Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
No team really tanks in the NFL to get a high draft pick like the NBA. Only because high draft picks aren't guaranteed to be studs.
true, but the number one overall pick is an exception this year... I know the Niners won't get it... so it's not relevant to this discussion necessarily, but Imjusayintho

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Vernon Davis Does MTV Cribs
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/around-town/events/Vernon-Davis-Does-MTV-Cribs-111887524.html?1234
NBC Bay Area's Laurence Scott knows all too well the colorful side of Vernon Davis but for the rest of the world Wednesday will be their introduction.

The San Francisco 49ers Pro Bowl tight end will open the doors to his San Jose home Wednesday to MTV Cribs.

The popular show asks famous people to lead them on a tour of their home and their cars. Davis' home is filled with art pieces by himself and by other artists, such as San Jose-based artist Charlotte Kruk and her wearable jacket made entirely of Godiva Chocolate wrappers.

Davis will also show of his cars, his kitchen that comes fully-equipped with a personal chef and a basketball court.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
Crabtree's role limited in 49ers' offense
http://www.mercurynews.com/49ersheadlines/49ers/ci_16861247

Against the Seahawks last weekend, the 49ers racked up 40 points for the first time since 2003 and Alex Smith posted a career-best passer rating.

Still, Michael Crabtree was an afterthought.

He had one catch -- for 1 yard.

"I think Michael Crabtree is going to be a very good football player in this league, but he's still trying to find his way to get all the potential that he has inside of him out," offensive coordinator Mike Johnson said Tuesday.

A year ago, as a rookie jumping into the action in October, Crabtree had at least three catches in every game. This year, he's already been held to one catch on three occasions.

Crabtree hasn't topped 50 yards in a game since Nov. 14. He hasn't topped 61 yards in a game since Oct. 10.

"If I hit him on the two sprint-outs, we're probably not talking about this," Smith said, acknowledging a pair of misfires against Seattle. "But I'm making my reads "... and I'm going to throw to the guys that are open. I'm not saying he wasn't, but that's how it goes week-to-week. You're not guaranteed anything. The reads were taking me other places."

Against the Seahawks, the 49ers threw to Crabtree five times to get the one catch. During the television broadcast, Fox analyst and former coach Brian Billick questioned Crabtree's ability to run precise routes.

Asked about that assessment Tuesday, Johnson said: "Well, that's something that a lot of the young wide receivers have to go through. They have to go through a progression of understanding how to run routes the way true route runners run them.

"That's not a knock against Crabtree. That's just a fact of him being a young football player and still learning and developing. But I think he's working hard at his craft."

# Left guard Mike Iupati (shoulder) was limited in practice. Johnson is optimistic that Iupati will suit up against the Chargers.

"Yeah I hope so," he said. "I think he's still trying to get his strength back from what happened to him last week. But from what I understand, I think he may be ready to go."

# Also on the injury report were linebackers Patrick Willis (hand) and NaVorro Bowman (hamstring), who were held out of practice. Running back Brian Westbrook (rest) also had the day off.

# Players who were limited in practice were linebacker Takeo Spikes (hand), tight end Nate Byham (shoulder), guard Mike Iupati (shoulder) and running back DeShawn Wynn (ankle).

# The 49ers lead the all-time series against San Diego 7-5. The Chargers won the most recent meeting, 48-19, at Candlestick Park in 2006.

# Coach Mike Singletary has a 10-4 record against NFC West opponents and an 8-16 record against everyone else.

# Odd stat of the day: Singletary is 0-7 when a 49ers receiver has at least 100 yards.

Oct 23, 2009
Peter King Might Dont Got It

5. I think I don't know how you could have an ounce of faith in Carson Palmer this morning, not after handing the Steelers two touchdowns on interception returns, and not after continually misfiring again. It might be time to deal him to San Francisco for a second-round pick in April, Mike Brown. Or a third-

Why would we want him for a 2nd Rd pick? I've always thought Peter King was a sorry ass writer who was up Fagre's ass way too much and sucks up to the East coast divisions but....really? GTFO you ass kissing faggot!

