Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2004
i just wanna say fuck ESPN they can get off my squads nuts! fuck them and their east coast bias we were playing hard all season and it took forever to get some recognition. I hope that Defense just shuts it down! i dont think we will get 13 wins this season, im thinking 10 or 11 with the schedule we have. Im excited as fuck! Randy sounds like hes in great shape, let hope that O steps it up! I want Alex to get him a Ring!

Dec 12, 2006
You know what I normally am all about the fuck ESPN and their bias, but, I gotta say that, I, think now that ESPN/East Coast Sports bias attitude is afraid of the Niners, I say this because that year when we were the SB sleeper that came out of no where and now we have this and I think its because they know the 49ers are on their way back up, they had to be.

One thing, that isnt lost on real 49er fans, is that the way we lost to the Giants and watched them win the SB downplayed just how big that win over the Saints was. That really was 49ers letting the entire league and every sportwriter who covers football that were back, in full force, with a D that has the potential to be one of the greatest of all times, so now, instead of risking being late to the party everyone in the media jumps on the bandwagon

This year I double down on Alex Smith because if he can't get it done with this offense and a full off season than Im going to have to issue alot of apologies one of course to Dfresh

Dec 4, 2006
SFC I-Side ... Alex Smith has had plenty of time to prove he's a QB...7 years..

This season is his season to really prove himself that he's a QB and not just a marginal QB ...

I don't question our receiving corp this year, we're solid..way too solid I must say!

Ground game? IT'S ALL GOOD...

Defense....we been good there!

and like that video of Skip and them other two dudes, the big question still is Alex Smith ... can he get it done with all those weapons?

that's a tricky question to answer right now...

but come to the 1st game vs Green Bay ... we'll see if Alex Smith has improved ..

I'm not gonna give him 2-3 games...I'm only giving him 1 game and that's it..

because with all those offense weapons...there's no way in hell he'll fail ...if he does in the 1st game.. I'll be roasting him for the whole entire season on twitter ? @--- DFRESH, Facebook, siccness forum and any 49ers forum I find...

ponder on that..

Dec 12, 2006
Ya ya ya ya Im sayin if he cant ball and put up if not close to pro bowl numbers this year then he fails, but overall you know my argument, name a better QB on roster since Garcia, either way cant wait to see the new offense its like we just dropped a new engine in a muscle car ya feel me!?!?! should be dope

Nov 14, 2004
LMAO fuck pro bowl numbers i give no fucks about there, get me to the superbowl, win me games, the system in place last year was not meant for passing yard titles. Whatever it takes i dont care how amazing smith performs, keep doing what he did last season, improve 3rd down and red zone completion %, for ya'll to expect this mofo to turn into brees is stupid he isnt that QB, they arent requiring that from him. IF the 9ers had a better QB they would be playing him, thats it.

I respect alex bc he's been about his shit and carried on, hes gone throw a bunch of bullshit with coaches like singletary talkin shit durring games, and nolan questioning his toughness, great QB or not hes a Man, and he has the respect of his teammates otherwise dont you think our talented skill players woulda jumped ship over these passed 7 years?

Dec 12, 2006
I wouldnt care about pro bowl numbers neither but hes a first overall pick and its nothin but just in the spirit of kickin the can around,.......what skilled players are you talking about? The list of WR's over the last 7 years has been fuckin comical at best

Nov 14, 2004
Maybe "skill players" was too specific i mean our good players.
Vernon D. Frank G. Justin Smith. Isaac Sopoaga. are examples of good players either chosen around the same time as alex or have come after alex has been here. If you are a good player and either your contract is up, or your shopping around you probably wont want to go, or stay in a place where your QB is complete garbage and you have no faith in.
Im a bit young but from what i recall alex had his best year under Norv, then the next year was mcarthy and he was boo boo and got hurt. Overall the 9ers probably shouldnt have picked him first overall, but that argument is overplayed, lets move on. I blame the organization for lacking to build a good support group around their young QB. Football is a team sport from the GM to the players, with dumb-ass picks like balmer when you had desean a cali guy out there that hurts the team.
I think last year we saw what we should have seen, and that's a QB play into a successful system, we have a great o-line to protect him and a running game to take the pressure off. we have had talent for many years but until recently we have had the organizational strength to really put us back into playoff relevancy. Tell me what other QB besides Aaron Rodgers (who sat and learned a system and inherited a great team) from the 2005 draft you woulda wanted? Jason Campbell? Kye Orton? Charlie Frye? Andrew Walter?

