Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
David Carr jab was directed at Coach D Fresh, actually whole thing was kinda at the coach, I just really think we were a playoff team before Harbaugh showd up, n ya Carlos Rodgers n Whitner were huge picks ups but the core of ASmith, Gore, VD, J Smith, P Willy, n Goldson have been back there for years, and all are our draft picks except the American Badass

quote me on that...

I'm 100% sure I said "GET RID OF HIM" and was pretty upset when he was hired as a back up...

the 49ers weren't a playoff team before Harbaugh you moron..

if they was, how come they didn't go to the playoffs?

So you're saying Mike Dingleberry was on his way to get us to 13-3?

Jesus fucking Christ you're a fucking moron...

Harbaugh came in and turned everything around..

new staff that he hired and wanted as part of the 49ers is what made this team what it is today ...

and yes ...Coach D-Fresh knows ....lol D @don 't believe in Harbaugh's hype...

But you actually believe it's Alex Smith that won us all games last season..

NO, it was the defense and the way Harbaugh has designed the playbook in order to fit Alex Smith throwing needs..

Alex Smith STILL can't get to his open players because he's afraid to make mistakes ... so that's why Harbaugh decided to limit the playbook for him..

but as times goes, little by little they'll open up the playbook for him...

and I'm sure Alex Smith will get a tad better in the next 2 years..

Dec 12, 2006
the 49ers weren't a playoff team before Harbaugh you moron..
You realize we were 2nd in the NFC west 08 n 09 right?
If they was, how come they didn't go to the playoffs?
Shitty coaching and a really good AZ Cards team

So you're saying Mike Dingleberry was on his way to get us to 13-3?
Quote me on that, I called his season a train crash

Jesus fucking Christ you're a fucking moron...
Lets leave baby Jesus out of this

and yes ...Coach D-Fresh knows ....lol D @don 't believe in Harbaugh's hype...
I dont believe he is a genius or the greatest coach in the NFL or we are the best team in the NFL

But you actually believe it's Alex Smith that won us all games last season..
No Im sayin he took over a team with the best LB duo in football, one of the best pass rushers in the game in J Smith, one of the best RBs and one of the best TE's, Harbaugh did not take over the Cleveland Browns

Alex Smith STILL can't get to his open players because he's afraid to make mistakes ... so that's why Harbaugh decided to limit the playbook for him..
No Harbaugh is running the same basic offense that he ran at Stanford dumbass

and I'm sure Alex Smith will get a tad better in the next 2 years..
Priceless

Dec 4, 2006
LMAO ........ and as soon as they landed in the playoffs, they was gonna get knocked out ..like the 1st game..

lol H @har baugh is not a genius ......... THE MAN IS A FUCKING GENIUS YOU DOLT!

and where's the quote at? I said quote me you prick!

Dec 12, 2006
I will admit Im not motivated enough to go searching for quotes, so then you wanted Troy Smith that season? U sure as fuck didnt want Alex Smith but I digress, Jim Harbaugh is a great coach I just think the contrast from Singles to him is so extreme that people are loosing sight of the fact that this team had a lot of talent

Dec 12, 2006
Well I owe DFresh an apology he did not want David Carr
David Carr? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?

There's better QB's out there to go after...JUST FUCKING WOW!
He wanted Nate Davis and Troy Smith

That's why I said give Nate a year..

As far as Troy Smith, we got him in the middle of the season. Of course he wasn't ready, but if they were to teach him the playbook in the offseason. My best bet is the guy will comeback and tear shit up, Carr? lol c'mon man!

You know Carr is Ass Smith's twin brother lol...
Right....let Troy Smith learn the system and watch him do wonders...and that's some real shit...
Good times

Last edited:

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
I dont really buy into all the Harbaugh hype, lets just say I dont think he takes over the '06 49ers and wins 13 games the next year, he took over a solid team from a motivational speaker of a head coach
I get what you're trying to say, but not sure what the point you want to make. Of course this team was a championship caliber team or at least nfc championship caliber team a year or 2 before Harbaugh was hired. The organization didn't go through all of those shitty seasons with high draft picks to not draft the best players in their position. Without Harbaugh, Alex would be a back up QB elsewhere. It was the determination and knowledge Jim brought to the table along with his coaching staff over to the 49ers and brought out the potential of all those picks including Smith with the offense that he's running. Harbaugh, along with his coaching staff connected all of the dots the previous coaching staff couldn't (the obvious ones) and turned this team completely around. If you weren't buying into the hype, you wouldn't be watching the games with that excitement you watch them with knowing we got a helluva shot winning every sunday. in Harbaugh I trust.

