PS2 RPGs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
You should focus more on just getting through the first few episodes right now. The characters the game gives you through the story will be better for a while than anything you can make.

Also, pretty much the entire NIS America catalog is worth owning.

Makia Kingdom
Soul Nomad
Phantom Brave
Disgaea I, II, III
La Pucella Tactics (I didn't really like this one)
X Edge

They've also published some good stuff.

Grim Grimoire
Ar Tonelico I, II
Atelier Iris I, II, III
Mana Khemia I, II

+ I really think/hope they'll publish Rorona no Atelier: Arland no Renkinjutsushi.

A new Phantom Brave is also on the way, but for the Wii.

Chances are Trinity Universe might make it's way here too.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-a120-71-bp-49-en-15-Trinity+Universe-84-j-70-3ery.html

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
After reading the reviews for Disgaea2&3 i am actually REALLY excited to play them.. Especially #2! For some reason the story line seems interesting too me.. How Adell teams up with the overlords daughter to kill him.. :) Throw in some humor that i'am gettin in the first one and i'am all over it.. Plus, mid-battle pizza phone ins!

#3 looks really good too.. And it seems like it improved on all the aspects.. :) i've already put 10hours into #1.. I gotta work 2 more days then i got 4 days off.. Say goodbye to any plans i had lol

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Hahaha i love the anime-like humor in this game.. It's spot on :)

I jus got a few laughs in.. Laharl callin Flonne and Etna flat chested.. Scared of the "sexy demons" haha

i love this game.. :) i got work here in an hour.. i was so tempted to call in sick jus so i can finish smokeing this blunt and play some more.. This is my 6th day workin in a row.. Yesterday and 2day are gonna be 12hour days, if i can make it.. But after tommarow night (which will be a 8hour shift) i'll have fuckin a whole 4 days off.. It's been like, 2 years, since i've had 4 days off.. :)

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
And i got some new question..

When will i be able to make ranged characters? Like ones with guns and shit? lol

oh shit jus checked my gamefly and i got Digital Devil Saga 1 on its way.. :) Sorta sucks tho cuz i'am playin Disgaea right now and i know i'am gonna hold off on DDS for a while so its sorta a waste of Game Fly spot.. Oh well.. I got 4 days off, i'll prolly get close to beatin Disgaea by the end of them.. Then i can start DDS right away when im done :)

Fuck i cant wait.. I have high hopes for DDS :)

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Jus spent $80 on some RPGs..

At the moment i got..

Disgaea 1
Disgaea 3
Digital Devil Saga 1
Digital Devil Saga 2
Star Ocean 3
XenoSaga 1
Rogue Galaxy

I'am nearly finished with Disgaea 1.. I'am gonna finish that up then play Digital Devil Saga 1&2.

I'am still lookin for Persona 3&4 and Disgaea 2...

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
its hard to say if you'll like it or not.

ar tonelico's story heavily revolves around being a dating sim. you have to pick a girl in order to expand the story and who you pick effects how the story plays out. also there is several different endings and huge points in difference as to when they occur.

i think it's a good game but I beat the entire thing without dying once. it has a lot of replay value and a fun battle system. 35$ is a real good deal if it's the limited edition with the artbook. if it's just the stand alone game it's not a good deal because you can buy it new for that price.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-a120-71-43-49-en-15-ar+tonelico-84-j-70-2sxf.html

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Yeah Infamy loc i decided to pass that one up..

I've already sunk 25hours into Disgaea.. :) I love the customability.. I'am lvling up hardcore in the item world and i've built a pretty damn good team if i say so myself.. But, i'am havin a hard time rackin mana up and gettin shit passed by the senate.. I guess all in do time it'll be easier.

And now iam about a hour into Digital Devil Saga and i'am lovein the dark story so far and the battle system isn't that bad.. I'am assuming it'll get better the more i lvl up.. But i love grinding already.. And another thing that i think i should note about this game is the music.. It is fucking AMAZING :) The battle music is so kick ass haha makes me feel like i'am actually a bad ass demon stompin foo's

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
its hard to say if you'll like it or not.

ar tonelico's story heavily revolves around being a dating sim. you have to pick a girl in order to expand the story and who you pick effects how the story plays out. also there is several different endings and huge points in difference as to when they occur.

i think it's a good game but I beat the entire thing without dying once. it has a lot of replay value and a fun battle system. 35$ is a real good deal if it's the limited edition with the artbook. if it's just the stand alone game it's not a good deal because you can buy it new for that price.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-a120-71-43-49-en-15-ar+tonelico-84-j-70-2sxf.html

Hmm, sounds very interesting.. I've never played a game with a "dateing sim" in it.. Sure, i've played RPG's with a romance going on (mostly all of them have one) and Star Ocean 4 has a some-what dateing sim thing goin on it..

I'll prolly end up buying it, weather its limited edition or not..

The graphics look amazing.. i love games with 2d/3d graphics like those.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I knew that it revolved a lot around a dateing sim, yes.. We'll see if i can actually enjoy something like that or not when i beat DDS1&2 and actually spend the time trackin down Persona 3&4.

Man, i'am in love with DDS1.. I'am already up to lvl 25 on all my chars.. This game is met for grinders.. I love how easily it is to run into a battle too, gives me more mantra to make my ultimate bad ass demon possible :)

I'am probably gonna finish up Disagae tommarow.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
So far i beat Disgaea and Digital Devil Saga 1.. Right now iam playin XenoSaga (WONDERFUL game) and bout to start Disgaea #3 and Digital Devil Saga 2 after i beat XenoSaga..

I got a quick question for Jake or Dead Blue..

Is there a Nippon Ichi game with a serious story-line? If so i'd really like to pick it up :)

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
They have some that haven't been published in the US that have a serious storyline. Phantom Brave is well worth picking up BTW.

Soul Nomad could have a serious story but I haven't played it enough to really tell.

Just to warn you. Episode II of Xenosaga is really bad, you'll have to force yourself through it. (shitty battle system, horrid character designs) However episode III totally redeems the series.