Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
You have been banned for the following reason:
Take this time to read the rules of the board. No personal attacks allowed.

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-25-2011, 10:00 AM

lmao@the 49ers FORUM users are some pussies..

I swear to god, they have the biggest Alex Smith supporters on there ha ha..

lmao@them saying Alex Smith won us the game and not our Defense..... WOW!

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Congrats 9er fans. As a rival, a hater, and a doubter, I was impressed with yesterdays win. That game proved to me 9er's are a real contender and not just a pretender.

Need to improve the redzone game a bit, other than, very solid all around.
it impressed alot of people including myself, I'm more confident we can beat the Packers now if we face them

Dec 4, 2006
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Report-Tomsula-a-Pitt-candidate?blockID=615890&feedID=2539

Report: Tomsula a Pitt candidate

San Francisco's defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, who served as interim head coach after Mike Singletary was fired in 2010, is a candidate for the head coaching position at Pitt, according to a report.

Tomsula has either interviewed or will interview for the job, a source told Kevin Lynch of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Tomsula won in his interim stint as 49ers head coach, leading San Francisco to a 38-7 win over the Arizona Cardinals in the season finale.

Current head coach Jim Harbaugh retained Tomsula as defensive line coach following Harbaugh's hire as the 49ers head coach.

Before coming to the 49ers in 2007, Tomsula, 43, was a head coach in NFL Europe with the Rhein Fire.

Read more: Report: Tomsula a Pitt candidate
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

-------------------------------------

49ers better keep him around! he's great at his job position and the chemistry he has with the players it's outstanding!

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
You have been banned for the following reason:
Take this time to read the rules of the board. No personal attacks allowed.

Date the ban will be lifted: 12-25-2011, 10:00 AM

lmao@the 49ers FORUM users are some pussies..

I swear to god, they have the biggest Alex Smith supporters on there ha ha..

lmao@them saying Alex Smith won us the game and not our Defense..... WOW!
lol

every other year it was ok on that forum, people were making fun of smith every day, now the mods are cracking down cause he is playing better

Dec 4, 2006
still some posters on there that still make fun of him.

but i said to this dude SB49ers "STOP BEING THE TICK ON ALEX SMITH BALLS" and I think that's what got me banned lol..

dude is a cry baby, he has a reply for everything that's against Alex Smith lol..

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Edwards’ inactivity based on practice, game performance
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2011/12/20/edwards-inactivity-based-on-practice-game-performance/

On Monday night, 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said wide receiver Braylon Edwards was inactive against the Steelers because he felt Michael Crabtree, Ted Ginn and Kyle Williams gave the Niners “the best chance.” In addition, he added, San Francisco wanted to use Brett Swain as a No. 4 wide receiver due to his special-teams ability.

The fact that Harbaugh didn’t mention Edwards’ health – he was questionable with a knee injury – was an indication of how far Edwards has fallen. The special-teams play of Swain is more valuable to the team than the wide-receiving ability of Edwards? Who would have thought?

But this, obviously, hasn’t been the same wideout who had 16 touchdown catches with the Browns in 2007 and averaged 17.1 yards on 53 catches with the Jets last year. This season, Edwards has 14 catches in eight games, including one catch – for five yards – in his past three contests.

Today, Harbaugh was asked why he felt the other three wideouts gave the Niners the best chance Monday.

“Just based on the practices and the games,” he said.

Edwards could return to the active roster on Saturday against the Seahawks due to the ankle injury Ginn suffered Monday. Harbaugh didn’t update Ginn’s status, but seemed to indicate San Francisco might be without his services. Ginn had a kickoff return and punt return for a touchdown in the fourth quarter of a 33-17 season-opening win against the Seahawks.

“We’ll see with Ted,” Harbaugh said. “But I think we’ll be … Braylon should be ready to go and look for a good week of practice there.”

* Linebacker Patrick Willis was predictably vague, but did not rule out the possibility of playing against Seattle. Willis has missed the past two games with a Grade 2 hamstring strain.

“I’m certainly hoping so,” Willis said of playing Saturday. “… I most certainly hope to get back soon.”

Dec 4, 2006
dfresh aint going to like what harbaugh said at his press conference today.

Harbaugh: Alex Smith is the long term answer for the 49ers at quarterback

I watched it and I was devastated with what he said...

There's more QB's out there that are better than him..

I say keep Tolzien, trade up Kaepernick and bring in Payton Manning!

Dec 9, 2005
I don't see why not.

It's not like Tom Brady or Drew Brees are going to become free agents anytime soon. He's the best option now, because realistically, you aren't going to pick up a better QB via free agency, and we aren't going to have a very high draft choice in April (I'm hoping for dead last :))

Plus, Kaepernick is probably nowhere near ready yet, and we don't need him to be. What we are doing is working.

Dec 9, 2005
@DFresh, Alex is probably a top 15 QB in the NFL...can't realistically see us getting anyone better unless we give up someone like Willis, and really I don't see the point in that. Alex will do nothing but improve in this system, and for the type of football we play, he is doing a fine job.

Feb 12, 2004
btw, I KNOW this was just preseason but lets refresh our memory with some of the throws Tolzien was making against us. The guy was regarded as super accurate with great pocket awareness and great decision making who played in and would excel in a west coast timing offense. His flaws were that he wasn't physically gifted, his mechanics were off and how he often changes the angle of his arm delivery(things that Harbaugh should be able to help him with). Not to mention our QB coach's brother coached him up in college as his OC. I'm pretty damn sure Harbaugh kept this guy around for a reason when he could of brought in a veteran QB to back up Alex or take the 3rd spot.

2min in. Can't find the original video, but he had some more nice deep throws right on the money.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d821e7325/49ers-vs-Chargers-highlights