Dec 12, 2006
I get what you're trying to say, but not sure what the point you want to make. Of course this team was a championship caliber team or at least nfc championship caliber team a year or 2 before Harbaugh was hired. The organization didn't go through all of those shitty seasons with high draft picks to not draft the best players in their position.
Fa sho, we had alot of great draft picks late too which is a credit to our organization, Dashon Goldson 4th round pick, Alex Boone 7th round pick, kendall hunter 4th round pick, Staley late first round, J.Morgan 6th round, Tarrell Brown 5th round pick, Haralson 5th rounder, Bowman was a steal, etc etc etc

Throw that in with one of the best LB cores in the league, future HOF in J Smith, arguably best RB in 49er history and a pro bowl TE and to me, this was a very talented football team who had a horrible horrible coach in 2010

When I say I dont buy the Harbaugh hype, Im not saying hes not legit as fuck, Im just tryna remind people that we had alot goin for us before he showd up regardless of the regression in 2010 and therefore, IMO his success as a coach is directly tied to the 49ers organization as whole putting great football players on the field, give Harbaugh the same coaching staff that followd him from Stanford to the NFL in 2011, I dont think theres any chance he does with Miami, Rams, Browns, Redskins, or Jags what he did in SF

Now look at this year, the 49ers arguably have the most complete talented roster since the late 90s???? Great coach, love Harbaugh, but its right place right time too

Jan 12, 2006
People keep bringing up Harbaugh and the players but everyone forgets about Trent baalke, after all he's the person who was in charge of hiring Harbaugh, if Harbaugh doesn't come here the 49ers aren't in the playoffs last season. Also Trent and his staff have been shitting on the rest of the league when it comes to building a 53 man roster and keeping all those 53 players salaries in check. Baalke and his team have done a brilliant job of mapping out the future for the 49ers. Dont quote me on this but im almost 100% sure we have about 10-13 draft picks next season and most of them are in the first 4 rounds. You think 10 players from college can make this roster?? HELL NO! they will move up in the draft in order to draft a beast or trade back and continue to aquire draft picks for later years. Another example of Baalke's brilliance is how he gave Patick Willis 17 million this year, making him the highest payed defensive player in the league, maybe only second to R. Seymour who is getting about 18 million from the Raiders, back to my point though. Trent knew the 49ers would have a lot of cap space this past offseason so he cashed out P Willis(17million) so next season when Bowman, Soapaga, Goldson, etc come up for Free Agency he will be able to afford the pieces he really wants to keep. Here are P Willis yearly salaries after this season. 2013: $3.5 mil, 2014: $6.4 mil, 2015: $8.7 mil, 2016: $9 mil. Another person who doesn't get enough credit is Jed York aka Eddie DeBartolo JR. He did the smartest thing in the world when he handed the keys to the franchise over to baalke, all Jed should be worrying about is cutting checks if he wants to be a great owner like his Uncle. Also not to mention the guy was able to get the 49ers a new stadium, something that is damn near impossible to do now a days especially in CA. Also he made it a stadium that only belongs to the 49ers and the city, not no bull shit like the faggot jets and giants who share a stadium. So with all that said I don't know if you saw Steve Young speak on Monday night about the 49ers, but i agree with everything he said. He pretty much said top to bottom from the Owner to the guys on the practice squad, at this point in time the SF 49ers are the best ran Franchise, this team is built for the long haul not for just one super bowl or bust season. The 49ers aren't going away anytime soon. It's hard to predict the future because injuries and other shit can happen but as things are going right now, the 49ers will be a major factor once again for a long time, just like in the 90's and if we are lucky enough and though it is asking a little too much they might repeat some of the things the 49ers accomplished in the 80's and that is saying a lot in a salary cap era.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2006
Do people give Harbaugh to much credit?? Maybe, but it still doesn't change the fact that Harbaugh is at the worst the 3rd best coach in the league, imo he's more like #1 or #2 in the league. With harbaugh I have never even come close to feeling like the 49ers were out coached or not prepared for a game. I know for a fact that as a 49ers fan I wouldn't want any other coach leading the 49ers, unless by some miracle someone was bringing back the GOAT Bill Walsh.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2006
Great article about the 2010 49ers.

