On-ear/Over-ear headphones?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
Looking for some recommendations for over or on ear headphones, i cant stand the in ear ones they never seem to fit right for a long period of time, especially being in the gym. ill mostly use them in the gym and at home so somerhing i could use both places.

i know theres a few old threads but theres some new headphones i think that maybe some of yall have.ill still review old threads.

looking to spend between 1-300, nothing more but id be sure to go less. and if you want to recommend the beats just skip this thread cuz they are not durable. besides, the new monsters ones sound better and are more durable.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Fuck beats, Audio Technica ATH-M50. Beats are coo for hella bass but that battery shit is crazy. I swear I used too many fucking AAA batteries on those things just cuz of forgetting to leave them on. But if you're going to the gym I wouldn't really recommend them since they are big as fuck, they're great for the studio/DJing and they're collapsable.

You don't want in ear headphones but the Bob Marleys were some coo headphones, I think I had the "people get ready" ones and they were pretty good until I accidently crushed one of the ears. I never fucked with the on/over ear ones tho.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Nov 18, 2010
I want some blutooth earbuds, seen some on kickstarter but they look like hearing aids kinda.
Jaybird ones are pimp despite the price. I've had two pairs of jaybirds and a rockeyfish over-ear pair.

I copped these expensive bluebuds x or whatever. Unfortunately they're not sweatproof enough to shower with em on like the old "JTF3 freedom" pair I had but the sound quality is at least twice as good and battery is like 8 hours.

Here are the rocketfish over ear ones, they cost $40-60 from best buy. I kept blowing the speakers out with Illmatic and returning them til I got a pair that could handle the CD lol

I just hate how you can't lay down with the rocketfish ones unless you got a massive head.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2007
I always knocked these headphones because I assumed that those rubber parts that attach to the speaker would irritate my ear. One day I had no choice because my Apple ear buds broke and had a spare of Samsung ear buds that my sister gave me from her S-4.

Dam was I wrong. Them head phones are NICE! Noise cancelling and all that shit. Plus, they give you several different sizes of them rubber parts to find which one your comfortable with. I'll never cop regular ear buds unless they got them rubber parts on them.

I cant hardly hear anything when I got these headphones on when the music is off. I can hear myself chew.

Last edited: