Police Brutality

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2004
Sicc,
Post up some of the stories you know about involving police brutality.
I'm taking a speech class in college and I need a topic, I think police brutality and the under-punished cops who did the crime would be an interesting and controversial topic.
Plus, if I got to do homework, I might as well learn about some shit I'm interested in and making a compelling argument on why I'm right and fuck everyone else. hahah

I'll start us off.

Oscar Grant, I know yall remember that shit.
The cop that did it, Johannes Mehserle, got 2 years with time served counting.
Charged with involuntary manslaughter and will be eligible to get out in a year or so.
2 year sentence for murder... justice?

Dec 2, 2006
Sicc,
Post up some of the stories you know about involving police brutality.
I'm taking a speech class in college and I need a topic, I think police brutality and the under-punished cops who did the crime would be an interesting and controversial topic.
Plus, if I got to do homework, I might as well learn about some shit I'm interested in and making a compelling argument on why I'm right and fuck everyone else. hahah

I'll start us off.

Oscar Grant, I know yall remember that shit.
The cop that did it, Johannes Mehserle, got 2 years with time served counting.
Charged with involuntary manslaughter and will be eligible to get out in a year or so.
2 year sentence for murder... justice?
Johannes Mehserle got 2 years because the DA presented the case incorrectly. The question is, was it on purpose?

Was it a case of protecting their own? Let me lay out the facts and you be the judge....

According to the language as described in California Penal Code section 187, first degree murder occurs when the act of killing was either premeditated or during the commision of a felony (big 8 for you legal buffs).

When assessing these facts, we must first look at the circumstances and events leading up to the shooting. Mr. Grant and company were being detained for an incident related to a physical altercaion on the BART train. At the time, Mr. Grant and his friends were sitting down on the platform complying with the on scene officers' orders and were not seen resisiting. An officer Pirrone walks up and points at Grant. Grant stands up as if to say what did I do. He was then tackled and placed face down on his stomach with 3-4 other officers hovering over him. It does not appear as if he was in a position to reach for a weapon as Mehserle originally stated to fellow officers immediately proceeding the shooting. "I thought he was going for a gun Tony." Was the force necessary to begin with? Tasing an individual is described as being a "torturous" act. Could this act constitute felony assault as described in California Penal Code section 245? The argument easily could be made it does.

Now, was Mehserle's conduct given the facts, unnecessary, reckless and excessive? Did this act result in a homicide? Obviously to obtain a first degree murder conviction the act needs to have been premeditated and I doubt Mehserle intended to kill Grant. But was his conduct within the realm of "reckless behavior" resulting in death as described in a 2nd degree murder given all the facts? This is off the top of my head, but I could easily put together an argument citing statutes and case law to support my position. 2nd degree murder was there, the DA just played us....

The public outcry made it easy for them to mishandle this case and is yet another slap in the face of the people, imo....

Some good points for you to raise in your discussion. It will stir the pot for sure....

Just testing my pimping. I did this in 10 minutes. Trying to work on a skill. Don't mind me.

Rusto

Sicc OG
Nov 2, 2002
Johannes Mehserle got 2 years because the DA presented the case incorrectly. The question is, was it on purpose?

Was it a case of protecting their own? Let me lay out the facts and you be the judge....

According to the language as described in California Penal Code section 187, first degree murder occurs when the act of killing was either premeditated or during the commision of a felony (big 8 for you legal buffs).

When assessing these facts, we must first look at the circumstances and events leading up to the shooting. Mr. Grant and company were being detained for an incident related to a physical altercaion on the BART train. At the time, Mr. Grant and his friends were sitting down on the platform complying with the on scene officers' orders and were not seen resisiting. An officer Pirrone walks up and points at Grant. Grant stands up as if to say what did I do. He was then tackled and placed face down on his stomach with 3-4 other officers hovering over him. It does not appear as if he was in a position to reach for a weapon as Mehserle originally stated to fellow officers immediately proceeding the shooting. "I thought he was going for a gun Tony." Was the force necessary to begin with? Tasing an individual is described as being a "torturous" act. Could this act constitute felony assault as described in California Penal Code section 245? The argument easily could be made it does.

