Red Dead Redemption

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 11, 2004
Man this game is great. Im just starting out with the main story and doin the side missions and challenges.

How do maps work? i bought one at the general store, "used" it by pressing select and accessing my items, but it hasnt done anything for me. Isnt it supposed to show things on my map for a certain area??? I dont see shit other than what was there already.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
Man this game is great. Im just starting out with the main story and doin the side missions and challenges.

How do maps work? i bought one at the general store, "used" it by pressing select and accessing my items, but it hasnt done anything for me. Isnt it supposed to show things on my map for a certain area??? I dont see shit other than what was there already.
if you're talking about the maps which are named after the areas in the game, e.g. the nuevo paraiso map, then buying it and 'using' it in your inventory causes the big map (when you pause the game) to reveal all the locations e.g. small towns and settlements in that area of the game e.g. nuevo paraiso without you having to visit/find them yourself

if you're talking about the survivalist map, then using it from your inventory shows the locations of all nearby herbs and plants on your mini map, which is useful if you're riding through the wild looking for herbs because it shows you where a plant is located without you having to get close to it

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
According to a post over on Rockstar Games' site, the next title update to Red Dead Redemption will bring with it "measures to counter hacking and cheating" on both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Furthermore, a handful of "anti-grief" features will be added to the game's Free Roam online mode. Apparently, cowpokes enduring repeated harassment from other online players will be given the choice to jump to another point (of their choosing) on the map. The culprits doing all the griefing will get branded as such after six consecutive kills, earning them a Most Wanted status and wrangling the game's NPCs against the offender.

Rockstar also promises to continue monitoring online play for those doing bad deeds after said title update goes live "within the next month."

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Fucking weaksauce. I was all by my lonesome at my cousins playing this on 360 picking flowers and shit when 4 guys attacked me and kept doing so. I was having a blast because i kept up with them in kills and after about an hour they invited me in the posse. These whiners need to go play so other shit, this the west

May 19, 2005
Fucking weaksauce. I was all by my lonesome at my cousins playing this on 360 picking flowers and shit when 4 guys attacked me and kept doing so. I was having a blast because i kept up with them in kills and after about an hour they invited me in the posse. These whiners need to go play so other shit, this the west
wut the fuck you doin pickin flowers in the WEST