Poll: Are CD's really dying? What do you think?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

What format do you listen to music in?

• Mp3 - All digital baby!

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • CD's - I like to have the physical disc!

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • A mix of Mp3's and CD's

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters
Mar 21, 2005
www.myspace.com
Do you listen to music on CDs, Mp3's, or both? Some say CD's are dying, some people still love them... I am curious to hear from artists out there on how they are planning to release their new albums. I am planning on releasing an album this summer and wanted to get some feedback on how the siccness fam likes to buy/listen to their music. Tell me what you think...

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
I dont think that CD's are dead yet because there iz still some people that dont even fuck with computers because they might be too broke, so they only have CD's.

I got CD's and MP3's.but i always convert my CD's to MP3 because they get scratched eazily.

Oct 20, 2008
MP3's are convenient with all the new stereos in cars now. You can carry 100+ albums in the palm of your hand. But really I buy music off the touch and then burn it to CD cause my player is a bit older.

Aug 20, 2003
I JUST PRESSED UP MY SOLO ALBUM.THERE STILL IS A MARKET FOR CD'S.BUT WHAT I SEE IN THE FUTURE ARE MORE CD/DVD COMBO'S.IT MIGHT GET TO THE POINT IN 5-10 YEARS WHEN YOU HAVE TO ADD SOMETHING EXTRA JUST 2 SELL A CD.DIGITAL IS THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE WE AT EVILSIDE RECORDS HAVE ALL OUR RECORDS ON ITUNES AND OTHER ONLINE RETAILERS.YOU GOTTA ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES....

Sep 6, 2006
i like to download mp3s and if the song/album is tight then i will buy the cd for my collection... so for me its both

VENOM

Sicc OG
Nov 14, 2005
www.Siccness.Net
Even though I listen to both medias. CDs are dying quickly. I see the winds of change are blowing in the direction of all Digital. Digital does not skip. Digital is as many copies as you want to make forever. It is totally logical and the best way. I can't wait till there is no disc at all. When you buy music it will be all digital including the artwork and liner notes.

Digital is the Future.

Period....

Mar 21, 2005
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the feedback and votes on the poll everyone! It is good to hear your opinions. What do you CD people think of those new Digi-Packs? DP's are those folder-type packaging for CD's that are less bulky than the classic Jewel cases. I think that the Digipack are more futuristic, but I was worried that some consumers might think that they are cheesy. I am contemplating between the two (DP's and Jewel cases) for my future releases...

Sep 6, 2006
i like the jewel case, i guess cuz ive been collecting since the 90s and im just used to them and plus when i want to find a certian cd i can look through my cd rack and easily find watever album i want to listen to...

Jan 9, 2009
those digipacks are cheesy.. and overpriced

id only use that if i was giving it away at a specific event and it was a collab with another label/company/crew etc because they look dope as fuck.

cd's are dying. so is paper money.
one world currency coming soon

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
to me cd are a dying breed like cassetes and VHS ( i still have a few of those lol ) but seriously cd's get fucked up real easy and it doesnt even have to be from user error..dirt, the eye laser etc. cd's arent meant for longevity..i dont even have a cd that comes with me outside the house and even then shit doesnt get played at the house either...we live in a digital world now...i still hate itunes lol....my strategy really these days consists of buying the physical disc for a single reason.....

1. im a huge fan of booklets and cover art/photography

once they get it to where they can include a digital booklet/art with it then im locked and cd's are no more..i use my ipod/ usb in the car..i have music/movies streamed from my pc to ps3/360 even internet radio beats the hell out of the car radio..everything is digital.i do go out and support the artist buying cd's/dvds at my local rasputin... but i can tell you i have over 50 cd's that have never been out of case and another 25 that are still wrapped in plastic

ive seen a huge amount of music stores shut down because they are basically dinosaurs

i agree 100 on the paper currency is fazing out to, just look around everything can be purchased by plastic and soon you'll be paying by a fingerprint scanner...

Mar 21, 2005
www.myspace.com
Good points MysticOracle. Would you want a digital version of the artwork with the downloads, or would you want a physical copy of the artwork sent to you? So does anyone notice the difference in sound quality between the mp3 and the CD's?

May 25, 2005
^^i cant agree with cds getting fucked up real easy..i know dudes who it happens too, but they are also very irresponsible, and loose keys, money, went through 3 or 4 walkmans a year too...i still have burnt cds from 10 years ago that work perfectly, no scratches, no warping nothing...just gotta be careful...

Jul 9, 2007
I say both also. I love having actual discs and covers but I don't like lugging around a big ass case of em when I can put em all on my mp3 player an put it in my pocket. Plus I've had hella cds get lost or jacked over the years now I can keep all my originals in a safe place in my house an never have to trip off having any cds actually in my car.

1God

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2010
If I love the album, I always like to have the actual thing in my hands, but on another note, CDs are dying.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think cds are 50/50. They are dieing because you can download single tracks now from many different sources legally. The issue with cds is 80% of the shit out right now is garbage and not work spending hard earned money on when only 5 of 18 tracks are good. Now that other 20% is quality music worth spending money on and purchasing the cd. I personally like owning the cds as digital sources are not reliable. My ipod has gone through the wash and POOF all my music gone. Or I have had a hard drive fry on my computer in the past and didnt feel like going through the hassle of trying to save data. I had alot of my music on CDs still tucked away in my good old 240 CD case. I just re ripped the songs. That has to be my issue with digital music, once you buy it online you do not get unlimited downloads. If you loose it you have to buy it digitally again.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
I say both also. I love having actual discs and covers but I don't like lugging around a big ass case of em when I can put em all on my mp3 player an put it in my pocket. Plus I've had hella cds get lost or jacked over the years now I can keep all my originals in a safe place in my house an never have to trip off having any cds actually in my car.
exactly. But if you have something go wrong with your digital copy you can re rip them. Imagine if you only had digital copies?