Question about SF Nortenos/Surenos

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I was just curious to see if anyone knew how 24th St. became a Northside set and 19th St. became southside set.....if i'm not mistaken, 24th St. is further south than 19th St. ....holler at me.

May 19, 2002
M-1 said:
I was just curious to see if anyone knew how 24th St. became a Northside set and 19th St. became southside set.....if i'm not mistaken, 24th St. is further south than 19th St. ....holler at me.
street numbers have nothing to do with it

Apr 25, 2002
CUZ WHY THE FUCK WOULD WE WANT TO GO TO SOUTHERN CALI!!!! I dont know where your from but have you ever seen how nice Northern cali is compared to southern cali. its like moving from a nice quiet nieghborhood to the heart of the ghetto. the people that move out of southern california to Nor*cal
outnumber people moving from nor. cali to southern cali. Northern California grows everyday. In the last five years Salinas has built thousands of homes and a grip of apartment complexes and last time i checked LA was pretty packed. That, and the agriculture business are the reason that sureno's are here.

Apr 22, 2002
www.siccness.net
There's PARTS of Northern California that are nice, but you also got a shit load of dirt. Don't forget that. LA's packed, but we have nice ass areas too. Malibu, Santa Monica, SAN DIEGO, etc. The movie industry started here because of our tremendous variety. We have beaches, mountains, deserts and forests..

We also have a much larger economy and variety of ethnicities. LA is the 2nd largest city in the country. Plenty of people are moving here..

Vamps
IX.

May 19, 2002
-south orange county and north san diego county are growing as well

-and no numbers dont have anything to do with why a sur or norte gang claim a block/blocks.

-m1 how does that help you? think about your question and you will have your answer when u add to the equation that "street numbers and order are irrelevent"

LOOTER oF tHE NEW CHURCH

IGNORANT ASSHOLE PIECE OF SHIT
Apr 22, 2002
www.stevie-wonder.com
M-1 said:
here is the answer:
Sur and Norte is a statewide division... it has nothing to do with dividing up cities cause gangs are just not that well planned. Then EVERY northern part of every city in CALI would be Norteno and every southern part would be Sureno. That is SOOOO not what this whole thing is about.

Apr 25, 2002
M-1 lives in a sur hood
so maybe he's asking for personal reasons...definately not for bullshit

but nah M-1 it doesn't have to do with the street numbers

basically cesar to 22nd st is Norte
21 to 18th is sur (21st is MS i think)
17th is norte...but no where near as big of a hood as some would have you think

19th and 24th are definately the deepest
but 22nd is OG's
18th has some real ass mothafuckas tho' my homies uncle runs that shit...THAT BIG CAT ya'll know who i'm talkin about if ya know

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
AnthonyCG said:
have you ever seen how nice Northern cali is compared to southern cali. its like moving from a nice quiet nieghborhood to the heart of the ghetto.
I DONT KNOW WHERE THAT CAME PHROM, I DONT SEE ANY DIFFERENCE AS PHAR AS NICENESS GOES, AND AS PHAR AS I KNOW, THE HOUSING SITUATION IN SO CALI IS HORRIBLE, THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE LIVING HERE, THE BASE PRICE PHOR A HOME IS 350K STARTING, AND THATS A BASIC ASS THREE ROOM ONE BATHROOM HOME...BUT BAC TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND...I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT AREA, BUT I KNOW THAT THE REASON THERE ARE NO NORTENOS HERE ISNT CUZ ITS DIRTY OR GHETTO, SO WHAT COULD THE REAL REASON BE?...HMMMMMM...ABA

E

EAST_BAY_G

There's Norteno sets in Southern Cal but not a lot only a few. Pacific Varrio Catorce from West Los Angeles. RWP from North Hollywood and some other sets from West Los Angeles I think and San Diego.

Apr 25, 2002
WALLK said:
[B-and no numbers dont have anything to do with why a sur or norte gang claim a block/blocks.

[/B]
read it over i said pertaining to m-1's question it matters because he wants to know why there's x3's on 19th and x4's on 24th when they're only 5 blocks apart connected by the same street. i never said their street number had anything to do with it.

May 19, 2002
JReezelle said:

read it over i said pertaining to m-1's question it matters because he wants to know why there's x3's on 19th and x4's on 24th when they're only 5 blocks apart connected by the same street. i never said their street number had anything to do with it.

his question is why are the nortes on 24th st and the sur on 19 st when 24st is south of 19. nothing to do with being 5 blocks away.

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
thanks for the info y'all...by the by..I ain't seen too many Surenos on the blocc anymore, well not as much as i used to

M

MrFreeze

cutmirez said:
other than the young knuckle heads...the mission has died out alot on gang activity....seems like everyone is just about there hustle....finally!
pretty much. i remember when youd drive by 19th or 24th and there would be hella fools representin but now theres hardly any and the ones who are there arent even reppin blue or red like they used to. im glad to cuz its all about the $ nowadays fuck what color your wearin.