Now, was Mehserle's conduct given the facts, unnecessary, reckless and excessive? Did this act result in a homicide? Obviously to obtain a first degree murder conviction the act needs to have been premeditated and I doubt Mehserle intended to kill Grant. But was his conduct within the realm of "reckless behavior" resulting in death as described in a 2nd degree murder given all the facts? This is off the top of my head, but I could easily put together an argument citing statutes and case law to support my position. 2nd degree murder was there, the DA just played us....

The public outcry made it easy for them to mishandle this case and is yet another slap in the face of the people, imo....

Some good points for you to raise in your discussion. It will stir the pot for sure....

Just testing my pimping. I did this in 10 minutes. Trying to work on a skill. Don't mind me.
Are you in law school? You "IRAC"d that shit out perfectly

Dec 2, 2006
Are you in law school? You "IRAC"d that shit out perfectly
I'm working on a little something education wise, you know what's up. It was a half-ass IRAC, but given I have Criminal Law right now, it just struck a cord because my proffessor is a DA and we bump heads all the time.... Just wanted to step my oral argument game up.lol

Jun 5, 2004
HERES A COOL STORY BRO:

COPS SHOW UP MY BOY'S HOUSE TO ARREST HIM, THEY TAKE HIM OUTSIDE AND HE PUNCHES COP IN THE MOUTH A FEW TIMES AND TRIES TO RUN, THEY CATCH HIM, WHOOP HIS ASS, AND HANDCUFF HIM ON THE BACK OF THEIR CAR.

NEXT MY BOY TAKES OFF RUNNING, HANDCUFFS ON, COP GOES AFTER HIM BUT TRIPS OVER A SPEED BUMP AND EATS SHIT... SO HOMIE MAKES IT ALL THE WAY TO THE CREEK, BUT TRIPS AND FALLS IN, COPS DRAG HIM OUT AND WHOOP HIS ASS 10X AS BAD, THEY STOMPED HIS ASS OUT

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
HERES A COOL STORY BRO:

COPS SHOW UP MY BOY'S HOUSE TO ARREST HIM, THEY TAKE HIM OUTSIDE AND HE PUNCHES COP IN THE MOUTH A FEW TIMES AND TRIES TO RUN, THEY CATCH HIM, WHOOP HIS ASS, AND HANDCUFF HIM ON THE BACK OF THEIR CAR.

NEXT MY BOY TAKES OFF RUNNING, HANDCUFFS ON, COP GOES AFTER HIM BUT TRIPS OVER A SPEED BUMP AND EATS SHIT... SO HOMIE MAKES IT ALL THE WAY TO THE CREEK, BUT TRIPS AND FALLS IN, COPS DRAG HIM OUT AND WHOOP HIS ASS 10X AS BAD, THEY STOMPED HIS ASS OUT
In all honesty...that is a cool story

Apr 30, 2008
hatemachine.us
Comcast had 3 police show up at my house a couple days ago because I told the bitch I was talking to from Comcast that I was gonna drive my car into their building or throw a fuckin pipe bomb in the building if they didn't fix my fuckin cable right fuckin then. Luckily 2 of the 3 cops knew my mom and took the call when the heard it over dispatch. All they did was tell me to take my meds and go to sleep. Being legally schizophrenic has its advantage.

Aug 24, 2003
look up the shooting in everett washington by officer troy meade, who murdered Niles Meservey

the beating of minor Joey Wilson by seattle police

the hate crime against a mexican male by seattle officer Shandy Cobane

look up sheriff deputy Paul Schene who slammed a 15 year old detained girl around in a holding cell and choked her. this incident sparked a firebombing of police cars and the killing of officer Timothy Q. Brenton on halloween 2009

also keep tabs on the seattle shooting of woodcarver John T. Williams by officer Ian Birk

Dec 2, 2006
radio u gonna let 5-dime copy and paste that shit or what?
He can do whatever he wants with it. If he does use it, he needs to edit it. That was a quick breakdown and I how I would shit on any argument the DA borught to the table. The public wanting justice actually ruined any chances of justice being served, imo, and that is why I am educating myself, period....