Open relationships

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
One of my good friend and his girl had an open relationship. For years I thought, damn to have a relationship that open where one does one thing and the other does the other, It had to work but In the end it doesnt work out. Just being an insider looking in I can say they had some really good times together, and I guess they thought the same way. They are still the best of friends and I think its better to be friends than to be nothing at all.

I dont blame my boy tho, if hes chillin at Hugh Heffs mansion doin gigs there, always traveling from the bay to Vegas to SD (beach house in La Holla) to LA on a weekly basis hanging out with everyone that'll spring up on E! news will kind of push it that way....

Wisest words my grandmother ever said to us Boys. There's 50 girls for you to fuck in your lifetime, don't let 1 hold you down....

Nov 21, 2007
Im currently in an open relationship. Me and my ex are very busy people and we see eachother only about once or twice every month and it mostly evolves around just sex. She told me str8 up that she doesnt care what i do she just doesnt wanna hear about it. It works for me just fine.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
I feel that the pressures of commitment and being in an orthodox and typical relationship sometimes ruin something very special between two people. Each relationship with every different girl is different and it all depends on what works for both of us in our situations. People that have an idea in their head of what a relationship should be before they even enter the relationship tend to be dissapointed with the relationship. However, people that go into a relationship with an open mind and accept the fact that they are entering something they cannot logically control or explain tend to have better relationships. I'm just speaking from experience and nothing else...

May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
Many societies practice polygamy, but it seems to be frowned upon in Western culture. I'm not sure how I would deal with that kind of situation, but I feel like it is an option mainly because if you're with an Alpha Male (the kind of man that most women prefer on a primal level), chances are dude is going to get his swerve on regardless.

Mar 4, 2007
Wisest words my grandmother ever said to us Boys. There's 50 girls for you to fuck in your lifetime, don't let 1 hold you down....
...only if it FEELS like that girl is "holding you down"...
i think monogamy happens, and you do what feels right.

I actually always said and believed that i was never goingt o get married, and i let every guy know that...I was always open to the chance that I will fall in love w/ a woman just as much as a man.

So i went from that mentality to evolving a relationship i had with a friend into something more, only because we truly enjoyed talking to eachother and found eachother not wanting to hang up, and having a blast every moment we talked.

I'm still not getting married by law, i stick to my word, we don't need no damn marriage license to officiate our bond.

Jan 31, 2008
^i had a pretty similar experience to the girl i talk to now, like it turned out we had similar inhibitions and similar importance on the freedom to be or express.
some would think that this isnt a sturdy basis to go on, but i will tell you out of respect for one another we maintain a bond just as stronger as any other , if not more.

Mar 4, 2007
^i had a pretty similar experience to the girl i talk to now, like it turned out we had similar inhibitions and similar importance on the freedom to be or express.
some would think that this isnt a sturdy basis to go on, but i will tell you out of respect for one another we maintain a bond just as stronger as any other , if not more.
well i think a sturdy basis consists of respect for yourself, and for the other person(s)(since we are speaking about monogamy vs. polygamy)

i think I fucked your mom is wrong in his generalization about forcing monogamy...how would you describe me and seriouslythug's relationships?

Talus

Sicc OG
May 14, 2002
different types of relationships for different people... society does have a huge influence on our preconception of what a relationship should and is going to be though..
sometimes for the better often for the worse because it puts so mch pressure as to what a relationship "is"

May 9, 2002
well i think a sturdy basis consists of respect for yourself, and for the other person(s)(since we are speaking about monogamy vs. polygamy)

i think I fucked your mom is wrong in his generalization about forcing monogamy...how would you describe me and seriouslythug's relationships?
Humans...are animals. Animals have two things they live for...food and procreate. Many animals mate with one "partner" per year, and have a new one the next.

If humans were meant to be with one person, then people would NOT cheat.

Now, do ALL people cheat? No. I dont. I never have. However, i have had THOUGHTS of cheating. When i jerk off, im not thinking of my lady...but i do love her.

The idea of mongamy is RESTRAINING. Some people are better at it than others. But....it is STILL not "natural" as a generalization of humans, even if their are exceptions.

Nov 24, 2003

LOL

You think wrong.

Humans are opportunistic monogamists AT BEST. Humans are naturally inclined to be in relationships with one another, but we are also programemd with millions of years of evolution telling us to fuck more people lol.

This is simple math here. We are genetic products of our ancestors. If there are two people, once of which is 100% monagomous and 1 is a "cheater".... generally speaking, which person is going to have more offspring? The cheater. That means that over the many many years of evolution the cheaters genes are going to be more succesful, have more offspring, and eventuall spread its DNA throughout the species like a virus.

I don't think hardly anyone educated on the subject would believe that humans are monogamous by nature.

If you are seriously interested in learning more about this stuff read Sperm Wars or The Red Queen. Both are crazy and will totaly fuck with a lot of your preconceived notions about human nature and our social conditioning.

Mar 4, 2007
Humans...are animals. Animals have two things they live for...food and procreate. Many animals mate with one "partner" per year, and have a new one the next.

If humans were meant to be with one person, then people would NOT cheat.

Now, do ALL people cheat? No. I dont. I never have. However, i have had THOUGHTS of cheating. When i jerk off, im not thinking of my lady...but i do love her.

The idea of mongamy is RESTRAINING. Some people are better at it than others. But....it is STILL not "natural" as a generalization of humans, even if their are exceptions.
yes, i see no reason to cheat, because if i am turned on by someone else then i will not be with the other person any longer, which is the reason i've only had one boyfriend before.

i am not turned on by images of people that i do not know well, maybe thats just me though.

I always believed that marriage was just a tool that was used by the government and further pushed by religions to hold social control and a good economy.

But what i am trying to say, that there will always be a scientific explanation to all that there is, and a political one as well, but what about when you know of these things? And what about the fact that you cannot explain how your own belief system entirely changed with a certain person that you met? Can you call it magic? Or is there just another scientific explanation with it?

LOL

You think wrong.

Humans are opportunistic monogamists AT BEST. Humans are naturally inclined to be in relationships with one another, but we are also programemd with millions of years of evolution telling us to fuck more people lol.

This is simple math here. We are genetic products of our ancestors. If there are two people, once of which is 100% monagomous and 1 is a "cheater".... generally speaking, which person is going to have more offspring? The cheater. That means that over the many many years of evolution the cheaters genes are going to be more succesful, have more offspring, and eventuall spread its DNA throughout the species like a virus.

I don't think hardly anyone educated on the subject would believe that humans are monogamous by nature.

If you are seriously interested in learning more about this stuff read Sperm Wars or The Red Queen. Both are crazy and will totaly fuck with a lot of your preconceived notions about human nature and our social conditioning.
oh i understand, and I actually aknowledged that fact LONG LONG ago.

and i wasn't saying that you are monogamous by nature, i'm saying can it be nature for 'anything' to happen?
You can ask my mom for yourself, i told her when i was 14, 15, 16 and 17 that i was never going to get married...That there is no way in hell that i will allow myself to be TIED DOWN by someone.
lol

its just like i said to i fucked your mom, is there a scientific explanation for a relationship that makes you abandon all that you've believed in, without fear of the unknown? How come we must always try to predict what we are scientifically inclined to do?

Ill look up those books to see how much of it talks about what i've already contemplated, and what it can explain, but to tell you the truth, i am a double sagitarrius (moon and sun in sagitarrius), and its never been truer, i am obsessed with freedom and the ability to travel, so if anyone should vouch for the single life, it should be me, but somehow my whole world was flipped upside down with someone i met in a very unconventional way.

Is this all scientifically explained as well?