**Official** HALO REACH thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 9, 2008
Anybody care to explain why i get betrayed on purpose and get NO boot option..Then i go betray the same dude back and get booted?? WTF is that shit? Happened to me twice in a row now!!

STICK

Sicc OG
Jun 24, 2005
Finally ranked up to Captain today. I hadn't played it all week, but was rather playing Halo Wars.

It kind of sucks I wasn't on all week, cuz I could have been working towards the weekly challenge of playing and finishing 50 Firefight matches. Oh well, I'll survive without the credits lol.

pSIX

Sicc OG
Mar 10, 2007
Anybody care to explain why i get betrayed on purpose and get NO boot option..Then i go betray the same dude back and get booted?? WTF is that shit? Happened to me twice in a row now!!
assholes keep betraying me on purpose but when i do that shit on accident during a rocketfight match i get booted. lol

Jul 25, 2007
Ok. I didn't read thru the thread. Last time I played halo was halo 3 and i beat every single halo since its introduction on the first xbox. My question is, is it just me or did this game regress? The graphics are "PC-ish" choppy and not as smooth. What's up with the COD type conversations before hitting a enemy phase. I can definitely feel a difference with gameplay compared to the past halos. Maybe it takes time to get use to but this never happened to me with any halo game but for right now this game fell off like the Game. "Hate it or love it"

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
Ok. I didn't read thru the thread. Last time I played halo was halo 3 and i beat every single halo since its introduction on the first xbox. My question is, is it just me or did this game regress? The graphics are "PC-ish" choppy and not as smooth. What's up with the COD type conversations before hitting a enemy phase. I can definitely feel a difference with gameplay compared to the past halos. Maybe it takes time to get use to but this never happened to me with any halo game but for right now this game fell off like the Game. "Hate it or love it"
Its just you the game is better it has some of the same elements of halo 3 when its classic slayer, the added perks, Jetpack, Hologram, Fast running, Camo, Shield. The graphics are better than halo 3's trust that, I used to play it a lot too. Get used to the controls. Got to Relearn it. The maps are better too, if you played all the halo's I don't see how it has regressed lol. You talking about campaign?

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
this game is kinda cool, i just go to my friends house and play all the xbox exclusives there

lookin' forward to fable 3 LOL

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
That was fucking SICK.

To any Halo hater (doubt they really come into this thread) PLEASE show me another game where you can do something that awesome.
Armored Core. Shooting a helicopter/mech/tank/ an entire planet with a grenade launcher and flying away was a standard for the series.

Now I have some questions for the Halo masters.

1. How long is the campaign for Halo Reach? You're a master so you probably have experience with it. My experience with Halo is playing Halo 3 for like 45 minutes before I took it back to GameStop.

2. I HATE multiplayer. Do I have to play multiplayer to unlock more armor, weapons, gear, etc?

3. Can I pick this game up and play it without knowing anything about the Halo canon/storyline or do I need to play all the other games?

Let me know.

Jun 24, 2005
Armored Core. Shooting a helicopter/mech/tank/ an entire planet with a grenade launcher and flying away was a standard for the series.
Hmm interesting. I might have to check it out.

HERESY said:
Now I have some questions for the Halo masters.

1. How long is the campaign for Halo Reach? You're a master so you probably have experience with it. My experience with Halo is playing Halo 3 for like 45 minutes before I took it back to GameStop.

2. I HATE multiplayer. Do I have to play multiplayer to unlock more armor, weapons, gear, etc?

3. Can I pick this game up and play it without knowing anything about the Halo canon/storyline or do I need to play all the other games?

Let me know.
1. On normal difficulty, the campaign can be anywhere from eight to ten hours I would say. It might take longer for someone not versed in FPS games.

2. You gain credits, which are used for armor, from pretty much anything you do in Halo: Reach. The amounts vary, and a lot of credits can be gained in MP or by completing daily and weekly challenges. Challenges are in all gametypes. in short, playing MP will get you credits faster, but it isn't required. Keep in mind that the armor "upgrades" are strictly cosmetic and have no effect on in-game play.

3. Reach is actually a perfect place to start. It takes place just before the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. If you were so inclined, you could pick up with CE right after finishing Reach. Knowing canon from the other games helps a lot, but I don't think it's necessary to understand the storyline.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Hmm interesting. I might have to check it out.

1. On normal difficulty, the campaign can be anywhere from eight to ten hours I would say. It might take longer for someone not versed in FPS games.

2. You gain credits, which are used for armor, from pretty much anything you do in Halo: Reach. The amounts vary, and a lot of credits can be gained in MP or by completing daily and weekly challenges. Challenges are in all gametypes. in short, playing MP will get you credits faster, but it isn't required. Keep in mind that the armor "upgrades" are strictly cosmetic and have no effect on in-game play.

3. Reach is actually a perfect place to start. It takes place just before the events of Halo: Combat Evolved. If you were so inclined, you could pick up with CE right after finishing Reach. Knowing canon from the other games helps a lot, but I don't think it's necessary to understand the storyline.
Props cuzzo. I have Borderlands and Killzone 2 experience, so I should be ok. 8 to 10 hours is enough considering I'll be playing an hour here and an hour there due to my schedule.

Edit: I'm going to try this out. If it sucks I'm getting my money back and coming for you STICK.

Mar 13, 2003
just copped this game for my son...But i'll be playing it too, so any of ya'll 360 peeps wanna get a match goin hit me up! ya'll know the gamer tag!