Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
sing is desperate for alex. dude cant get enough of alex and his losing games.

hope the loser stays true to his style tho, toss this season in the can and make the draft count.

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Maiocco just tweeted that Johnnie Lynn (DB coach) has resigned for personal reasons. lol.

He jumped off the sinking ship early.

Dec 4, 2006
Maiocco just tweeted that Johnnie Lynn (DB coach) has resigned for personal reasons. lol.

He jumped off the sinking ship early.
He knows all them motherfuckers are about to get canned..that's why he resigned...I don't blame him though..

Michael Lewis, Balmer and Coffee ...all of them left because of Mike Dingleberry ..

He's a fucking cancer to the team and having sorry ass Alex Smith as our QB for the past 5-6 years..that shit wasn't helping either.

I can't fucking wait till i read the news..

"MIKE SINGLEMINDED HAS BEEN FIRED AND ALEX SMITH TRADED"

Aug 24, 2003
lol have you guys forgotton that itd probably be better to just lose this whole season out, and try and draft something

inb4 niners win useless games and lose draft options and everybody bitches about it 3 games from now

Feb 12, 2004
And do you realise that even if the Niners lose out they still will not be in position to get the guy they need(Andrew Luck)??? They will still need to trade up, and that's if he even declares for the draft.

Feb 26, 2006
I'm still high on drafting a CB first. Prince Amukamara or Patrick Peterson. Like said above this is a QB heavy draft. A 2nd round QB like Ricky Stanzi would be ideal.

1st rd - CB
2nd rd - QB Ricky Stanzi

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
No team really tanks in the NFL to get a high draft pick like the NBA. Only because high draft picks aren't guaranteed to be studs.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
I'm still high on drafting a CB first. Prince Amukamara or Patrick Peterson. Like said above this is a QB heavy draft. A 2nd round QB like Ricky Stanzi would be ideal.

1st rd - CB
2nd rd - QB Ricky Stanzi
i'm not familiar with the draft class yet, but i'd also want to do something like this.

draft a certified beast in the 1st, and still get a decent qb in the 2nd or 3rd.

not sure if i'd go with a corner first tho, we should be able to sign a couple decent corners if the team wants.

i might want to get a de line monster in the first if possible. more pressure helps the secondary all around.

Feb 26, 2006
Either way the 49ers defense and QB should be top priority.

I don't like talking about the draft this early, but if the 49ers don't receive a miracle in getting Luck, Stanzi would be a good fit into the 49ers offense. He wont be an NFL ready QB rookie like Luck, but this kid played in a pro-style offense in Iowa and wont take long to groom. What I like about him is his comeback ability. The guy has had about 3-4 4th quarter comeback wins. Stands tall in the pocket, mobile, moxie, and good accuracy. Only thing I'm concerned with is his deep ball and zip delivery.

His 2010 season numbers don't lie
CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
210 324 2804 64.8 8.65 70 25 4 19 160.50

Scouts compare him to Joe Montana. Great accuracy but not the best arm strength. He's projected to go in the 2-4th round just like Montana.

Feb 12, 2004
Anyone notice that our 21 yr old rookie tackle has been picking it up lately and doing a solid job? I like how he's getting better and he plays with a temper. We already know our other rookie guard is a certified 1st round beastly offensive lineman. Our line should be very solid in the very near future.