Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

first string offense or deffense didnt look too hot...hopefully it was just the coaching staff holding everything back for the real games.

I've never liked CK as the backup QB before but he was really impressive today. I like what I saw..the arm strength, ability to get away from the rush and making throws in the run...maybe he CAN pan out for the future.

Dec 4, 2006
I didn't like the 1st defense and offense either..

and looks like Alex Smith can only throw the ball deep to only V. Davis ... failed in 3rd down conversions AGAIN ...

I'm not a big fan of Kaep either, but he did look nice throwing the ball today ...

But to me it looks like the offense and defense were playing soft, @V. you might be right, Harbaugh doesn't want to expose everything yet..

Dec 4, 2006
Still take Tolzien over Kaep if I had to choose. Tolzien looks WAY more poised, fluid and in control in the pocket. Dude looks like a seasoned vet. Love the super quick release too.
I don't know breh, but Kaepernick looking way better than Tolzien and Smith.

I'd love to keep Nathan Palmer and Owusu..those two are way better than Crabtree..

Feb 12, 2004
Kaep and Johnson are too similar imo. I would keep Kaep and Tolzien, but I am kind of biased towards Tolzien since I always root for the underdog. But whatever decision coach makes i'm riding with it!! It's our time!!!

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

I think the thing we have to look at with Tolzien and Kaep is that Tolzien looks better now but the ceiling is not that high. Whereas Kaep is still very raw and has a much higher cieling...if developed correctly and given enough time, Kaep is expected to develop into a much better QB then Tolzien. I like them both, I think whoever we end up keeping, Niners are deep at QB.

My guess is, it will be Smith, Kaep, Johnson...however, say Smith is to go down early in the season, Johnson will probably start over Kaep just because he has some experience and is more NFL ready.

Feb 12, 2004
Kaep's ceiling is ridiculously high. Not sure who I can compare him to. A bigger, faster(way faster), stronger, more athletic Big Ben? I hope he doesn't have to play this year so he can keep marinating, learning and refining his skills behind center, reading defenses and refining passing skills.