Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
Forbes revealed its list of the top-10, highest-paid coaches in sports and Harbaugh didn’t appear while St. Louis’ Jeff Fisher ($7 million), Seattle’s Pete Carroll ($7 million) and Arizona’s Ken Whisenhunt ($5.8 million) made the cut.

Harbaugh presumably could have challenged the Patriots’ Bill Belichick ($7.5 million) as Forbes’ highest-paid coach if he followed billionaire owner Stephen Ross’ money to Miami 16 months ago.

At his introductory press conference with the 49ers, Harbaugh trotted out the often-used line: His decision wasn’t about the money.

Looking back, it’s possible he might have actually been telling the truth.

“I don’t really ever talk about money, and it wasn’t a factor,” Harbaugh said at the time. “I like a buck just like the next guy, but I love coaching, and I love winning, and I love football.”

the 49ers came up! It's almost unbelievable what harbaugh has done for this franchise in such a short time.

Feb 12, 2004
Feb 12, 2004
Forbes revealed its list of the top-10, highest-paid coaches in sports and Harbaugh didn’t appear while St. Louis’ Jeff Fisher ($7 million), Seattle’s Pete Carroll ($7 million) and Arizona’s Ken Whisenhunt ($5.8 million) made the cut.

Harbaugh presumably could have challenged the Patriots’ Bill Belichick ($7.5 million) as Forbes’ highest-paid coach if he followed billionaire owner Stephen Ross’ money to Miami 16 months ago.

At his introductory press conference with the 49ers, Harbaugh trotted out the often-used line: His decision wasn’t about the money.

Looking back, it’s possible he might have actually been telling the truth.

“I don’t really ever talk about money, and it wasn’t a factor,” Harbaugh said at the time. “I like a buck just like the next guy, but I love coaching, and I love winning, and I love football.”

the 49ers came up! It's almost unbelievable what harbaugh has done for this franchise in such a short time.
Harbaugh is the best thing to happen to this organization since Bill Walsh!

Jan 12, 2006
jacobs is a pussy. i have never seen someone that big get tackled by a small cb
not sure what you're talking about but if a small cb tackled him low it's understandable. I can see where a 6 foot 4 inch back has trouble getting low. Also pussy would be a back who is afraid of contact or a back who constantly is on his back. Jacobs with his size always seems to be falling forward.

Dec 4, 2011
not sure what you're talking about but if a small cb tackled him low it's understandable. I can see where a 6 foot 4 inch back has trouble getting low. Also pussy would be a back who is afraid of contact or a back who constantly is on his back. Jacobs with his size always seems to be falling forward.
no it was up high. it was all over EPSN and everyone was making fun of him. i mean if he helps us great but i rather see james with the ball in his hands more than jacobs. if james gets space he can go all the way every time. jacobs could be good inside of the 20 but i really hope we use james alot

james can be our Darren Sproles

Dec 4, 2011
no it was up high. it was all over EPSN and everyone was making fun of him. i mean if he helps us great but i rather see james with the ball in his hands more than jacobs. if james gets space he can go all the way every time. jacobs could be good inside of the 20 but i really hope we use james alot

james can be our Darren Sproles

Dec 12, 2006
First Take on ESPN, 49ers are the hands down favorite to win NFC, isn't it crazy how much better this years team is than Singleterrys first team and that team was the SB sleeper pick that year?