Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
There's a possibilty even 2 of those guys' jobs are on the line. I've never known a team to carry 4 RB's on the roster.
With gore being older and being more Mcfadden-like (trollface.jpg), i wouldnt doubt they carry 4 backs. Dixon and cartwright are a special teams battle imo. hunter and james will both have special teams roles as well

Jan 12, 2006
With gore being older and being more Mcfadden-like (trollface.jpg), i wouldnt doubt they carry 4 backs. Dixon and cartwright are a special teams battle imo. hunter and james will both have special teams roles as well
i think this will be the line up, or at least be what i would like 2 see.
RB
1.Gore
2.Jacobs
3a.Hunter
3b.James
FB
1.Miller
2.Cartwright(mainly special teams)

Get rid of dixon, he has shown flashes of talent but not enough to keep him around.

Jan 12, 2006
cut dixon, cut that piece of shit kyle williams, and also cut a QB. We have way to many QB's, I have no idea why we went after Josh Johnson unless harbaugh thinks he is better then Kap and Tolzien. no way we go into the season with 4 QB's. 4Rbs>>4QBs

Dec 4, 2006
cut dixon, cut that piece of shit kyle williams, and also cut a QB. We have way to many QB's, I have no idea why we went after Josh Johnson unless harbaugh thinks he is better then Kap and Tolzien. no way we go into the season with 4 QB's. 4Rbs>>4QBs
To be honest with you, Tolzien is a better QB than Kaep & Alex Smith...

And I don't think he's going anywhere, Josh Johnson was brought to put more pressure on Alex Smith and Kaep..

I believe Harbaugh knows that Tolzien & Johs Johnson are more reliable than Alex Smith...

Dec 4, 2006
Thank you for settling this once and for all, jesus, why arent you running the 9ers? I cant believe it, its a tragedy

If I was running the 49ers..we would had won the SB last year with a better QB .. ha ha

You'll see all the INT's Alex Smith will have this year and how frustrated he'll get and that's when Harbaugh will say..

"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, go sit by the Gatorade cooler and watch how Tolzien/Josh Johnson throws down the field"

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

is alex smith balding?

why is tolzien better then alex smith? I saw him in that one game too when he played against us as a charger in preseason but thats just one quarter of a preseason game...alex smith look pretty good in college, does not mean it translates to the the big stage. Plus, do you guys really think harbaugh wouldn't be able to tell if that was really the case and have him riding third or forth on the QB depth chart?

Jan 12, 2006
Taylor Price ‏ Y @youngtyke Price49
WR L @lil_buck Crab15 feels best he's ever felt in offseason. Talks WRs, B @B-nutz cleats & community work to #49ers.com. http://bit.ly/IFCD6y

#49ers ran combine-like gauntlet during practice today, L @lil_buck Crab15 shined in the drill. "That’s why I wished I would’ve done the combine."

#49ers WR L @lil_buck Crab15 on @DaRealOtisMoss: "That’s my dude. He was one of my favorite receivers.. All I’m going to do is take notes & learn."

Crabtree is going to go off this season, still only 24 years old and is finally entering a season with no injury issues. CAN'T WAIT!

Feb 12, 2004
Crabtree on thin ice as 49ers gain target

By: Glenn Dickey | 04/30/12 10:46 PM

This should be a very uncomfortable offseason for Michael Crabtree as the 49ers have signed free-agent receivers Randy Moss and Mario Manningham and drafted A.J. Jenkins out of Illinois in the first round. The message is clear: Quit whining and start playing or you’ll be on the bench.

Crabtree has been a problem ever since he was drafted by the 49ers in 2009. He sulked and refused to sign until five games had been played because he thought he should have been drafted earlier and received the contract he would have gotten if he had. Finally, the 49ers offered another year on his contract, which helped them, not him.

NFL contracts are all basically one-year contracts with a club option for each succeeding year. That’s why agents negotiate large signing bonuses because that’s real money in the player’s hands. The fact that Crabtree thought this was a concession from the 49ers was our first indication that he’s not very smart.

Since then, there have been other problems. Some of them have been physical, which is not Crabtree’s fault. But there have been many times when he’s run the wrong patterns, which makes the quarterback look bad. To Alex Smith’s credit, he has never blamed Crabtree, but he can’t have much confidence in him, either.

The Crabtree problem intensified in the postseason. It wasn’t so obvious in the first game with the New Orleans Saints, which the 49ers won with two long touchdown drives in the final four minutes. Vernon Davis made some big catches and Smith bootlegged for 29 yards for the second touchdown.

In the championship game, though, the New York Giants double- and even triple-covered Davis in the second half, knowing he was Smith’s only reliable receiver. That should have left openings for Crabtree, but he couldn’t get open. He had only five catches for 28 yards in the two postseason games combined.

After the championship game, he complained that Smith didn’t give him a chance to “make plays,” by which he meant that the QB should have thrown the ball up for grabs and hoped that Crabtree caught it. That’s the very opposite of what coach Jim Harbaugh wants because that kind of pass is often intercepted.

Jenkins appears to be the polar opposite to Crabtree. He’s intelligent, on the Big Ten Conference’s All-Academic team. He’s a very hard worker, according to his former coach, Ron Zook. He’s also got breakaway speed, which Crabtree lacks, and has the ability to either catch a ball behind defenders or catch a shorter pass and take it the distance — which sounds a lot like John Taylor.

It seems that Jenkins and Moss will provide deep-ball threats, along with Davis. Manningham, who has made big catches in the Super Bowl and against the Niners in that NFC Championship Game, is more of a possession receiver. And the Niners will be able to use Davis and Delanie Walker, injured late last season, in two-tight end sets.

There’s still a spot for Crabtree, if he works diligently on his routes, so Smith can rely on him. But, that means checking his attitude at the locker room door — unless he relishes watching from the bench.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

obviously just speakin from lookin at the pics, but moss looks like he's not fuckin around...looks like hes ready to bring it one last time and make a run for the ring.