Niner/Raider fans opinion on sharing a stadium?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
I say go for it...

I used to be against the Santa Clara location, but it would benefit me more.

I don't pay a bay bridge toll...

Plus the traffic problem would get fixed...

I'm all for it ..

Nov 2, 2002
bay area teams (except the giants) NEED new stadiums desperately.

Candlestick and the coliseum are the 2 worst venue's in the nfl.

California is the richest state, it shouldnt be like this.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
raiders fans are inherently violent creatures, especially in their own natural habitat. i do not see any foreseeable instance where they could co-exist with another franchise in the same habitat. the risk to human life is too great, this wouldnt work

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
What will happen for season ticket holders when it's Niners vs Raiders?

whoever has it as a home game on the schedule.

they really should just do it at the current site next to the warriors. people from SF don't seem to have a problem going over to watch basketball, so why not just have football in the same spot? the plan the raiders have been trying to get there, is like what the staples center is. they want to make it a spot to hangout, with restaurants and shopping. more than just a sports venue.

Feb 12, 2004
raiders fans are inherently violent creatures, especially in their own natural habitat. i do not see any foreseeable instance where they could co-exist with another franchise in the same habitat. the risk to human life is too great, this wouldnt work
Raider and Niner fans would never cross paths unless they were playing each other. What's the difference between going down to Santa Clara or going across the water to watch a team play that isn't yours? Raider fans don't go to the stick to watch Niner games unless their team is playing and vice versa. It would work, but like I said it takes away from the whole this is our house idea behind home games.

they really should just do it at the current site next to the warriors. people from SF don't seem to have a problem going over to watch basketball, so why not just have football in the same spot? the plan the raiders have been trying to get there, is like what the staples center is. they want to make it a spot to hangout, with restaurants and shopping. more than just a sports venue.
It's going to be in Santa Clara. Too much work has already been put in and the York's are newly part owners of Great America so the whole parking lot issue is moot now. I'm pretty sure I read or heard on the radio that Amy Task is ok with the stadium being in Santa Clara too(although the Raiders are not 100% on that). Now that Al is dead the doors are open. The plan with a new stadium in Oakland being built pretty much died with Al especially with the new stadium in Santa Clara on the verge of having shovels in the dirt. The Niners don't NEED the Raiders to get the stadium built, but i'm pretty sure they WANT the Raiders to share it with them so everything is funded easier.

Not to mention the NFL itself wants us to share a stadium.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002

the warriors will be in downtown SF in 10 years or less....

Apr 25, 2002
I've always thought that two bay area teams if need be, sharing a stadium wouldn't be so bad, and could work to the success on both teams. Imagine a dope ass stadium in yerba buena island!!!! Would be the perfect place to build one!!!!

Id like to see a new raiders stadium built where the old navy bases. Unused land that could be a great waterfront and bring more money to the city of oakland in the longrun cause its away from the inner city of tha town. Plus having the new bridge on the eastside of the bay would add that much of a better scenery....

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
I've always thought that two bay area teams if need be, sharing a stadium wouldn't be so bad, and could work to the success on both teams. Imagine a dope ass stadium in yerba buena island!!!! Would be the perfect place to build one!!!!
one way in and one way out is not the perfect plaace to build a stadium...

Jun 23, 2005
santa clara would be ideal for everybody. you got 280 101 and even 880 to get there and out. plus you can go to las pulgas in san jo before the game starts lol

Dec 12, 2006
The only possible way I would be possibly down for Santa Clara is if they made that bullet train so I could take it like BART to Cal games and they were rebuilding a stadium in Frisco