REPARATION

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
I WAS HAVIN' THIS DISCUSSION NOW SINCE OBAMA IS IN OFFICE AND I WANT YOUR HONEST OPINION. AS FAR AS REPARATIONS, IS IT NOW MORE OF A REALITY OR OBAMA JUST BEIN' IN OFFICE IS THE REPARATION?

Miro

Sicc OG
Sep 20, 2006
define your idea of REPARATION?

i would prefer a distribution of wealth into poor communities, provide them good education, health care, social programs, etc. But to give poor people a hand out, i'm against that, thats not going to make for a good society.

May 20, 2006
If you define REPARATION as: the European Settlers of The Western Hemisphere are morally and finacially responsible for the situation of the enslaved Eastern Africans, attempted extermination of the Native Americans, and the displacement of the natural Southern Americans, in the Western Hemisphere. GIVE ME MY 40 ACRES AND A MULE!!! The U.S.A. was built on the killing of the Native Americans (Cherokee,Navajoe,etc.), the robbery of the Southern Indians (Mayas, Incas, Atecs,etc.), and the forced, free, labor of Africans. A whole bunch of mfs are due Reparations, EDJ...

Apr 25, 2002
^YOU SOUND PARANOID

WHY?
obama isn't gonna do that he aint gonna give 40 acres and a mule. obama himself is not the black savior or the savior of anybody. i see the why its a big deal he got elected but himself as a man he doesn't have power nor is he willing to make any REAL change in this country

Apr 19, 2006
If you define REPARATION as: the European Settlers of The Western Hemisphere are morally and finacially responsible for the situation of the enslaved Eastern Africans, attempted extermination of the Native Americans, and the displacement of the natural Southern Americans, in the Western Hemisphere. GIVE ME MY 40 ACRES AND A MULE!!! The U.S.A. was built on the killing of the Native Americans (Cherokee,Navajoe,etc.), the robbery of the Southern Indians (Mayas, Incas, Atecs,etc.), and the forced, free, labor of Africans. A whole bunch of mfs are due Reparations, EDJ...
You don't deserve shit.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^FIFTY FIRST OF ALL,
AIN'T NOBODY TRYIN' TO CONVINCE NOBODY OF N-E-THANg. I'M SIMPLY ASKIN' AND DISCUSSIN'.
XNDLY,
HOW YOU KNOW WHAT WILL EXIST? AND IT IS RELEVANT TODAY. BY THE WAY YOU TALKIN' IT SEEMS LIKE THE THOUgHT OR IDEA JUST SICCENS YOU TO THE POINT THAT YOU CAN'T FANTHOM THE THOUgHT OR HAVE AN INTELLECTUAL DISCOURSE OF SUCH.

CALIFORNIA BEAR,

I SEE WHAT YOU SAYIN'. SO DO YOU BELIEVE THE BLAK COMMUNITY EXPECTS HIM TO DO SOMETHIN', OR HIM SIMPLY BEIN' IN OFFICE IS THE "REPERATION". SPEAK ON IT.

AND I WOULD APPRECIATE MORE BROTHAS TO gET IN ON THIS. WHAT DO YOU FEEL?

WHAT UP MO CHEEZ KC?

Jun 27, 2005
As long as the United States of America exists, it will always be revelant.
yep. the argument that it has been too long to pay descendants of slaves back is bullshit. It dont matter how long I go without payin my credit cards, they gonna want their fuckin money sooner or later. Also don't forget that other peoples have been issued reparations in America and for lesser offenses. Slavery is the biggest injustice in American and no one guilty party has ever been held accountable and no victim compensated. Having said all that, no, Obama is not going to issue reparations. The first time he does anything remotely civil rights related that helps black people white people are gonna lose their fuckin minds.

May 17, 2002
its not more of a reality because it would have to pass the house and senate. i do think it is long overdue, however. My kids great grandmothers grandmother was born on a slave plantation in GA. The critical point of reparations is the fact that White people, as a whole are still benefiting off of inequality of the past. For instance, housing. Usually the biggest determanent to determine net worth, is equity of a house. Well, the housing industry has historically been one of the most racist institutions in america. Because white people were able to get loans for houses so easy (gi bill, fha) they were able to generate equity that has stayed within families, for generations. That equity and net worth has been able to multiply several times over, from wwII. black people, on the other hand, are, now, only first and second generation home owners. the lack of money they were unable to build, during racist housing practices, is huge. In fact, in many mathmatical estimates, blacks are owed trillions of dollars, from lost money due to slavery, and overt racist programs and policies of the past.

Dec 18, 2002
I think reparations may come but not in the form of "reparations" or anything that could be easily defined as such. If its going to happen it has to trickle down through many different channels under different guises.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
ANOTHA KEY POINT MADE DURIN' MY DISCUSSIONS IS WHO WOULD BE THE BENEFICIARY(IES) AS FAR AS PROVIN' THAT YOU ACTUALLY CAME FROM AMERIKKKAN SLAVE BLOOD. THE BLOODS ARE SO MIXXED NOW, WHO IS ACTUALLY "BLAK"(AND FOREFATHERS WERE SLAVES) AND CAN PROVE IT(NOT JUST BY YOUR COMPLEXION)?

Jun 27, 2005
ANOTHA KEY POINT MADE DURIN' MY DISCUSSIONS IS WHO WOULD BE THE BENEFICIARY(IES) AS FAR AS PROVIN' THAT YOU ACTUALLY CAME FROM AMERIKKKAN SLAVE BLOOD. THE BLOODS ARE SO MIXXED NOW, WHO IS ACTUALLY "BLAK"(AND FOREFATHERS WERE SLAVES) AND CAN PROVE IT(NOT JUST BY YOUR COMPLEXION)?
well thats a problem that the guilty parties have brought upon themselves. this would not have been an issue had they issued the reparations when they were supposed to. Forgive me if I feel no sympathy for them. It wouldn't bother me at all if a lot of people ended up gettin over on them because this shit should have been addressed long ago. Time was allowed to pass and as a result the issue only got more complicated, but this is not something that should be held against the descendants of slaves.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
^I UNDA-STAND WHAT YOU STRESSIN'. BUT WHO ACTUALLY IS A DESCENDANT OF A SLAVE? YOU HAVE NEgROES FROM LATIN AMERIKKA, THE CARRIBEAN, AFRICAN COUNTRIES, AND SO FORTH THAT HAVE MIgRATED THRU OUT THE YEARS. IF YOU ASK ME, LET'S ALL gET IT THEN. BUT REALITY IS THAT THERE AIN'T NO WAY WE CAN PROVE SUCH AND THE MONEY AIN'T gONNA BE gENERATED(ESPECIALLY IN THESE ECONOMIC WOES).

I REMEMBER THAT MR NICE gUY. I WAS SPEAKIN' ON IT NOW SINCE THE POST OBAMA ERA IS ABOUT TO BEgIN AND THE REALITY OF IT.