PS2 RPGs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
I feel like i missed out on a lot of later RPG's that came out on the PS2.. Right now i'am comprising a list of RPG's i wanna get and eventually play thru on my PS3.. I know theres not a lot of RPG players on the Sicc but i'd figure i'd get the opinions of those who do play 'em..

Here's What I Got So Far (in no order) -

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (probably most excited about this game..)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2

Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shadow Hearts: From The New World

Persona 3 (heard this game is really hard to get tho..)
Persona 4 (Really lookin foward to playin this one..)

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII (have read mixed reviews about this one..)

I'd be set with RPG's for a while if i bought all of these lol.. That's why i'am really trying to narrow the list to maybe 3-4 good RPG's for now.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
rogue galaxy (dont see too many talk about this one...awesome game)
valkyrie profile 2
grandia 2
suikoden 3
suikoden 4
xenosaga
star ocean
dark cloud 2
tales of symphonia

strategy rpgs:
La Pucelle: Tactics
disgaea
disgaea 2

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I feel like i missed out on a lot of later RPG's that came out on the PS2.. Right now i'am comprising a list of RPG's i wanna get and eventually play thru on my PS3.. I know theres not a lot of RPG players on the Sicc but i'd figure i'd get the opinions of those who do play 'em..

Here's What I Got So Far (in no order) -

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga (probably most excited about this game..)
Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2

Shadow Hearts
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shadow Hearts: From The New World

Persona 3 (heard this game is really hard to get tho..)
Persona 4 (Really lookin foward to playin this one..)

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII (have read mixed reviews about this one..)

I'd be set with RPG's for a while if i bought all of these lol.. That's why i'am really trying to narrow the list to maybe 3-4 good RPG's for now.
Whatever you do, please play these games in this order:

DDS1
DDS2
P3FES
P4

Playing them in any other order may take away from the next game. I would also suggest playing something else between each game so you don't get burned out.

Other RPGs I recommend:

Xenosaga I II III
Y's Ark of Napishtim (very old school Zelda like)
Shining Tears
Grandia III
Disgaea (if you like this, NIS entire catalog is good!)
Valkyrie Profile I (PSX) II
Ar Tonelico (if you like the Dating Sim elements from Persona 3 & 4)
Star Ocean 3

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
BTW P3 is really easy to obtain, just get FES, it's the old game with new features plus an additional after story game.

Keep in mind that P3 will suck your life away and it takes over 90 hours to complete.

Also, I think you may be better to buy a cheap PS2 & swap magic and just download the games. In addition to the obvious benefit of the games being free you'll also have access to the far superior versions of the P3 & 4 (including P3 Undub Remix).

Oh and I can't believe no one mentioned it. You need Odin Sphere!

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Whoa Whoa.. So many RPGs that i haven't played.. I know i got rid of my ps2 way too earlie..

There's are the 4 games ill prolly pick up tommarow -

DDS1
DDS2
P3FES
P4

and i'll probably pick up one more to play inbetween.. Either Dragon Quest 8 or Xenogears.. Are any of the games u guys listing hard to find? Because once i got my mind set on something i don't stop 'till i get it and i dont wanna have to go buy off ebay lol..

I'am holding out on Valkyre Profile for now because u said one of the games costs an arm and a leg and is hard to find.. So i'll wait till i can find a mod for that one and 'till i get the p3 Valkyrie Profile in my hands.

Aug 7, 2003
xenogears is pretty rare, i think i seen it on ebay going for $50+ couple of years back, so its probably worth more now.

one of the few rpgs i actually remember, which means its good

whoa, that shit is going for around $100. i got the OG one, not the greatest hits editon. same with FF 7 and i even got the strategy guide for that game (borrowed it from my friend and never gave it back). those together are worth $$$$

Jun 11, 2004
years ago i was a final fantasy whore. final fantasy X was pretty good if not a little cheesy. Final fantasy X-2 was some wierd japanese spice girls shit, good rpg but too heavy on the teeny bopper estrogen. Final fantasy XII had an amazing mature epic story and characters, but the combat and skill leveling system blowed pole. those are my two cents on those games.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Shit i might have to hold off on the Degital Devil Saga's then because i dont got $100 to spend atm.. Guess i'll cop Persona 3&4, Star Ocean 3, Odin Sphere, and maybe Dragon Quest 8 or something.