QUESTION, I JUST GOT A PITBULL PUPPY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 23, 2006
KOOL_AID said:
he is 7 weeks old i just got him today and i had dogs before but never this young, he keeps shitting and pissing all over my house and i tell him no and show him outside where to and he dont care he still will take a piss and shit in the house after i just took him outside to do both he wants to in the house i rub his nose in it yell at him tell him no and he dont care he also dont wanna walk hes fuckin lazy and sleeps most of the day which may be cuz he is just 7 weeks old i really dont know but he does know how to walk he just doesnt want to when i put a leash on him to go outside and piss or shit i have to carry him with me or he will just lay down is this normal? or am i just expecting to much from a 7 week puppy?

thats what my boxer did when he was little...i got him at like 8 weeks....

but now he doesnt even think about peeing in the house he stands by the door nd crys....

so what im sayin is it will just take time.....but when he starts peeing dont let him finish yell real loud so that he holds it in and then take him outside....if u r home all day you can go out ever 2 hours and take him to a certain spot everytime...and make sure he goes there everytime...dont just put him there and let him walk around and find another spot in the backyard...if u take him outside every two hours (( except at night obviously )) then he shouldnt even have a full bladder whiles hes in the house....

Mar 20, 2007
Fuck whoever said get a cat... lol

I've had a Chow/German Shepherd Mix puppy, so I know what's it like to deal with a proud dog. You have to watch him wherever he goes. Once he starts that sniffing get him to start walking toward the door or pick his ass up and take him outside. Take him where you want. Start saying a word or phrase that you want him to learn for relieving himself. For example, I said "Go pee" constantly, until he went and used the bathroom. When he finally did, hearing me say "Go pee" all the time, I told him "good boy" and petted him. That way he knew he did something right. Gotta have that encouragement. Eventually he learned the word and now he never pisses in the house. I say "Let's go pee" and he's waiting for to open the door outside.

I'm not sure about the housebreaking pads.... I wouldn't try to give him any excuse to go to the bathroom in the house. But, if you guys aren't watching him all the time... then maybe you could use it.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
LurccH918 said:
you just gotta be patient with this shit, especially a male, sometimes they can be a little more hard headed than a female, at least the male pits ive had anyways, what i did was give em a treat after the pisss or shit outside, and get it to where, when u say lets go outside he knows what u mean, and eventually he'll figure out hes gotta go outside to use the bathroom, but take the treats away after they know to go outside, thats what worked for mine anyways,

and make sure u show em alot of love and pet em when they go outside so they know they did somthin good
Exactly... just gotta be paitent and repetative with him, he'll get the picture sooner or later. That's what I did with my baby...

Sadie Baby...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
its also a good idea to crate train your dog for it to get an understanding of 'safe' places, and dogs will very rarely shit where they sleep.

youll notice very early on that he wont shit or piss in his cage in most cases.
when he starts to kick it in the house more, and knows the crate is in the house, he'll begin to associate the house as a bigger version of the crate.

as far as the biting or chewing shit id say buy alot of chew toys and rawhide bones, the toys with the holes in them that you can put treats in are good.

and childproof your backyard and house if its nto already...my boxer takes every god damnpot filled with soil and digs the soil out then runs around the backyard with the pot...so i had to get rid of all the pots and the bagged soil..problem solved

but he still steals articles and objects and tries to sneak somewhere with it..ive just been catching him and yelling to make him drop it...

Sep 28, 2002
i know this has nothing to do with training, but you should feed him some good food that has no corn, wheat or soy. all of those things are the biggest allergies that dogs and cats have and it just fucks them up and gives them cancer. try going to a dog specialty store but not like petco or pet smart, they dont know shit go to like small privately owned one they know what they are talking about...... i use SOLID GOLD brand and its good. ask for samples.