49ers pick Alex Smith, not Singletary

When in doubt, look to the players. The players usually know.

The coach? Well, right now, maybe the coach is on his own.

Alex Smith remains the quarterback of the winless San Francisco 49ers today for two reasons: (1) the 49ers don't have a better option, and (2) some of the team's top offensive stars made it clear the other night they had chosen Smith over Coach Mike Singletary. You doubt that? Look to the players.

It was right there on the sideline. Singletary, incensed by Smith's second-half fumble that was returned for a huge touchdown by Philadelphia in the Eagles' eventual 27-24 victory, ripped into Smith and told him that backup David Carr was replacing him. Carr, in fact, was being informed by his offensive coordinator to go into the game, which would explain why he jogged onto the field on the 49ers' next offensive possession.

Whoops. Hold that thought.

As lousy as the fumble was, as erratically as Smith has played this season, as shaky as the 49ers' once-bright future now appears, his teammates still had his back. As Smith walked away from Singletary after their meeting escalated into a low-melodrama shouting match, tight end Vernon Davis steered the sixth-year quarterback right back toward the embattled head coach.

Davis wanted Smith to go and fight for his job. Davis wanted Smith, not Carr, on the field. He was one of several 49ers offensive players who literally wanted Singletary overruled in real time, during the game.

And whatever Singletary's own motivations -- he said afterward that he was challenging Smith to see how he would respond -- it was pure, enlightened self-interest that prompted his top receiver's actions.

"I wanted Alex to stay in the game because I believe in Alex," Davis said. "He has a lot of pressure riding on his back. And I'm for him."

Added running back Frank Gore: "I didn't want David to come in. I wanted Alex to stick it out. He's got all the tools. You saw what he did when he came back in the game. That's all you want from a player."

It was an arresting scene. Singletary appeared to have made up his mind to go with Carr, but when Smith approached him and made his case, the coach relented -- not a unique move, but unusual. Alas, Singletary neglected to tell his assistants. Carr was embarrassingly called back off the field by his own teammate, Smith, who ran out there to join the huddle, too.

Smith proceeded to direct two late touchdown drives, finishing with 309 yards passing, but no one at this point is going to read much of a future into that. Smith is what he is, an up-and-down pro who has never found a rhythm as a starting quarterback in San Francisco and has dealt with a musical-chairs coaching staff and carousel coordinators.

More interesting is the side play, a situation in which guys like Davis and Gore appear to be lining up behind Smith and not Singletary. Gore later acknowledged that he felt responsible in his own right, having fumbled twice in the game, but he also wanted the best QB on the field, and despite two interceptions and the ghastly fumble, that in the players' minds was clearly Alex Smith.

It may not be saying much. The 49ers are a shock, a disastrous 0-5 in a season in which they were a trendy choice to win the mediocre NFC West. Jed York, son of the franchise-controlling York family and putative head of the operation, texted ESPN's Adam Schefter on Monday morning to say "We're going to win the division." (I believe the statement speaks for itself, your honor.)

The day before, York had said that Singletary's job is not in jeopardy this year, which to some would indicate that that he doesn't realize Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher don't have coaching gigs right now or that he already knows neither one of them is willing to take over midseason. But an in-season change under the Yorks is not out of the question -- Singletary ascended in 2008 when Mike Nolan was fired after a poor start -- and the 49ers host the cross-bay rival Oakland Raiders on Sunday in what could well be a watershed moment.

Singletary said this week that he had decided Smith would remain the starting quarterback for now. (To be fair, Singletary's roster options at the position are dismal.) He reiterated that his Eagles sideline rant was a test of Smith's will and little more. It was vintage Singletary, spinning his emotional venting as part of some larger coordinated plan.

More telling than Smith's response is how Davis and Gore reacted. It is more instructive that with Singletary supposedly already having decided to bring Carr into the game, Smith's teammates wouldn't let him come out.

If it wasn't exactly a repudiation of Singletary, who himself has supported Smith through some terrible performances this season, it was at least a cause for wonder. In a moment of choice, the players went with the teammate over the coach. If they trust Smith's judgment over Singletary's, you've got your San Francisco problem in a nutshell.

