Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2004
They were discussing Aaron Rodgers. They were talking about how he played in a pro style offense, played in our backyard, played everyday with a joe montana t-shirt under his pads and grew up a niner fan. then they played this exact audio clip and it made me sick to my stomach.

Nobody knows for sure, but rumor has it Mike Nolan chose Alex over Aaron because he asked them both to do some stupid test shit like jump on one leg and rub their stomach and only Alex would do it. There's also rumor that Tampa Bay fucked us over and were supposed to take Rodgers and trade him to us but they took Cadillac Williams at the last second. We'll never know and it's all history now but FUCK THE MIKE NOLAN REGIME!! YOU MOTHERFUCKERS SET US BACK YEARS!! Aaron was supposed to be a Niner. :( It's funny the 2 best quarterbacks in the league grew up Niner fans and were local boys.

it was supposed to be like this

Jan 12, 2006
The San Francisco 49ers extended reserve offensive lineman Alex Boone's deal by four years just before Thanksgiving, according to sources with access to the contract.

The contract was filed with the NFL and NFL Players Association, but the 49ers didn't announce it until Thursday night, saying it runs through the 2015 season.

San Francisco gave Boone a $1.7 million signing bonus late last month in keeping the second-year pro off the free-agent market.

Boone will make $450,000 in 2012, $540,000 in 2013, $950,000 in 2014 and $1.2 million in 2015. He also received $940,000 in roster/base salary guarantees, another $600,000 in roster bonuses and $3 million in escalators, so the new money in the contract is $6 million, with the potential for a maximum of $9 million.

Boone doesn't start for the 49ers, but the team is intent on keeping depth and quality on its offensive line.

"We are very pleased with the progress that Alex has made since joining the team in 2009," 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said in a statement released by the team. "He really is a great example of what hard work, dedication and focus can do to further a young player's career. The 49ers are very happy for Alex and look forward to him capitalizing on this opportunity."

Boone joined the 49ers in 2010 as an undrafted free agent out of Ohio State. Boone has great size and is an intriguing prospect, one who has overcome issues with alcohol -- a DUI and alcohol-related arrest made his draft stock plummet -- to become a player with a future with the 49ers.

Boone was featured in NFL.com's "On the Fringe" series before the 2010 season.

Follow Jason La Canfora on Twitter @JasonLaCanfora.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
They were discussing Aaron Rodgers. They were talking about how he played in a pro style offense, played in our backyard, played everyday with a joe montana t-shirt under his pads and grew up a niner fan. then they played this exact audio clip and it made me sick to my stomach.

Nobody knows for sure, but rumor has it Mike Nolan chose Alex over Aaron because he asked them both to do some stupid test shit like jump on one leg and rub their stomach and only Alex would do it. There's also rumor that Tampa Bay fucked us over and were supposed to take Rodgers and trade him to us but they took Cadillac Williams at the last second. We'll never know and it's all history now but FUCK THE MIKE NOLAN REGIME!! YOU MOTHERFUCKERS SET US BACK YEARS!! Aaron was supposed to be a Niner. :( It's funny the 2 best quarterbacks in the league grew up Niner fans and were local boys.

it was supposed to be like this

lol I think its time to let that shit go man

we got ass smith and we have to deal with it. besides, rodgers could have been killed playing behind that line and then people would be wishing they drafted smith lol

Dec 12, 2006
You know what trips me the fuck out about the Alex Smith haters on here? If I didnt know the season standings and read most of the comments on here I would expect Alex Smith to have like 15 picks and were sub 500....most of you are bitching just as much as last year and if harabaugh didnt like him he wouldnt be around this year and Harabaugh is the genius right? jesus christ wat the fuck

Dec 4, 2006
You can tell Eddie DeBartolo had alot to do with the team making moves before the season started...he has guided his nephew to the right path ...

Now only if he can guide him to find a better QB and fix the problem in the O-Line next year, the team will be doper than what it is right now..