that commercial soundin like everything else shit now but lets see where shit goes. and thats just my opinion
Peace P

Mar 29, 2004
I never said it was unfair, This is how I feel
when you put two different artists in a category and ask for and 'either or?' question I see that as comparing.
Like when the question was asked which album was better. I still said both albums came out good BUT they are two different types of artists on two different hypes and they shouldnt be put in the same category. Both albums are better for two different things because they have different styles.

Peace P

Apr 21, 2004
kontac just cuz u from a hood dont mean you street.... i know left on this board somewhere and he the cuzzin of my nigga rich lawson aka kobe aka rich cole.....i know a few niggaz from da village some street heads and some not and i know a few from from da park and one aint street...we see locksmith all the time at hilltop mall lookin like mr. bean, just a regular cat like u, me and everybody else

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
pOiSoNoMiTrY said:
I never said it was unfair, This is how I feel
when you put two different artists in a category and ask for and 'either or?' question I see that as comparing.
Like when the question was asked which album was better. I still said both albums came out good BUT they are two different types of artists on two different hypes and they shouldnt be put in the same category. Both albums are better for two different things because they have different styles.

Peace P

theyre not saying like, "which type of music do u like, or which group is better?", i think it was more of "whos album had a bigger impact this year?" thats all im sayin.