Nnamdi Asomugha contract voided

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 29, 2002
I wonder what went down.....thought he would be kept atleast until his contract was fulfilled.....then again faggot ass Adam Schefter reported this...

Sep 29, 2003
he probably voiced his displeasure with cable leaving

he was our best player, not just in terms of skill-set but as a teammate.....i am preparing to be 0-16 next year

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
the most revis could get with his holdout was around 10 million a year. nobody would have gone for that trade and have to pay nearly 17 million for 1 year.

I wonder if lechler and janikowski could be next. both also got record contracts for their positions.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
the most revis could get with his holdout was around 10 million a year. nobody would have gone for that trade and have to pay nearly 17 million for 1 year.

I wonder if lechler and janikowski could be next. both also got record contracts for their positions.
Some1 would pay that. It's only 1 year. Revis was totally different he was restricted fa

Dec 15, 2003
Neither Nnamdi nor the Raiders voided the contract. The contract was automatically voided due to Nnamdi not meeting stipulations in the contract. He had to improve on interceptions, fumble recoveries, etc... etc... he didn't do this and his contract is voided. What many people are failing to realize is that Nnamdi was set to make the average of the top 5 QUARTERBACKS! Which is too much if you ask me. He had the most ridiculously structured contract I ever heard of.

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.SICCNESS.NET
Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha's contract voided and he will be allowed to become a free agent without the Oakland Raiders being able to use their franchise tag on him, according to an NFL Players Association document.

Asomugha’s deal included a little-known clause that said his contract would void if he didn’t achieve his not-likely-to-be-earned incentives in 2010 -- and he didn'’t.

His contract also contained a stipulation that if he didn’t achieve his incentives, the Raiders would agree not to designate him their franchise or transition player.

To achieve his incentives, Asomugha had to play in a greater number of defensive plays in 2010 than he did in 2009, and this season Asomugha played in only 14 games whereas he played in all 16 in 2009.

He also could have achieved his incentives by improving upon on his interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season -- but he didn't have any interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season.

He will be the top defensive player available whenever free agency begins.

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
so we didn't void, we just set up the contract in a way that the final optional year would never be picked up. nnam was never going to see much improvement on interceptions and fumble recoveries.

either way it was still a stupid move by al, just like firing cable.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
so we'll use the money we saved to overpay some free agents that don't really want to be on our team....fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu

things were looking so promising at the end of the final game against the chiefs. my frustration level as a fan is making me not even want to watch pro football anymore.