Dec 12, 2006
Funny you ask I wanted us to take Braylon Edwards with the first grab Campbell in the 2nd or 3rd, and I still think Jason is a good QB but Braylon probably would of been a bust or who knows maybe 5 hr energy really did ruin his life I dunno, I agree with you to we had some really bad drafts too that we forgot about now because of recent success, Im talking really bad draft picks, Mike Rumph, Rashaun Woods, K.Harris of Stanford as basic examples. We also brought in a string of shitty over the hill wide receivers Darrnel Jackson, that half chinese dude that went to USC that was over the hill, Ashle Lelie, etc etc etc n we lost some good talent over those years too, Jeff Ulbrich was one guy I always felt was raw n never got his shine

Dec 12, 2006
Alex Smith Knocks Cam Newton

Perhaps in honor of the quasi-flop movie Battleship that opened up to less than expected revenues, San Francisco 49ers starting quarterback Alex Smith decided to lob some missiles of his own in an interview on Wednesday with the San Francisco Chronicle.

Smith took exception to talk of his own stats last season by downplaying last seasons performance of Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton, saying "You're not winning, though."

Smith, while 13-3 last season and having the best year of his pro career, still came up behind 18 other quarterbacks in total yards. He also finished behind 27 other QB's in pass attempts. Those two stats apparently are important enough to Smith, despite nearly earning a SuperBowl berth, he still sounds bitter about his individual performance in 2012.

"This is the honest truth: I could absolutely care less on yards per game.” Smith said in the interview. “I think that's a totally overblown stat. Because if you're losing games in the second half, guess what? You're like the Carolina Panthers and you're going no-huddle the entire second half and, yeah, Cam Newton threw for a lot of 300-yard games, that's great. You're not winning, though."

These comments, probably made more out of Smith's sensitivity to questions on his worth than any actual grudge with Newton, sparked Panthers linebacker Jon Beason to jump to his teammates defense via...you guessed it...Twitter.

"Alex Smith, don't hate on Cam, because your stats would've gotten you cut if Peyton decided to come to San Francisco. Truth be told... That's after a 13-3 year." Beason Tweeted.

What Beason is not so subtly referring to is the 49ers interest in then free agent Peyton Manning. While Smith was hanging in the wind, looking to make a payday off of his good 2012 season, the team was holding secret workouts with former Indianapolis Colts phenom and future Hall of Famer Manning. The 49ers were serious enough in their pursuit that they were in the mix down to the moment that Manning made his decision to go to Denver.

When Manning chose to go elsewhere, San Fran came calling for Smith again, trying to sooth his ego with the promise of a bigger passing game after acquiring Randy Moss among other wideouts in the offseason. The 49ers quarterback also proceeded to mockingly attack the mascot of the Carolina Franchise

"Quite honestly, I think panthers are really dumb animals and if I had the opportunity to see one in public I would slap it in the face and tell it to get its life together."

Apparently, though happy in that regard, some slight bitterness remains and if he's not careful about who he puts under the bus, it may come back to bite Smith later down the road...on the field.

http://www.craveonline.com/sports/articles/189319-alex-smith-knocks-cam-newton

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Beason is an idiot. The only teams who wouldn't have cut their QB's if they landed Peyton are Green Bay, New Orleans, and New England.
that's not true. if that was the case you would have had 28 teams going after Peyton.