Apr 25, 2002
First of all never talk to your pet. Its too confusing to him right now maybe some praises but thats it. 7 weeks is still a week early from him to be away from his mom cause it takes a lil over 8 weeks for him to be fully weaned. Your pup is scared of you? You already discouraged him to trust you and for him to gain his trust your gonna have to go about not putting his nose in his piss n shit. Its like if you were to rub a newborn baby in his shit n piss cause he/she keeps shitting every 1hr or so. Theres too much to type so imma make it pretty quick. Like experienced members mentioned as soon as your lil bully wakes up, immediately take him out!!!! This is gonna go on till he finishes teething around 8 - 10 months. Its gonna be clockwork, everytime he wakes up finishes eating finishes playing always take him out. Use one word when he does his duties. I taught my bullies to "Get Busy" and almost 8 years to this day they go on command when they hear the calling. Hold off on treats, use his puppy food for treats. It helps them to love their food. Always hard never soft. Dogs are very sensative around these early stage of puppyhood so your gonna have to learn his signals and behaviors. Sniffing, if he drops his head low, be ready for him to go to the bathroom. Next time you go to the petstore look check out the books on puppies. Each puppy has its own characteristics and moods you just gotta know how to handle yours. Never again put his nose where it doesnt belong, your dog is gonna be submissive and APBTs shouldnt be submissive animals but showstoppers.

Good luck and please be responsible....

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
PsyDaL said:
First of all never talk to your pet. Its too confusing to him right now maybe some praises but thats it. 7 weeks is still a week early from him to be away from his mom cause it takes a lil over 8 weeks for him to be fully weaned. Your pup is scared of you? You already discouraged him to trust you and for him to gain his trust your gonna have to go about not putting his nose in his piss n shit. Its like if you were to rub a newborn baby in his shit n piss cause he/she keeps shitting every 1hr or so. Theres too much to type so imma make it pretty quick. Like experienced members mentioned as soon as your lil bully wakes up, immediately take him out!!!! This is gonna go on till he finishes teething around 8 - 10 months. Its gonna be clockwork, everytime he wakes up finishes eating finishes playing always take him out. Use one word when he does his duties. I taught my bullies to "Get Busy" and almost 8 years to this day they go on command when they hear the calling. Hold off on treats, use his puppy food for treats. It helps them to love their food. Always hard never soft. Dogs are very sensative around these early stage of puppyhood so your gonna have to learn his signals and behaviors. Sniffing, if he drops his head low, be ready for him to go to the bathroom. Next time you go to the petstore look check out the books on puppies. Each puppy has its own characteristics and moods you just gotta know how to handle yours. Never again put his nose where it doesnt belong, your dog is gonna be submissive and APBTs shouldnt be submissive animals but showstoppers.

Good luck and please be responsible....
really good advice. some of the shit you said i havent had to deal with since i raised my last puppy, forgot about now, and have to rememebr while im raising the new one. the best thing to remember is the puppy wants to earn your respect and love, he wants to be your best homie. a dog will never do something to spite you. teach him whats wrong and right and he'll follow it..

if you wanna gain your pups trust again, hold him sometimes, say his name to him and play-box with his paws, let him sleep next to you for a few days and he'll forget all about what you did

its also good to note that different bbreeds of pups do different things....my boxer is a male, and a jumper...my lab is a female, and a retriever..they have to be taught differently in a way..my lab was house trained at 10 weeks...the male is more stubborn and he took longer to learn to not bite and to go outside...but now he'll go downstairs and look clueless..

my lab, if someone forgets to let her out, youll see a piss trail from the stairs to the door...and its pretty sad to see because you know she tried but couldnt open the door. best to make your dog let you know, ive made my lab paw at me when she needs to go out, so if im sleping she'll paw me and wake me up..then start dancing around

Sep 26, 2005
thanks for all the advice he doin better today he is walkin more when we take him out still pissin but i guess its gonna take time

@ gas we made him a little spot on the balcony that he can kinda get use to it being "his" so hopfully he will learn not to piss and shit there soon since he spends a lot of his time out there now, i use to crate my other dog for about 8 hours when i first got her since she would tear everything up in the house and dig holes all over the back yard in the lawn did it for about a week and she rarly would piss or shit in it, i dont have the crate anymore so hopfully this will work he was with his mom and sisters yesterday so i know this is hard for him

Incarceraided said:
i know this has nothing to do with training, but you should feed him some good food that has no corn, wheat or soy. all of those things are the biggest allergies that dogs and cats have and it just fucks them up and gives them cancer. try going to a dog specialty store but not like petco or pet smart, they dont know shit go to like small privately owned one they know what they are talking about...... i use SOLID GOLD brand and its good. ask for samples.
i heard nutro was the best for bullies im lookin at the ingredients and it has Chicken Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Wheat Flour, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Ground Rice, Rice Bran, Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Whole Wheat, Lamb Meal, Natural Flavors, Potassium Chloride, Brewers Dried Yeast, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Dried Buttermilk, Dried Egg Product, Dried Kelp (source of Iodine), Magnesium Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Sulfate, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Copper Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid.

this is the one for puppies but that solid gold looks good ill have to check it out since u know so much about food im giving him 1 cup per serving 3 times a day and only giving him a bowl of water when he eats or gets back from a walk

Jan 28, 2005
training a puppy takes only one simple concept: classical conditioning.

