R.I.P Ted Kennedy

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2002
LOL

People are so quick to forget it is not the government that funds social services, its the people!

When you say you want the government to pay for your health care, subsidize the cost of goods, or supplement your wages you are really saying you want/expect your fellow citizens to pay for your health care, subsidize your goods, and supplement your wages.
when did i ever say that the government pays for these things? Of course we the taxpayers pay for it. But its the government that facilitates it

All these "small government conservatives" talk a good game, but whenever they get in power, they grow the government like no ones business

all these dudes also want to get rid of social security and medicare

Nov 2, 2002
NO, i think he is more in tuned of the "if i want to drive without a seat belt, that is MY choice" type people. Which makes a great case.
that is fair.
But this is all stemming from paranoia about the health care debate. He and people like him think that the gov is going to force people to get government health care

May 9, 2002
that is fair.
But this is all stemming from paranoia about the health care debate. He and people like him think that the gov is going to force people to get government health care
Government healthcare > our health care "system" now

I think if government were more involved in some places and less involved in others, it wouldnt be so hard to swallow the government pill.

Apr 25, 2002
LOL

People are so quick to forget it is not the government that funds social services, its the people!

When you say you want the government to pay for your health care, subsidize the cost of goods, or supplement your wages you are really saying you want/expect your fellow citizens to pay for your health care, subsidize your goods, and supplement your wages.
NEVER MIND THE COST GAP BETWEEN WHAT WE PAY FOR MILITARY THAN WHAT WE PAY FOR WELFARE ,WHEN PEOPLE CALL IT WELFARE OR GOVERNMENT ASSITANCE PEOPLE WILL HAVE A DIFFRENT OPIONION ON THE ISSUE DEPENDING ON WHAT YOU'RE CALLING IT. THE AMOUNT OF OUR MONEY THAT GOES TO THOSE PROGARMS ARE LAUGHABLE COMPARED TO MILITARY SPENDING.

WE NEED MORE BOMBS THAT WAY MORE CHILDREN CAN DIE

Nov 24, 2003
when did i ever say that the government pays for these things? Of course we the taxpayers pay for it. But its the government that facilitates it
Poorly

http://www.hoisingtonmgt.com/pdf/HIM2009Q2NP.pdf

http://elsa.berkeley.edu/~cromer/RomerDraft307.pdf

In case you don't want to read those here is an excerpt;

"The most extensive research on tax
multipliers is found in a paper written at the
University of California Berkeley entitled The
Macroeconomic Effects of Tax Changes: Estimates
Based on a new Measure of Fiscal Shocks, by
Christina D. and David H. Romer (March 2007).
(Christina Romer now chairs the president's
Council of Economic Advisors). This study found
that the tax multiplier is 3, meaning that each dollar
rise in taxes will reduce private spending by $3."

All these "small government conservatives" talk a good game, but whenever they get in power, they grow the government like no ones business
OK

Not being a small government conservative I could care less what they do. It takes a special person to be a politician. Am I surprised that "small government conservatives" don't do as they say once elected? Not at all. They are equally as destructive, corrupt, and incompetent as "big government liberals"

all these dudes also want to get rid of social security and medicare
Good riddance.

Social Security is government forced retirement planning. The government doesn't think you are capable of managing your own life so they force you to do so. I fundamentally disagree with that ideology.

The government should not have the authority to force you to do anything. The function of the government is to protect your civil liberties from being violated by other people, not to violate them in and by itself.