PS2 RPGs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
:siccness:

and stay far away from Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth.

Also, try Stella Deus for the PS2. I had it, but I couldn't stand the voice acting and some of the commands didn't feel right so I left it alone.
What didn't you like about Hoshigami?

I liked everything about it except the fact you have to press confirm like 8 billion times.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Know of a website that sales cheap p1 games? Amazon? Ebay? I'll look into because i defiantly wanna play a few p1 games again..

Man, after lookin at all the good JRPG's on the ps1+2 i can't help but wonderin what's happenin to the genre now? Theres been little to no good JRPG's released on the 360/p3.. Besides a few like Star Ocean 4, Tales Of Vesperia, LO, few others.. Hope we get some more when the p3 start's comein back eventually, hopefully, maybe?

offtopic: Demon Souls looks sick as fuck.. I hope Atlus does a good job wit' that and makes some good $$ so they can import some more good RPGs this way.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I noticed that too.. Theres tons of RPGs i've been meaning to get on the DS.. But IDK, it seems like i can't really get into 'em playin the DS.. I'll play for an hour and get bored.. Maybe if there was a way to hook my ds up to my HDTV lol..

Maybe if Atlus makes some money on Demon Souls they'll start makein some good RPGs for us again.. That'd be great.. But i have a feeling Demon Soul's is gonna be a sleeper-hit like most Atlus games.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Well Atlus is going to bring over the new SMT game so that's all that matters.

It's currently called "Strange Journey".

I'm glad they brought over Poison Pink to be honest. That other game looks good but you can't have everything. I mean I still wish Bahamut Lagoon, Sieken Densetsu 3 were brought over.

...or Venus & Braves.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Well Atlus is going to bring over the new SMT game so that's all that matters.

It's currently called "Strange Journey".

I'm glad they brought over Poison Pink to be honest. That other game looks good but you can't have everything. I mean I still wish Bahamut Lagoon, Sieken Densetsu 3 were brought over.

...or Venus & Braves.
The thing is people were pleading for a translation before they decided to give us Poison Pink. And although SD3 and BL were never brought over, you can still find patched roms. But Dragon Shadow Spell? I haven't found a FAQ or patch for that yet.

And Strange Journey is weak as hell. All the games from the franchise are weak as hell.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I'am actually really excited in playing Eternal Poison.. I went and picked it up the other day after holding off for so long.. Havn't got a chance to play it thanks to Persona.

I've been really happy with Atlus actually.. Mainly because of SMT games.. But also a lot of good strategy RPG's were released by Atlus.

NIS sorta pissed me off with their shitty release of AR Tonecilo 2.. I mean it had several game ending bugs and wouldn't even play on my ps3 :( i'd probably be have nothing but good things to say about NIS tho if i had a chance to actually play that game lol

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
It's hard to argue with you about RPGs if you don't like SMT games.
What you're saying is the same as telling a customer at iHOP that you can't show them the menu because they don't like pancakes. Pancakes aren't the only thing for breakfast, nor does iHOP represent the best in breakfast.Thats foolishness. JRPG's aren't the end all, and if they were, that lineup would DEFINITELY not be the best representative of the genre.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
If it was up to Persona 3 to represent how great JRPG's are i wouldn't doubt that it'd do just that.. But the thing is Persona breaks the mold, and isn't like most JRPG's, or RPGs in general so you can't really use it to represent the genre as a whole..

All the SMT games i've played (DDS1 and breifly 2 along with P3 and breifly 4) have been great.. But i'am REALLY REALLY into darker more mature RPG's so that's why i have that opinion.. Most JRPG's are exactly the oppisite so i can understand why people won't share that opinion with me..

Idk, you may not go to IHOP to get the pancakes but you do play RPG"s to have a good time, and that's what SMT has given me.. So has Nippon Ichi tho i havn't been disapointed with any of their tactical rpg's that i've played either.. Then again i've only delved into 'em briefly besides Disgaea 1&3.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
If it was up to Persona 3 to represent how great JRPG's are i wouldn't doubt that it'd do just that.. But the thing is Persona breaks the mold, and isn't like most JRPG's, or RPGs in general so you can't really use it to represent the genre as a whole..
Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest. These represent the best jrpg's and can be proven by units sold, installed fan base, reviews, etc. However, it seems that Dead Blue is of the belief that one must like the SMT series in order to hold an opinion about, or to like, rpg's and jrpg's and this is not the case.