He gets a positive reward for positive things: defacating/urinating outside, shaking paws, laying down, sitting, attacking people you hate, ect. ect. And that reward is obviously going to be a treat. Milkbones are the best, but any hard treat dogs like will work. Soft treats made for puppies dont do anything to train them. Be sure to reward the dog immediately afterward and tell him "good boy" while giving him the treat, and eventually he'll associate you calling him a good dog with having good behavior. Then you wont have to give him treats quite as often. Dogs are very emotionally dependent animals.

Of course, you have to discipline your puppy for negative behavior. But you need to BE SURE YOU CATCH THEM IN THE ACT. Dogs only have an immediate memory that lasts an X amount of seconds, so if you beat your dogs ass for something he did 5-10 minutes ago he wont know why he's getting the shit kicked out of him. You dont neccessarily need to hit your dog though, if you designate a place where he has to stay when he's bad he'll fucking hate it. Lock him in a 4X5 foot room by himself. Dogs hate seclusion, especially Pitbulls. I once had a dog who chewed a hole through my boy's door cuz he was locked up. Mfkr came out looking like Jack Nicholson in the Shining.

Another thing with Pitbulls is you have to take them running. Pitbulls in particular can be (and mostly are) very hyper dogs. You need to exersize that mfkr as often as you can. Otherwise, he'll tear your shit up. Period. The main reason a Pit will start destroying furniture and chewing up shit they shouldn't be is because the owner is lazy as fuck and doesn't take them running often enough. And this means you run too, fat ass. It's good for both of ya'll.

Good luck, a Pit can be one of the best dogs you'll ever own in your life if trained properly. Just dont fight him with other dogs, that would make you a felon and an asshole.

Sep 26, 2005
yea i would never fight him i have a son who is almost gonna be 2 yrs old mainly bought it for him so i want him to be a caring dog for him and not viscous fighter

alot of yall sayin dont rub his face in it i read a lot of things sayin that it will help em stop pissin in the house if yall dont do it then what do yall do just say no? or yell no and take them outside and show them where they piss and shit

Jan 28, 2005
KOOL_AID said:
yell no and take them outside and show them where they piss and shit

that's exactly it. If you can catch him while he starts and drag him outside to finish, he'll eventually get the idea. Then give him a treat when he finishes and give him a lil praise. I really dont see this happening more then 5 times without the dog realizing he should be pissing outside. Now all you need to do is teach him a way to let you know he needs to go outside. Most dogs end up just hanging out by the door staring at your ass like "hey yo... so, we gonna do this or do I need to shit in ya slippers again?"

CoopDVill

Super Moderator
May 4, 2003
www.facebook.com
your expecting too much bro but be patient take him outside everytime you feed him and give him water or when ever you feed yourself or take a drink lol every hr on the hr get him use to going outside he will eventually let you know he has to go outside use a rolled up newspaper bump him on the nose with it after u rub his nose in the shit or piss if he does it in the house it took 2 weeks to get my pups right and sounds like you might need to switch up on your dog food dont feed him corn based product(cheap food) it goes in and come right back out...

Nov 7, 2002
MzCiN said:
lol i kinda thought of that we just wanted a pet for our 1yr old son. cats aint good with kids tho are they ? the puppies cute but its already stinkin up the house. :hurt:
My sisters cat lets my two year old nephew kick the shit out of it and it just lay there and the cats only about a year old. But it is a laid back cat not very aggressive it depends on the animal personality.

Feb 24, 2006
Blaza_4_Eva said:
piss & shit where he sleeps. he'll get the message.
the vet said to make my dog sleep in a kennel when he was a puppy because he wouldnt piss and shit where he sleeps, this fuckin dog shit and pushed it out of the kennel with his nose onto the carpet