Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
ha ha...

My dude..I'm telling you....PLAYERS WANT OUT!

Nnamdi is one of them.....he's a free agent...he can go anywhere where he pleases...

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
ha ha...

My dude..I'm telling you....PLAYERS WANT OUT!

Nnamdi is one of them.....he's a free agent...he can go anywhere where he pleases...
until you provide me with sources (other than what Lechler said) your speculation means nothing

for the 5th time today... STOP MAKING THINGS UP!

Jul 29, 2002
Raiders confirm: Asomugha contract voided
By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, January 9th, 2011 at 10:45 am in Oakland Raiders.

The deal us undone.

Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha will be a free agent, his contract voiding after failing to meet a number of likely-to-be-earned incentives in 2010.

“The contract is voided but we have to wait on all the ramifications of the CBA before we really move on from there,” Raiders senior executive John Herrera said Sunday morning.

The contract would not have voided, according to one league source, had Asomugha recorded an interception or sack. Another trigger was fumble recoveries, of which Asomugha had none.

Asomugha joins a large list of players not under contract through 2011, although it won’t be known until a collective bargaining agreement is reached between the NFLPA and ownership which ones will be completely free to leave.

There will be no player movement until a CBA is reached.

As Raiders free safety Michael Huff noted in his Twitter account, “Looks like Nnamdi is on the market . . . so he’s a free agent. I’m a free agent and routt is a free agent. This is gonna be interesting.”

Had Asomugha met a likely-to-be-earned incentive, the Raiders would have had the option of keeping him for another season at a minimum of $16.8 million (or the the average of the top five quarterbacks in the NFL, whichever was higher).

If the new CBA has a salary cap of any kind, it could have made it difficult to keep Asomugha at that kind of money when they have so many other free agents are on the market.

Other players’ whose contracts expire include defensive end Richard Seymour, guard Robert Gallery, tight end Zach Miller, running back Michael Bush, defensive tackle John Henderson.

Miller and Bush would only be unrestricted free agents if a new CBA allows for four-year players to be declared as unrestricted.

If a franchise or transition tag is included in a new CBA, the Raiders would be able to restrict movement, as they did with Seymour last season and Asomugha following the 2008 season.

The Asomugha story was originally reported by ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Dec 4, 2006
Mava fuck Ass Smith...he wont be a 49er next season...that's a fact!

Clements might become a Safety ...

Meta ...c'mon bro....what Lechler said was the truth...the ripple it's really happening....y'all in denial...

Sep 29, 2003
i want the best for nnamdi.....i feel kinda bad because he has spent so long with the Raiders and always stayed so positive, and sorta got rewarded with a decent season.....

MAVA

Sicc OG
Jul 18, 2005
www.gifsoup.com
Mava fuck Ass Smith...he wont be a 49er next season...that's a fact!

Clements might become a Safety ...

Meta ...c'mon bro....what Lechler said was the truth...the ripple it's really happening....y'all in denial...
The Bay ain't really cooking and no one outside of the area ain't checking for the 9ers or Raiders just sayin'

Jan 4, 2003
I think he would be makin 25 mil next season which is why they wanted to void this contract.. First Charles Woodson, now Aso.. fuck man just pay tha man! we overpay on rookie experiments like Russell and DHB, why not just overpay for a proven player who has lots of pride and nothing but good character.. Hopefully they'll workout some other type of deal with him... if any team was to pursue him Im afraid it would be tha new york jets.. him and revis would be deadly

Jan 4, 2003
Ras the void was automatic. there was no choice by the raiders to release him. it was in the contract.
right on for pointing that out..

damnit

"Asomugha played fewer snaps in 2010 than 2009, and made fewer big plays. That voided the deal. So Asomugha’s quieter season works against the Raiders in a few ways.

The Raiders can’t stop Asomugha from leaving if he wants to go. The contract also says they can’t use the franchise or transition tag on him."

so theres still a possibility of a new contract being re-worked and him remaining a Raider.. I think he would be down to remain here if we can get Seymour locked up as well.. but who knows.. he's proven he's tha best and plenty of teams will throw big $$ @ him

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
He avoided getting a pick a sack and a fumble recovery for a reason lmao.

really tho, he dont wanna be a raider, and ppl saying the niners cant afford him, they have plenty of cap space, the past 3 years they have had an average of 15-20 mil in space yearly

Jan 12, 2006
LOL @ Nnamdi purposely missing games and taking plays off to become a free agent!! if that doesnt let you know he doesnt want to be a raidturd then i dont know what will. 49ers need to give Nnamdi that 80+million contract. We gave one to the moron clements so why not do it with asomugha. Also our owner did say money is not an issue.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
zero chance nnam goes to the faggot ass niners. if he wants money, we'll give him more than any other team will. if he wants to play on a super bowl contender, that definitely isn't frisco hahahaha