PS2 RPGs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Fuck i hate haveing an 80gig ps3.. Jus spent $30 on Growlanser Generations and come to find out it dosn't work on the 80 gig ps3... On the bright side i found out playsation.com will tell you which games work and don't work on the 80 gig ps3 so this problem won't happen again... That's the 2nd game, 3rd if you count AR Tonelico II, but atleast that one i didn't open and was able to get my money back on.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Ok.. Picked up a few more games for real cheap today.. Read up on some reviews but i still got some questions about a few of the games.. Im sure some of you here *cough*deadblueandjake*cough* can help me out here?

Magna Carta: Blood Tears - Picked this one up mainly because of the story line.. Do i need to play the p/c version of Magna Carta I to get the most of this game? and is it really as linear as most reviews make it out to be?? I mean a good plot is cool, but i really like being able to interact in my RPGs.. I didn't read in any reviews about this game having multiple endings so idk.. But most reviews said it was very linear so im assumeing not.. Oh well, paid $4.99 for it.

Shadow Hearts: Covenant - This game i have really high hopes for.. But i never played the first Shadow Hearts so idk if i'am gonna get the most out of it.. I been lookin for Shadow Hearts 1 but its impossible to find offline.. I'am really interested in the battle system on this game.. I was also wonderin if the plot was good, i heard it was, and that the setting is very dark, which i like in RPGs.. Buuuuuut, i also heard, that one of the bosses was a giant vicious, mean, fluffy, pink, cat! Then again its a JRPG i shouldnt be surprised..

Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter - I know the story is suppose to be really dark-themed, but i was wondering if the plot actually held up in this game.. And i'am very interested in the battle system, is it as fun as it looks?

:) building up quite the collection.. I'am so surprised how many good RPG's i missed on the ps2.. I knew i should've kept my ps2 longer, when i went to the xbox i sorta fell out on playing RPGs cuz the xbox RPG library sucks.. I havn't played a next-gen game for like 1 1/2 - 2months now.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I never got around to shelling out the cash for the LE of Magna Carta like I wanted to so I don't have an opinion. Part 2 is coming to the 360 soon though.

I've always stayed away from Shadow Hearts and haven't played BoF since PS days, but back then the games were cool.

Have you picked up Shadow of the Colossus yet?

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Yeah i see that Part II is comeing in oct i think.. But ill prolly be playing Demon Souls by then so idk it might take a bit till i get to actually playing that game.. It sorta came to mind today when i saw it there, it was for like $7 too.. I might go pick it up next week or something tho.. Really interested in the plot that all the reviews boast about..

Shadow Hearts is an RPG i've been lookin for for awhile now.. I really wanted to play #1 before i copped the others.. Oh well, everyone says Covenant is the best in the searies anyways.. And BoF: Dragon Quarter's turn based/tactical battle system looks different, i really wanna give that game a try.. But the save system sounds very, very, unforgiveing.. And i'am a save freak lol.

And no i havnt picked up SoC.. Even if i did it might be awhile till i could actually play it; really into an RPG-craze right now, experinceing all the games i missed on the ps2.. So far i've beaten DDS1, Xenosaga 1, Persona 3:FES (not the answer), and Disgaea 1.. And i'am pretty far into Rogue Galaxy right now, after that i think i'am gonna either play XenoSaga 2 or MS Saga, which iam pretty happy gamefly had it so i didn't have to hunt it down on ebay.

May 13, 2002
I liked DS1 but haven't played 2 yet. A lot of people didn't like part 1. I'm really not sure why? I think Jake and Heresy both thought it sucked.

they thought digital devil saga sucked ? lol.

both of them are probably my fav ps2 rpg's.

i like the whole demon/occult dark ass shit.

:devious:

anyway good thread folkz.