Feb 12, 2004
people keep bringing up harbaugh and the players but everyone forgets about trent baalke, after all he's the person who was in charge of hiring harbaugh, if harbaugh doesn't come here the 49ers aren't in the playoffs last season. Also trent and his staff have been shitting on the rest of the league when it comes to building a 53 man roster and keeping all those 53 players salaries in check. Baalke and his team have done a brilliant job of mapping out the future for the 49ers. Dont quote me on this but im almost 100% sure we have about 10-13 draft picks next season and most of them are in the first 4 rounds. You think 10 players from college can make this roster?? Hell no! They will move up in the draft in order to draft a beast or trade back and continue to aquire draft picks for later years. Another example of baalke's brilliance is how he gave patick willis 17 million this year, making him the highest payed defensive player in the league, maybe only second to r. Seymour who is getting about 18 million from the raiders, back to my point though. Trent knew the 49ers would have a lot of cap space this past offseason so he cashed out p willis(17million) so next season when bowman, soapaga, goldson, etc come up for free agency he will be able to afford the pieces he really wants to keep. Here are p willis yearly salaries after this season. 2013: $3.5 mil, 2014: $6.4 mil, 2015: $8.7 mil, 2016: $9 mil. Another person who doesn't get enough credit is jed york aka eddie debartolo jr. He did the smartest thing in the world when he handed the keys to the franchise over to baalke, all jed should be worrying about is cutting checks if he wants to be a great owner like his uncle. Also not to mention the guy was able to get the 49ers a new stadium, something that is damn near impossible to do now a days especially in ca. Also he made it a stadium that only belongs to the 49ers and the city, not no bull shit like the faggot jets and giants who share a stadium. So with all that said i don't know if you saw steve young speak on monday night about the 49ers, but i agree with everything he said. He pretty much said top to bottom from the owner to the guys on the practice squad, at this point in time the sf 49ers are the best ran franchise, this team is built for the long haul not for just one super bowl or bust season. The 49ers aren't going away anytime soon. It's hard to predict the future because injuries and other shit can happen but as things are going right now, the 49ers will be a major factor once again for a long time, just like in the 90's and if we are lucky enough and though it is asking a little too much they might repeat some of the things the 49ers accomplished in the 80's and that is saying a lot in a salary cap era.

you aint ever lied!!

Props: IronLungs420
Jan 12, 2006
Video game illustrates 49ers' change in culture

According to over 1.4 million football fans, the 49ers are the league's most popular team.

Those 1.4 million people connected to the video game Madden NFL 13 last week, and among the over 80 million games that have been played since its launch Aug. 28, the San Francisco 49ers have been selected and played with more than any other team.

The 49ers have taken the virtual field 396,254 times. The Philadelphia Eagles are the second most-selected team with 351,551 games. The Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens and Green Bay Packers follow.

May 9, 2002
Video game illustrates 49ers' change in culture

According to over 1.4 million football fans, the 49ers are the league's most popular team.

Those 1.4 million people connected to the video game Madden NFL 13 last week, and among the over 80 million games that have been played since its launch Aug. 28, the San Francisco 49ers have been selected and played with more than any other team.

The 49ers have taken the virtual field 396,254 times. The Philadelphia Eagles are the second most-selected team with 351,551 games. The Dallas Cowboys, Baltimore Ravens and Green Bay Packers follow.
This is more of a product of trying to WIN in the game more than who you think has the best uniforms or root for IMHO. 49ers are good, thats obvious.

And anyone who doesn't think Harbough is the reason the 9era are who they are, look at Stanford and what he did for that program...and look at them now that he is gone and Luck has moved on. They have looked very pedestrian all of a sudden. The man may be a cock smoker, but he is a true FOOTBALL coach. Period.

Props: YUNG $PIDER
Dec 12, 2006
And anyone who doesn't think Harbough is the reason the 9era are who they are, look at Stanford and what he did for that program...and look at them now that he is gone and Luck has moved on. They have looked very pedestrian all of a sudden.
Ya that tends to happen when you lose one of the best college QBS of the last decade and your not a powerhouse CF program to begin with

May 9, 2002
Ya that tends to happen when you lose one of the best college QBS of the last decade and your not a powerhouse CF program to begin with
And who do you think got him there? :classic:

If you watched the games, you would have seen them same attitude that you see the 9ers with now...smothering defense and a power run game. Thats his style and thats the offense and defense he coached at Stanford. Believe it or not, Luck was actually just a game manager...who happened to be an all American QB.