QUESTION, I JUST GOT A PITBULL PUPPY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2005
he is 7 weeks old i just got him today and i had dogs before but never this young, he keeps shitting and pissing all over my house and i tell him no and show him outside where to and he dont care he still will take a piss and shit in the house after i just took him outside to do both he wants to in the house i rub his nose in it yell at him tell him no and he dont care he also dont wanna walk hes fuckin lazy and sleeps most of the day which may be cuz he is just 7 weeks old i really dont know but he does know how to walk he just doesnt want to when i put a leash on him to go outside and piss or shit i have to carry him with me or he will just lay down is this normal? or am i just expecting to much from a 7 week puppy?

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Pretty sure your gonna have to do this little thing called "house training" haha google it specifically to your breed and study up it'll be a couple weeks.

Mar 17, 2006
you just gotta be patient with this shit, especially a male, sometimes they can be a little more hard headed than a female, at least the male pits ive had anyways, what i did was give em a treat after the pisss or shit outside, and get it to where, when u say lets go outside he knows what u mean, and eventually he'll figure out hes gotta go outside to use the bathroom, but take the treats away after they know to go outside, thats what worked for mine anyways,

and make sure u show em alot of love and pet em when they go outside so they know they did somthin good

Sep 15, 2002
try keeping him on a feeding schedule. if he's pissing everywhere you may be giving him to much water. try catching him in the act. if you notice him sniffing around bring him outside. they are very smart dogs so be patient & show em lots of love

Mar 17, 2006
yeah make sure u watch for it sniffin around, and they usually piss or shit within minutes of eating, so take em outside shortly after drinking and eating, and put his water and food away at night

Mar 26, 2006
KOOL_AID said:
he is 7 weeks old i just got him today and i had dogs before but never this young, he keeps shitting and pissing all over my house and i tell him no and show him outside where to and he dont care he still will take a piss and shit in the house after i just took him outside to do both he wants to in the house i rub his nose in it yell at him tell him no and he dont care he also dont wanna walk hes fuckin lazy and sleeps most of the day which may be cuz he is just 7 weeks old i really dont know but he does know how to walk he just doesnt want to when i put a leash on him to go outside and piss or shit i have to carry him with me or he will just lay down is this normal? or am i just expecting to much from a 7 week puppy?

when you were 7 weeks old did your parent rub ur face in shit n piss? no then dont do it to the puppy.

I have 2 dogs when they were puppies, I bought them house training mats and watched them when they start going to the toilet I pick them up and put them on the mat, keep doing it and if they go not on the mat just raise ur voice and say NO, keep doing this and they will only go on the mat, also when they do start going on the mat make a big deal out of it and make them happy.

Apr 13, 2007
TaxMan said:
Get a cat.
lol i kinda thought of that we just wanted a pet for our 1yr old son. cats aint good with kids tho are they ? the puppies cute but its already stinkin up the house. :hurt:

Jun 8, 2004
www.myspace.com
Nah, cats aren't good for kids unless you've had it for several years and it has already got old. If you do decide to get yourself a cat when the kid gets at least 5 (not sure how old he/she is) get a male. The female cats are a lot wilder and energetic (this isn't a good thing.. trust me). The female ones will want to fight and shit all the time, because they're the hunters of the two sexes.

I like dogs, but I never want one again. They stink up the house and slobber, piss, shit everywhere when they get old. And they always want attention. There are some days when you just don't want to fuck with a living animal, this is why cats are good, because they can do their own thing.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i dont know if this has been said but puppies have to use the bathroom 30-40 minutes from when they ate. you just watch when that time comes and he'll start sniffing around for somewhere to go to, pick him up and take him outside to where you want him to shit and he will, eventually he'll get the hang of it and start going to the door instead

of course hes scared of you because youre prolly screaming and shit and he dont know why..

id suggest buying a "pit bull terrier for dummies" book

Apr 13, 2007
TaxMan said:
Nah, cats aren't good for kids unless you've had it for several years and it has already got old. If you do decide to get yourself a cat when the kid gets at least 5 (not sure how old he/she is) get a male. The female cats are a lot wilder and energetic (this isn't a good thing.. trust me). The female ones will want to fight and shit all the time, because they're the hunters of the two sexes.

I like dogs, but I never want one again. They stink up the house and slobber, piss, shit everywhere when they get old. And they always want attention. There are some days when you just don't want to fuck with a living animal, this is why cats are good, because they can do their own thing.

oh nah forget it ... my son likes the puppy anyways. give it a couple weeks like u guys said see how it goes.

lol @ gas dont worry no ones yellin at the dog.

Aug 8, 2003
after its done being fed bring it outside, wait till he pisses or shit's, give him a treat, then bring him back inside...

rinse and repeat :)

Jul 27, 2007
KOOL_AID said:
Ahhh, puppy! I miss my Pit-Mastiff mix. OK, he will be very stubborn, AND he'll hold that pee and shit til you come back in the house. You'll have to time him from when you feed him and when he has to go. My dog would eat, and about 20 min later needed to go outside. Then, you just have to stay outside til he finally goes, and when he does, pet him and talk nice to him, cuz he'll do it again for you after once or twice.

Soon, he'll start chewing everything up; he'll be into biting. You have to teach a pit bull how strong their jaws are, so when he starts to playfully bit you, you will have to YELL each time he bites you (OUCH!) and that will shock him. Eventually, he'll just put his mouth over your hand or arm, and barely clamp down. If you don't do this, he'll bite the shit out of someone and it won't be good. PM me if you want more info. I paid a trainer to come to my house and teach me how to handle mine; full grown he was over 100 pounds, so you know I had to control that!