Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2004
Jim Harbaugh is the best coach in the NFL..HANDS DOWN. Dude has put so much confidence in Alex Smith and running the system.

National Radio..Colin Cowherd..Jim Rome and many more were all talking about Frisco these past 2 days. Harbaugh and his staff are about to start thier own tree.

Everyone was calling for Alex Smiths head prior to Harbaugh...but Harbaugh is turning this dude into a potential pro-bowler....Alex will make his mistakes, but they should be far and few between..

What does it feel like to support a true Super Bowl Contender and powerhouse of a team...

Here i am a Raider fan...Hella exited for monday night and we did what we did. Fuckin iddiots...Im still a fan tho..lol
Right on Joey. I agree with everything you're saying this is the best coaching staff hands down in the NFL. And it feels fucking amazing to have my beloved 49ers back at the very top of the NFL where they belong!!!

Props: Joey
Jan 12, 2006
49ers Value Long-Snapping Depth

The NFL received a wake-up call on Monday night during the Raiders-Chargers matchup in Oakland. Long snapper is often regarded as an under-the-radar position in the NFL, but when Oakland Pro Bowler Jon Condo went out with an injury, the art of long snapping was put on center stage.

Travis Goethel was pressed into emergency long-snapping duty and had trouble finding punter Shane Lechler with consistency, showing how crucial the position can be. On Tuesday, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh told KNBR that second-year lineman Daniel Kilgore is the team’s second-string long snapper behind veteran Brian Jennings.

“You’ve always got to be ready at any position if you’re a backup,” Kilgore said. “You go in through the week and you practice and you get your reps in, so you just have to be ready for whenever the situation comes.”

In its no-stone-left-unturned approach, the 49ers coaching staff has Kilgore practice his long snapping on a daily basis. But as Kilgore pointed out, getting a punt off in time is a team-wide job.

“Everybody wants to blame the guy for the bad snaps that hit the ground and everything,” Kilgore said. “But what about the tackle that missed the block? It’s not just the bad snaps, there’s 11 guys on the field that have a job.”

Kilgore and linebacker Larry Grant split duties as emergency long snapper last year, but were never pressed into duty. Jennings, who at 13 years of service is the longest-tenured player on the 49ers, has established himself as one of the game’s most effective long snappers throughout his career.

“It’s extremely difficult,” Jennings said. “Our job is to make it look easy.”

There are several nuances that go along with Jennings’ specialized position. For one, the kicker balls used in the game are much slicker than the footballs players practice with throughout the week.

“The K-ball rules make it a completely different animal than what you snap in practice,” Jennings said. “For a rookie snapper or a young snapper or a backup to go in and snap the ball effectively, it’s a really tough challenge.”

Not only that, but long snappers must be sharp with their stance, their hand placement and their release point. As football fans found out on Monday night, long snappers have no room for error.

“There’s a lot of different things that can happen,” Jennings said.
http://blog.49ers.com/2012/09/11/49ers-value-long-snapping-depth/

Dec 12, 2006
I dont really buy into all the Harbaugh hype, lets just say I dont think he takes over the '06 49ers and wins 13 games the next year, he took over a solid team from a motivational speaker of a head coach

Props: Jaysav
Feb 12, 2004
Yes, he did have a solid team to start with but if you don't see the greatness in Harbaugh youre blind. His players would follow him to war and die for him. He has these guys prepared for EVERY FUCKING SCENARIO every sunday. The coaching staff he has assembled is the BEST in the league. The adjustments, the game managements, the unique formations and plays they call, ETC. It goes on and on and on. Harbaugh is a fucking genius. Look at his track record and look at how many programs he turned around. He's done it at every level. Not to mention the greatest coach of all time, Bill Walsh, saw the potential and the future greatness in Harbaugh. This man eats, breaths and sleeps football. And most of all he is a competitor to the core and HATES losing. Goes on and on and on.

Both Harbaugh brothers are fucking ridiculous. The #1 and #2 teams in the league are coached by a Harbaugh.

GREAT PLAYERS+GREAT COACHES=CHAMPIONSHIPS

Can't win without both.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2006
I dont really buy into all the Harbaugh hype, lets just say I dont think he takes over the '06 49ers and wins 13 games the next year, he took over a solid team from a motivational speaker of a head coach

so you're saying Alex Smith is the one that has turned this team around? LOL

fuck outta here with that shit..

Harbaugh came in and turned this fucking team around...

I BUY HIS FUCKING HYPE and IT'S DAMN FUCKING GOOD!

He'll bring #6 and that's a fact...