Alex is the one who fucked up in this situation. he needs to shut his fucking mouth. his defense finally carried him to a winning record and now he wants to talk shit about other teams... shut up Alex, you still suck

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
that's not true. if that was the case you would have had 28 teams going after Peyton.

Alex is the one who fucked up in this situation. he needs to shut his fucking mouth. his defense finally carried him to a winning record and now he wants to talk shit about other teams... shut up Alex, you still suck

Alex was not following unspoken rules of who you talk shit about in interviews.. What Alex said is NOT FALSE. Cam only put up numbers cause his team was losing every damn game.... Weather or not Alex sucks isnt the question. The debatable point here is what was 49ers record and what were the Raiders and the Panthers record. (only reason the raiders are brought up is cause you opened your raider ass mouth in the niner thread so we can laugh at yall for a second too) And we can compare all the numbers you want, but dont forget WINS AND LOSSES. That is the greatest statistical category you can have as a QB. If Alex pulls off 10-11 wins again this year against a way harder schedule I will be happy....

footnote:
Cam Newton is a beast! If Carolina played ANY defense what so ever, they would have had action at a wild card.... Carolina can score points and Cam is the reason.

Dec 9, 2005

Not exactly.

Most teams didn't go after him because of the tremendous price tag he came with, and the fact that most teams were already contractually and financially commited at the position.

The point I was trying to make was that Beason is an idiot, because of the fact that besides the 3 teams I mentioned, Peyton Manning would be an upgrade at the QB position for any team in the NFL. He was trying to slight Alex by saying that he would have been cut, had his team landed Peyton, but so would 95% of QB's in the NFL, and the history of the NFL for that matter.

Like mentioned, it's not like the 49ers were kicking the tires on Matt Leinhart.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Not exactly.

Most teams didn't go after him because of the tremendous price tag he came with, and the fact that most teams were already contractually and financially commited at the position.

The point I was trying to make was that Beason is an idiot, because of the fact that besides the 3 teams I mentioned, Peyton Manning would be an upgrade at the QB position for any team in the NFL. He was trying to slight Alex by saying that he would have been cut, had his team landed Peyton, but so would 95% of QB's in the NFL, and the history of the NFL for that matter.

Like mentioned, it's not like the 49ers were kicking the tires on Matt Leinhart.
first of all, I don't think Beason is an idiot because he was sticking up for his team/QB, when it seemed like Alex Smith was talking shit. I get that Alex was just trying to make a point, and he does make a somewhat valid point, but he shouldn't have specifically mentioned any team. He should have left it as a general statement and kept it moving. If you're gonna call out other players and teams, you better make sure your game backs it up. His game doesn't, period. I don't care if he went 13-3. If you gave Alex Smith Carolina's defense, you think he's getting to 13-3? He would have been lucky to get to 6-10 like Cam did with that team.

and I disagree. Based on Peyton's age and health, I think a lot of teams would NOT have been willing to part ways with their current QB. The point is if a team just went 13-3 and were just a couple plays away from the Super Bowl, they're typically not even gonna kick the tires on a QB. Especially a guy who is probably past his prime and has a broken neck. The fact that they were willing to consider parting ways with Alex shows that they don't have 100% faith in him as their starter.

Dec 9, 2005
Point taken. The way our front office and coaching staff is, is that they're always looking for an opportunity to uprgrade, at every position.

I get that Beason is sticking up for his QB, but I didn't take Alex's words as a direct shot at Cam. I saw him using him as an example to prove his point that yards per game are an overblown stat.

Nov 14, 2004
... FUCK THA PANTHERS!!!! lol
that being said,
I think the buccs are gonna take the south, why is it that every team in the NFC seems to have gotten better? that NFC south is gonna be competitive, if they gave CAR some D maybe they could hang, but until then i still have them in at 4th!

fuck the media!! A.Smith can say whatever the fuck he wants for all i care, hes prob still butthurt they fucked up his shoulder a couple seasons ago...