Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 12, 2006
Anybody think all this speed and playmaking is for the future like kapernick in a few years as opposed to giving Alex weapons to play with. Just curious.
Not to sure if its for Kap but its definitely for the future. Think about it, there isn't much room for a rookie to get a starting position or playing time with our current roster. The 49ers going 13-3 wasn't a fluke. This team was stacked prior to the draft, so any draft picks are more so for depth and the future. Don't be surprised though to see a few of these picks become big contributors though, just like last years draft(ex. Bruce Miller, Aldon Smith, and Kendall Hunter).

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
Dixon & Cartwright are going to be exclusive special team players and Miller is the full back.... Gore is #1 with hunter and James getting 3rd down and special package plays..... Jacobs is the short yardage back..... I like both our picks and if we can get 2 sleeps in the 4th we will be set to make another run!!!!

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
so as of now the roster breakdown = 46 active players on game day

qb = Alex, Kaep, JJ, (tolzien to PS or released) 3
rb = Gore,Hunter, James, Jacobs, Rockwright, Dixon 6
fb = Miller 1
wr = moss,manningham,crabtree, ginn, Jenkins (KW and Swain do no make the team lol) 5
te = VD, Delanie, Byham, Reuland 4
ol = 5 starters + 3 backups 8

on offense thats 27 roster spots devoted, add in lee akers n jennings thats 30 spots and allows only 16 defensive players? theres no way we carry all those rbs.

dl = rayray, smith, soap + ian williams, rjf = 5
lb = aldon, willis, bowman, brooks + gooden, haralyson = 6
cb = rogers, brown, culliver, brock, cox = 5
s = goldson, whitner, spillman, colin jones = 4

that leads to 20 players for defense, the total # so far is 50 players with roles, add maybe another db, ol, te to meet 54

ST players Akers/lee/ginn(count as 1 spot based on what special teams is doing). Cox, jones, spillman, gooden, rockwright, dixon, reuland, hunter, jennings/rookie, rookie.

im not so sure we will carry that many backs, dixon/rockwright will be a camp battle 4 sure

Dec 4, 2006
I just got home..missed the 2nd draft picks...

but oh man! LaMichael James? That's a great fucking pick by the 49ers....the dude is a fast short guy and I love the pick!

on some serious shit tho....SUPERBOWL? I say YES!

Dec 4, 2006
4th round we have a 2nd pick (97th) and 30th (125th).... I'm thinking we'll draft a DB and OL...

I wonder if the 49ers are still thinking about drafting a TE...if so, will they go after Ladarius Green? big dude, he's like 6'6 238lbs ...could see him as a blocker if drafted by Harbaugh..

Jan 12, 2006
[video=youtube;A2SPV7vCKM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2SPV7vCKM8[/video]

About an hour after they were expected to select a player in the fourth round, the 49ers did so: Guard Joe Looney out of Wake Forest.

En route to him, the 49ers made three trades, moving down twice (and acquiring five picks along the way) before moving up to Detroit’s slot at 117th overall. The 49ers gave up their original fourth-round pick (125th overall) and a sixth-round choice (No. 196) they acquired in an earlier trade with the Dolphins.

Looney is 6-foot-3, 318 pounds. He met with 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh at the Scouting Combine. They watched film and talked background, Looney said.

Looney said he’s trained with former 49ers center Jeremy Newberry in January in Atlanta. “I expect him to be a great mentor for me,” Looney said.

Although he lined up primarily at left guard at Wake Forest, he says he’d be comfortable moving to right guard, where the 49ers lacked depth after the departures of Adam Snyder and Chilo Rachal in free agency.

“I’ve always been a physical player,” Looney said. “I love run blocking. I’m just a hard worker. Every day I’m going to come out and work hard.”

He played center at Senior Bowl; center and left tackle at Lake Worth (Fla.) High School.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2012/04/28/move-up-to-select-wake-forest-g-joe-looney/

Feb 12, 2004
hell yeah welcome to the sco LaMichael!!! Our backfield is gonna be called the weatherstorm with the multitude of thunder(Gore), thunder(Jacobs), lightning(Hunter), lightning(Hunter) and rain(Dixon, fool needs to quit slipping).