Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 12, 2006
he has what? 15 TD's and 5 INT's this season.... by now he should have at least 20-25 TD's playing that good..

but he's what the 49ers need for the next 2-3 years? ... NO, we need a better QB if we want to make it to the Superbowl next year..
K just hear me out and try to look at it like this, first were pretty much a run first team, I think were 5th in the NFL in rushing yards, granted franky had that 5 games in a row with 100 plus but thats point 1 to why he is not at 20-25 TDs right now, 2. We do not have a big play wide receiver on roster, Braylon has been pretty sad this year, Crabby is a possession receiver, Ginn is not the business so that takes away from Alex's big play capability, 3 Loosing Josh Morgan hurts, alot, Im a really big Morgan fan, great 6th round draft pick and he brings alot to the table so that really hurts our offense, lastly 4 Alex has not had one shitty game this whole year, maybe hes had some lackluster games but no multi pick games, and I agree he was off on a decent amount of throws last game, BUT, there was also a ton of drops

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
K just hear me out and try to look at it like this, first were pretty much a run first team, I think were 5th in the NFL in rushing yards, granted franky had that 5 games in a row with 100 plus but thats point 1 to why he is not at 20-25 TDs right now, 2. We do not have a big play wide receiver on roster, Braylon has been pretty sad this year, Crabby is a possession receiver, Ginn is not the business so that takes away from Alex's big play capability, 3 Loosing Josh Morgan hurts, alot, Im a really big Morgan fan, great 6th round draft pick and he brings alot to the table so that really hurts our offense, lastly 4 Alex has not had one shitty game this whole year, maybe hes had some lackluster games but no multi pick games, and I agree he was off on a decent amount of throws last game, BUT, there was also a ton of drops
Thats what im saying.

Jul 25, 2007
So how many fights, shootings, stabbing, choked out steeler fans with their own terrible towels will happen?

Man I hope majority of the 49er fans didnt sell their tix to bitch ass steeler fans. We all know they got some loyal fans and them bitches travel. I would hate to see nothing but black and yellow on TV. Watch Snoop Dogg be there.

Dec 4, 2006
So how many fights, shootings, stabbing, choked out steeler fans with their own terrible towels will happen?

Man I hope majority of the 49er fans didnt sell their tix to bitch ass steeler fans. We all know they got some loyal fans and them bitches travel. I would hate to see nothing but black and yellow on TV. Watch Snoop Dogg be there.

many 49ers season ticket holders sold their tickets to Steelers fans because they'll pay anything ..

I bought 2 tickets for $300 and sold them for $650 ...yes to steelers fans and now I kind of regret it.....

Dec 12, 2006
yea thats prolly a good bet Ima hafta pratice throwing beers on people this weekend because I met JT once and hes cool peoples im not a rapper so I dont care about his business pratices

Dec 9, 2005
Those pictures are a terrible example. Not easy to find open receivers when your pocket is collapsing in front of you.

I'm sick of so called Niner fans using Alex as the scapegoat for all of our problems. It all starts with the big uglies up front! They all share their fair share of the blame for our offensive woes.

You can see a pattern here. When our offensive line is playing well, our run game is efficient...which in turn opens up the passing game. When they're not (like the Ravens and Cardinals games most notably), Alex has almost no time to go through his reads, and ends up taking sacks in lieu of forcing throws and risking turnovers.

Look at our turnover ratio. Our defense is taking the ball away, and even though our offense isn't high octane, we don't usually beat ourselves by giving the ball away.

We've seen Alex for 7 years now, I think we all have realistic expectations of him, and know what he is and isn't.

Dec 4, 2006
I'm not saying to bench him....what i'm saying is to move out without him next season..

it's pretty obvious he can't do the job or even complete some plays..

Dec 9, 2005
Well, I'd prefer to wait and see how Alex performs the rest of the way, but more importantly the playoffs to figure out his future with the 49ers.

He's been very efficient this season, and up to this point right now, he's by far the best QB we have. You can't just say "You're gone" and ask a 2nd year project QB like Kaep with minimal practice reps and game time to step in and expect to thrive.

You also have to remember that this is Alex's first year in this system, in addition to the lockout.

Also, I'd argue that he HAS gotten the job done this season. Look at our record. Obviously, our defense is the backbone of the team, but he has been solid most of the year.