All the SMT games i've played (DDS1 and breifly 2 along with P3 and breifly 4) have been great.. But i'am REALLY REALLY into darker more mature RPG's so that's why i have that opinion.. Most JRPG's are exactly the oppisite so i can understand why people won't share that opinion with me..
And from my perspective the one's I played have been very shitty, and the shittiness started with Persona and Shin Megami Tensei. The so-called "dark" theme didn't turn me off because when you dig deep enough, a lot of rpg's have "dark" or "occult" references and symbolism going on even when it has a colorful coat of paint.
Idk, you may not go to IHOP to get the pancakes but you do play RPG"s to have a good time, and that's what SMT has given me..
That is great for you.

So has Nippon Ichi tho i havn't been disapointed with any of their tactical rpg's that i've played either..Then again i've only delved into 'em briefly besides Disgaea 1&3.
Keep playing them.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
What you're saying is the same as telling a customer at iHOP that you can't show them the menu because they don't like pancakes. Pancakes aren't the only thing for breakfast, nor does iHOP represent the best in breakfast.Thats foolishness. JRPG's aren't the end all, and if they were, that lineup would DEFINITELY not be the best representative of the genre.
I wasn't saying I wouldn't show you the menu, I was saying I wouldn't expect us to see eye to eye.

As a member of the siccness you should know well that units sold does not mean a great product.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Fuck wasted 30mins climbing Tartarus then i got ambushed because i accidently ran into 1 of my teammates while trying to ambush another char.. Then after that they kept knocking me down and my teammates wouldn't use Me Parta to pick me up even tho i know 1 of 'em have it.. Then after that i loaded up went back and played thru the whole thing got a lil further then the same thing happened again.. I happen to have Jack Frost out when i got ambushed and it happen to be a bunch of fire useing magic hand things lol.. Games so fun tho if i didn't have to up at 7am i'd load it back up and play thru again..

Guess i'll jus have to wake up an hour earlie and get down lol.. I think i'am done coppin RPGS until i atleast finish Persona 3&4.. I'll prolly play Digital Devil Saga 2 somewhere inbetween or after P4.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Fuck, you wern't kidding when you said Persona 3 is an addicting game.. I really enjoy the sim part of the game, and oddly enough, i like the dungeon crawling part even more.. Which is why i'am really lookin foward to playing "The Answer" afterwords.. Only thing i'am sort of disapointed with is the story, i'am a sucker for epic storylines with drawn out cutscenes and dramatic plot twists which is something i felt Persona 3 was sorta lacking, but it defiantly made up in gameplay.. Very refreshing RPG.. I got 3 more weeks *spoiler* 'till i gotta make my descision with death *end spoiler*..

I also got Persona 4, but i don't think i'am gonna hop right on that game after beating P3.. I really wanna play a story-driven RPG atm..

btw anyone here play Growlanser Generations?? That's tha new game i'am on the search for :)

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Yeah i bought that game recently but it dosn't play on 80gig ps3's for some odd-reason.. Sorta like AR Tonelico II didn't, almost wasted $45 good thing i read a few reviews on it before i purchased.. But i had already boughten Star Ocean 3 before i learned it wouldn't work.. I'm still gonna hand onto it jus incase i find a cheap ps2 sometime later down the road.

I got 31 more days till i face Nyx in Persona 3.. But curiousity is starting to get the best of me and i really have been patiently waiting to play Rogue Galaxy so i might pop that game in before i go bed tonight and see what its all about for a lil bit.. If its no good i'll prolly move onto XenoSaga 2 after i beat P3 this weekend..

Btw i played Dragon Quest VII and i didn't like it too much.. It reminded me too much of the RPGs i used to play on the Game Boy, well, not the graphics just the way the storys told and the story itself.. Then again i only played it for a few hours, i'll give it another try im sure.