Police Raid X-Raided Jail Cell; Phone, MP3 Recorder Discovered

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2008
Police Raid X-Raided Jail Cell; Phone, MP3 Recorder Discovered
Friday, February 12, 2010 5:00 PM

By Roman Wolfe

Pleasant Valley State Prison officials recently raided the jail cell of incarcerated X-Raided and found a digital cell phone and a WAV/MP3 recorded in his possession.

X-Raided, born Anerae Brown, was arrested and convicted along with four others, for the 1992 murder of a rival gang member’s mother.

Lyrics from his 1995 album Xorcist were used against him during his trial, resulting in his conviction of gang related homicide in 1996.

He was sentenced to 31-years in prison. His contraband was discovered after a state employed laundry room supervisor was accused of smuggling contraband into the prison.

A confidential informant told officials of the contraband in the rapper’s jail cell.

Prison guards found a Roland R-09HR WAV/MP3 Recorded hidden insides an Arts in Corrections Keyboard.

They also found a Nokia cell phone, a charger and an extra battery hidden inside of two typewriter cartridges.

Inmates are found in possession of phones on a regular basis and it is not a crime, but a minor infraction, according to the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitations rules and regulations, an issue that prison officials are presently working hard to change.

"It’s a big problem for us (CDCR) with budget cuts and furlough days, having state employees willing to being inmates contraband for money. It’s happening now more than ever,” a prison guard stated under the condition of anonymity.

Over the years, Brown has managed to release dozens of albums from prison, including The Unforgiven Volume 1: In The Beginning.

In 1999, a prison guard at the Salinas Valley State Prison was eventually fired for his role in smuggling recording equipment in for Brown.

In late 2008, X-Raided announced he would be releasing a new series of Unforgiven mixtapes, along with another full length album titled Eternally Unforgiven.

May 9, 2002
i think they used both Psycho Active and Xorcist against him in trial because he recorded Xorcist when he was still locked up in Sac County jail if im not mistaken.
That makes no sense. If he was locked up in county, then he was going through the trial. Not to mention, there is a song called "25-to-life" on Xorcist. Wouldn't make much sense ot have that on there if he was still in county now would it?

Psycho Active was used against him court, NOT Xorcist. This has been known since, well, 1996.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
That makes no sense. If he was locked up in county, then he was going through the trial. Not to mention, there is a song called "25-to-life" on Xorcist. Wouldn't make much sense ot have that on there if he was still in county now would it?

Psycho Active was used against him court, NOT Xorcist. This has been known since, well, 1996.
he released his 2nd album Xorcist during the time when he was on trial and then they gave him 31 years to life after his trial,so he recorded "25 to life" before they sentenced him.they used both albumz against him in court.

May 9, 2002
he released his 2nd album Xorcist during the time when he was on trial and then they gave him 31 years to life after his trial,so he recorded "25 to life" before they sentenced him.they used both albumz against him in court.
So you're telling me that in the middle, or near the END, of the trial, they brought in Xorcist to use against him? That doesn't sound right at ALL to me. Do you have proof to back this up? I have never heard that any album other than Psycho Active was used against him.

The reason the album was brought into trial in the first place was becuase of the gun used on the cover, which was suspected to be used in the murder.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
So you're telling me that in the middle, or near the END, of the trial, they brought in Xorcist to use against him? That doesn't sound right at ALL to me. Do you have proof to back this up? I have never heard that any album other than Psycho Active was used against him.
i saw it on Fox 40 news when he first released Xorcist. i doubt they showed it on the local news station where u live at.,,,,,when he released his second album the district attorney brought it into court as evidence.

May 9, 2002
i saw it on Fox 40 news when he first released Xorcist. i doubt they showed it on the local news station where u live at.
Thats great, but that proves nothing other than " i saw it 14 years ago, so it is the truth".

For all you know, the news got it wrong as well. They get shit wrong all the time, especially when it has anything to do with hip-hop.

Nov 14, 2008
IT WAS PSYCHO ACTIVE,THE SONG STILL SHOOTING THAT WAS USED AGAINST HIM,MAINLY THE PART WHERE HE SAYS

"I'M KILLIN MOMMAS,DADDYS, AND NEPHEWS,I'M KILLIN SONS,DAUGHTERS,AND SPARIN YOU"

THAT WAS THERE MAIN THING RIGHT THERE MAKIN IT SEEM LIKE HE WAS A MURDERER....