NINERS VS TEXANS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Niners VS Texans

• NINERS

Votes: 34 61.8%
  • TEXANS

Votes: 21 38.2%

• Total voters
Dec 4, 2006
only reason smith shined is because the texans were not prepared for a qb change, i doubt he will ever be consistently good. second, i agree with fatal, we need to draft a qb. bradford ftw, especially since he's gonna drop
actually no it wasn't that...Smith been training and trying to get better..that's why he did good..

Like someone else said in here, I'm not really buying into him either. I need to see him in 2 or 4 more games and put points on the board for the team whether we win or lose, and that's the only way I'll be able to say he's a reliable QB for the 49ers.

Jun 23, 2002
^^you serious? you dont think the qb change had ANYTHING to do with how well smith did, then you dont know shit about football.

im almost in shock at how dumb you made yourself look right now. also, anyone who thinks smith is going to all of sudden become our qb 'again' due to hard work in practice is a fucking moron or has a real short memory

Dec 4, 2006
how does a QB change gonna affect a game though? they play under the same playing routes for every QB in a team.....

Smith came in and connected with the players he's been practicing with...

but like I said..I'm still not buying into him and I never said he gonna come and there make it happen.

but yeah...you know more about football..fill me in (no homo)

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I don't want to take anything away from Alex Smith because I called him a bust in the past but yesterday he did look good. He was decisive and accurate, I think the qb change did catch Houston off guard because they didn't prepare to face Smith but you still gotta give Smith credit because he almost brought them back. Plus the 49ers called plays out of the spread formation (who would of ever expected that, great adjustment by the Niner coaches). They did have a chance to tie but he got picked off in the end.

Let's see how Smith does these next few weeks....

Jun 23, 2002
i thought it was common knowledge that a qb change affects the defenses performance. a team studies film all week on a particular qb, the throws he makes, timing, decision etc. a new qb coming in changes everything. its not as drastic as say, peyton manning going out and jim sorgi coming in, but its still something different, bringing that element of surprise in there. the texans said themselves that switch caused them problems

also, your argument of saying that alex smith has 'been training better'. yea, he made some good throws and moved the offense, but lets see if he keeps it up (which i garnette he wont).

Dec 4, 2006
Well I can't really speak on how he played during the whole game, I was still knocked out from my night of drinking. Only caught the last 4 minutes of the game and that ugly INT in the last 30 secs of the game, but from the highlights I seen on ESPN and point after. Smith did pretty good, maybe yes in a way the change caught them off guard. But I still say a change doesn't affect how a team is gonna react to it, for example take a look at the Raiders vs Jets game...there was a QB change and the Jets still came up on top.

We'll see how Smith does against the Colts though, I know we wont win that game. But I am hoping Smith does connect with the players again and keeps the ball rolling for the 49ers...