Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 17, 2004
He's probably being sarcastic but that shit is still funny. With the way things are going for them we should expect them to respond like that. Also I'm pretty sure this square ass Bill Clintons nephew lookin ass Steve Rifkind has dealt with this kind of backlash from any of those groups he put on so I doubt he would stray away. theres too much money involved. I seriously doubt these kids could stay indie with how much damn attention they are getting anyway, there is just too huge of a cash cow here to not capitalize on it and it would almost be worthless to do all of this to gain all this attention and not take a huge shit on top of the industry.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
They're most likely holding out for a No Limit/Cash Money type of deal, i.e. full creative control, ownership of masters etc. Which is kind of unheard of these days but as big as their buzz is I think if anyone can get another deal like that, it's them.

Apr 7, 2006
Aside from interviews and overly analytical breakdowns(which = TL;DR usually) these write ups are starting to get repetitive and I usually just skim them. This touched on the business aspect of them tho(it is billboard after all) so that was cool.
I know what you mean, but I manage to check whatever interviews there are. Always happens to be something that hasn't been touched on in another article/interview.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
damn.
so do these niggas even wanna be on a major? sounds like they are content on being indie and have a cult following. kind of disappointing imo because mainstream rap needs a change and these niggas are the ones to do it.
you're only independent til you major, one way or another. Whether you create your own label and get a distro deal or sign with a major. It eventually happens to all artists with a following it seems like.

I think their videos really help put them out there. Their music is cool but their videos are really impressive to me. Eerie and tight

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
damn.
so do these niggas even wanna be on a major? sounds like they are content on being indie and have a cult following. kind of disappointing imo because mainstream rap needs a change and these niggas are the ones to do it.
But if they don't let them have creative control, nothing like this is going to happen, right? And I don't see any label letting Tyler have VCR as a lead single to his first album if that album had been released on a major. No fucking way.

Which is somewhat odd to me because at this point, while there will no doubt be a furious backlash from all sorts of "interest groups", from the feminists to the Catholic church, against such a record (I can even imagine a Dan Quayle-like, "There is no place in this society for a record like this" moment), it will generate the kind of controversy that will drive sales like crazy and that labels have been desperately trying to generate for countless artists with much less talent for years.

On the other side, the target audience that buy records these days does not overlap very much with the target audience that isn't going to be put off by rape fantasies, so the labels may well do have a good reason not to let them do it....

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
If they don't get a deal with a major they can continue to do it like indie rock bands and sign 1-3 album contracts with smaller labels who will meet those demands, their following has gotten this big from the internet and word of mouth alone. Not being on Tv or the radio wouldn't stop their movement in the slightest. Reminds me of NWA. Major labels need odd future more than they need major labels at this point.