Dec 12, 2006
Ya no doubt Harbaugh has got the track record, when I look back at last season, there are 5 games that we won by players and players alone

1st game vs Seattle, Ginn wins that game
Philly, Justin Smith wins that game
Dtroit, Alex Smith wins that game
Giants, Justin Smith wins that game
2nd game vs Seattle Larry Grant wins that game

Now its kinda like the chicken before egg argument, you could say coaching put us in the position to win those games to begin with, I just kinda resist the argument that says Harbaugh turned this team around, this team was on its way up we went 8-8 year before Singleterry and was a SB pick going into that season, right place right time and a great coach no doubt, we had already turned around from the 4-12 and 2-14 days

Offensively hes no Mike Martz and Vic handles the D, with so much hype in sports these days maybe Im just playin devils advocate for the fuck of it, but I haved liked the majority of our roster before Harbaugh showd up

Lets also remember, our coaches previous have SUCKD!!! Mooch- Singleterry no one left the 49ers to be a successful HC anywhere else

Dec 12, 2006
2004 2-14
2005 4-12
2006 7-9
2007 5-11
2008 7-9
2009 8-8
2010 Singleterry train crash
2011 13-3

I didnt go through all those shitty seasons of rebuilding football just to hear some guy who thinks David Carr should be starting right now tell me Harbaugh just showd up and turned the franchise around, its been years of solid drafts, trial and error at WR, CB and O line,the creation of a kiler D, and finally, a real coach

Feb 12, 2004
2004 2-14
2005 4-12
2006 7-9
2007 5-11
2008 7-9
2009 8-8
2010 Singleterry train crash
2011 13-3

I didnt go through all those shitty seasons of rebuilding football just to hear some guy who thinks David Carr should be starting right now tell me Harbaugh just showd up and turned the franchise around, its been years of solid drafts, trial and error at WR, CB and O line,the creation of a kiler D, and finally, a real coach
You must have me confused with someone else bro because i havent mentioned david carr in over 2 years. lol wtf

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2006
David Carr jab was directed at Coach D Fresh, actually whole thing was kinda at the coach, I just really think we were a playoff team before Harbaugh showd up, n ya Carlos Rodgers n Whitner were huge picks ups but the core of ASmith, Gore, VD, J Smith, P Willy, n Goldson have been back there for years, and all are our draft picks except the American Badass

Last edited:

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

David Carr jab was directed at Coach D Fresh, actually whole thing was kinda at the coach, I just really think we were a playoff team before Harbaugh showd up, n ya Carlos Rodgers n Whitner were huge picks ups but the core of ASmith, Gore, VD, J Smith, P Willy, n Goldson have been back there for years, and all are our draft picks except the American Badass
yes, ma dude, it was a playoff roster before he got here. It was a playoff roster with Singletary and Nolan also..what happened? Philidalphia has talent all over the place...are they dominating teams? San Diego has been loaded for years, are they destorying teams in the playoffs? Going 13-3 is no easy feat in the National Football League. Talent alone will not get you there. You gotta have a coach with the right game plan, knowledge, intensity and mind and mouthpeace to make the whole team come together and follow his word like the gospel.

If you don't see the hype from watching Harbhaugh, theres no words anybody on this board can say to you to convince you. I mean look at his post game speeches. Look at the way he showed confidence in Alex Smith when everybody wanted to run him out of town. That alone, makes him a great coach...seeing the talent in Smith and giving him confidence to bring that talent out on stage.

Dec 12, 2006
Well as a long time Alex Smith supporter him having faith in him when we still had no one on roster that was better doesnt mean that much to me, I dont remember destroying any teams in the playoffs but I understand your point Im not tryna be a jackass with that, 13-3 is an incredible season and w/o question he is the best coach we have had since Seifert but again I pointed to 5 games last season that we squeezed out by individual player performance and the core of the team has been here for years, so I see it as Harbaugh came into a solid football team and finally implemented an offense that played off our strengths and we had an incredible season last year, nothing is promised so i wouldnt go as far to say that him and his brother have the best teams in the NFL after week 1 IMO

May 9, 2002
yes, ma dude, it was a playoff roster before he got here. It was a playoff roster with Singletary and Nolan also..what happened? Philidalphia has talent all over the place...are they dominating teams? San Diego has been loaded for years, are they destorying teams in the playoffs? Going 13-3 is no easy feat in the National Football League. Talent alone will not get you there. You gotta have a coach with the right game plan, knowledge, intensity and mind and mouthpeace to make the whole team come together and follow his word like the gospel.

If you don't see the hype from watching Harbhaugh, theres no words anybody on this board can say to you to convince you. I mean look at his post game speeches. Look at the way he showed confidence in Alex Smith when everybody wanted to run him out of town. That alone, makes him a great coach...seeing the talent in Smith and giving him confidence to bring that talent out on stage.
I have to agree in that Jim H is the real deal (albiet, a faggot). With that said, i will say that he has extracted the full potential out of Alex (finally), but that does NOT = Smith being "talented". Jim has found a game plan that LIMITS errors....thats why his coaching is top notch. Smith, by all intents and purposes, it an above average QB at this point who benefits from a very good run game and a smothering defense. Put him on the Dolphins, and you get nothing special out of him, even with Jim there.

May 9, 2002
Harbaugh is a great coach nobody should have doubts, its retarded. All I know is win superbowl or its bust season. Yea we had good drafts but it takes talent to put it together. Where all the haters at? Lol
Those are awfully lofty expectations IMHO. Making the playoffs is a big deal regardless of what happens IMO. Sure, its not the same as holding the Lombardi trophy, but you could be the Seahawks anf go 7-9 becuase your coach fails to understand that you still need to score points to win with a very good defense.