ALL I WANT TO SAY IS PICKIN A QB ISNT SUMTHIN YOU JUS DO, ITS A ROLL OF THE DICE & IF U THINK GETTIN ANDREW LUCK or ANY OF THE PEOPLE THEY BEEN TOUTING AS A NFL READY QB AS THE NINERS SAVIOR THEN UR DUMB. ITS ABOUT THE OFFENSIVE COORD/COACH TO MAXIMIZE THE PLAYERS TALENT .. IF WE RAN A SPREAD OFFENSE ALEX SMITH WOULD EXCEL. I ALSO KNO ALEX SMITH IS "NOT" THE ANSWER .. I DO THINK IN THE RIGHT SITUATION HE WILL BE DECENT. IM MORE FOR THE NINERS GOIN AFTER KEVIN KOLB, WITH HIM YOU KNO WHAT UR GONNA GET, KINDA LIKE HOW MATT CASSEL IS WITH THE CHIEFS, CUZ YOU KNOW WHAT UR GETTIN INTO. IF WE GET KOLB I THINK WE SHUD KEEP SMITH AS A BACK UP. I ALSO THINK THE NINERS NEED TO GET ANOTHER YOUNG STUD LINEBACKER BECUZ SPIKES IS A LIABILITY TRYIN TO COVER A BACK OUT THE BACKFIELD, HE'S NOT AS GOOD AS HE WAS IN BUFFALO (WE ALL CAN AGREE)

NEXT YEAR I THINK OUR O-LINE WILL BE 100x BETTER.

WERE GONNA KEEP SINGLETARY FOR ANOTHER YEAR. PERIOD. IF HE DOESNT START OFF WITH A WINNING RECORD IN THE 1st 5 GAMES HE'S DONE.

ALSO I WISH THE 49ers WOULD GET STEVE YOUNG TO COME QB COACH & RICE TO WR COACH, CUZ THEYRE RIGHT CRABTREE ISNT A REAL SOLID ROUTE RUNNER BUT IM SURE HE'LL BE BETTER.

Dec 4, 2006
So who will be our coach next year? Harbaugh or Gruden?

Either one of them coming in and the whole front office will be wiped off ...

fuck I can't wait...this has been a shitty season due to our coaching staff and QB position..

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
a coach that will bring back the WCO

number 1 pick a QB (cut carr, keep the smiths as back ups)

then the most important thing after that is a solid CB, pay top dollar if you need to. (get rid of spencer and clements should not be a #1 CB on any team in the league)

then fix the line, get some vets that wont get confused by stunts, that can pass block for more than 0.1 seconds, let em teach the younger ones and in about 2 years we will have the best line in the league. (get rid of chilo)

everything else is fine and will fall into place once those 3 issues are taken care of.

also get rid of the ENTIRE coaching staff, don't keep anyone, clean out the place and get rid of the bums taking up roster spots.

Dec 4, 2006
a coach that will bring back the WCO

number 1 pick a QB (cut carr, keep the smiths as back ups)

then the most important thing after that is a solid CB, pay top dollar if you need to. (get rid of spencer and clements should not be a #1 CB on any team in the league)

then fix the line, get some vets that wont get confused by stunts, that can pass block for more than 0.1 seconds, let em teach the younger ones and in about 2 years we will have the best line in the league. (get rid of chilo)

everything else is fine and will fall into place once those 3 issues are taken care of.

also get rid of the ENTIRE coaching staff, don't keep anyone, clean out the place and get rid of the bums taking up roster spots.
Keep the Smiths? one Smith should be enough..get rid of Ass Smith, I don't want that cancer near the 49ers HQ...

Clements should become a FS..that's something many of us been saying, Spencer is alright..

Chilo is weak....Takeo Spikes needs to retire, he's too slow IMO.

Get rid of Moran and bring someone in with power and speed over him.

a QB and a CB should be good enough in the draft...and someone that can back up Anthony Davis when he fucks up..

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
Keep the Smiths? one Smith should be enough..get rid of Ass Smith, I don't want that cancer near the 49ers HQ...

Clements should become a FS..that's something many of us been saying, Spencer is alright..

Chilo is weak....Takeo Spikes needs to retire, he's too slow IMO.

Get rid of Moran and bring someone in with power and speed over him.

a QB and a CB should be good enough in the draft...and someone that can back up Anthony Davis when he fucks up..
I agree with the most of this except spikes, he should be brought back definately....

Clements as FS. Goldson gone to some other team to suck dick there.

SIGN CHAMP BAILEY.............